“fun way to spend an hour!”

Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Burlingame
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Burlingame Museum of PEZ Memorabilia features an example of every Pez candy dispenser sold - now over 1000 pieces. Other Classic Toys have been added to the museum. Our newest exhibit features banned toys - including the 1951 Atomic Energy Laboratory and Lawn Darts.
Richmond Hill, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fun way to spend an hour!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband is a collector of Pez dispensers and we visit this museum each time we visit Burlingame. The variety and quirkiness of the Pez museum is a lot of fun. Brings back a lot of memories just to step foot in the place. Having a picture taken with the gigantic Pez makes it all worth while!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank TravelingMom479

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not much of a musuem”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

As other reviews have indicated, it's just two small rooms with a gift shop in the front and some PEZ's in the back, along with a few dangerous, recalled toys. The PEZ's seen on the website are essentially the entire collection.. Can't say there were any PEZ's that were surprises or too bizarre or weird. I actually think I have some PEZ dispensers at home that were not in the museum and I'm not really a collector. All and all, an interesting way to spend 15 minutes if you're in the Burlingame area. I wouldn't go out of your way to get there because you'll probably be disappointed. And the fact that it's called a "museum" really irks me.

Visited July 2013
San Mateo, California
202 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 326 helpful votes
“Fun place for PEZ fans”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I paid a quick visit to this tiny museum. Love the giant PEZ greeting customers in front of store. Lots of PEZ memorabilia. The place is not very big but it was still a fun place to visit when in Burlingame.

Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 334 helpful votes
“PEZ fans will love it”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visited the PEZ museum with my family in June 2013. It's small but packed with a lot of PEZ, and worth a visit if in the area.

The PEZ museum is basically two rooms, the front is the gift shop/PEZ dispenser shop, and the back is the museum. To go into the museum the cost is $3 for adults and $1 for kids over 4.

The front half has every kind of PEZ you can imagine for sale, if you want a certain type, they will have it, or the owner will be able to get it for you. Also in the front is a giant PEZ dispenser.

The rear room is the museum, not only is there PEZ items, but also a display case of "outlawed" toys, most of which I had as a child and remember fondly. :-)

The owner will take the time to inform you of the history of PEZ and to show you the many items in the museum. He all thought he was very nice and informative.

The only negative is that he does not have a bathroom for the customers, but next door is a Honda dealership, and they allow you to use that restroom if needed.

I would recommend this attraction to my family and friends if they were in the area.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank SNAFU23
Raleigh, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Small but worthwhile”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This museum was a great surprise to find. The museum is located just down the road from the San Francisco airport. I wasn't in San Francisco for this reason but found enough time to pop over to the museum. If you like Pez you will love it. The owner has many new and previous pez for sale. The museum portion is one room with every pez made and other pez related items. I tried to stump him but he really had every one I could think of. He also has a person sized pez that we got our pictures with. It was fun to talk to someone who knows so much about something you collect.

If you are not a collector, this might not be for you unless you are just interested in walking down memory lane.