“Great Place”

Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Burlingame
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Burlingame Museum of PEZ Memorabilia features an example of every Pez candy dispenser sold - now over 1000 pieces. Other Classic Toys have been added to the museum. Our newest exhibit features banned toys - including the 1951 Atomic Energy Laboratory and Lawn Darts.
Auburn, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I went on a road trip with my teenagers (15 & 13). This is one of the few places I didn't have to hear "This is boring. Why are we here? Can we go now?" Etc. All three of us loved this place. It is quite a collection, with toys and Pez that people of all ages will know and recognize.

Visited July 2010
1 Thank 24hourmom

alameda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“loved it!”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

my three teenagers and i had been wanting to go for awhile. my daughter (age 17) has quite a large collection. so we finally made it there. and we loved it! the owner/collector/curator took us on the tour ( two small well packed rooms). he was full of information and answered every question we asked - and trust me, we asked a lot of questions. we bought a few pez to complete a couple of collections and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

3 Thank mstonya1972
On the Road
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“An Interesting visit”
Reviewed March 29, 2007

When you think of San Francisco you think of sourdough, the Golden Gate Bridge and it's eclectic residents. When you are done with the city life and need a true cultural anomaly, stop by the Pez Museum. It only fills a 20 by 10 foot room but is packed to the gills with nearly every Pez dispenser ever created. During our visit we were lucky enough to get a "tour" by the museum's owner and curator. We walked away knowing more then we ever thought possible about these small plastic icons.

I wouldn't take a day out of a visit to San Francisco to drive down to Burlingame and see the museum. However, if you like pop-culture and are on you way in or out of the city via the southern route, I would recommend a quick stop.

4 Thank aschurger