“Clean and child-friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Modesto, CA
“Clean and child-friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

We have a ten-month old and we had no problems staying here. We had a king study so our daughter was able to play on the couch. The room was clean so we felt comfortable letting her cruise along the furniture. There was a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee-maker in the room which was very convenient for storing/heating bottles and baby food. We were able to get a portable crib/playpen. The breakfast room had high chairs.
The front desk staff, housekeeping, and kitchen staff were very professional and friendly. The lady who took my reservation over the phone wasn't quite sure of a couple of things and she wasn't as friendly as the other staff but she got the job done. The bathroom was very clean although the shower curtain could have been replaced. This was my second stay at this hotel and I'd definitely stay again. It's also very close to Millbrae where there's lots of good Chinese food and dim sum.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lady at front desk who took my reservation
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K-12Teacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

The Hampton Inns always give you a good stay for the money.
This one is no exception! When I arrived at the airport I called for the shutlle ...which is the JNJ(I think) shuttle to pick me up. It was there within minutes. My check - in was easy. My room was waiting. The front desk was helpful. My room was spacious with a wonderful bed. Waiting for me was a bottle of water and some chips on the bed. The front desk clerk told me about the various places to eat.
You may even eat at the Marriott across the street. Across the street is a path along the bay to walk which is a park. There is a bus which passes across the street in front of the Marriott, if you want to ride the bus to SF downtown,,takes about 30 minutes to 40 minutes.lastly there is the hot breakfast or the breakfast on the run bag. Also a note if you are taking the shuttle back to the airport, please let the driver or front desk know as you check - in order to give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport. This Hampton Inn does not have it's own shuttle bus. Yes! I would stay here again!

• Liked — Bed, Freee Breakfast
  • Disliked — Shuttle Service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank Traveling_Lady_2004
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2007

Spent one night at the SFO Hampton Inn and was impressed with every aspect of my stay: from the friendly front desk staff to the spacious, spotlessly clean room, incredibly comfortable bed and awesome complimentary breakfast.

The room offered free internet access, and a bathroom with more amenities than you see in some far more "upscale" hotels. For the need-a-comfy-bed-for-the-night traveller, you just couldn't ask for more!

I booked directly online at the hotel website and found (perhaps because I booked so late) a super pizza and movie package for just over $100. A billing discrepancy was immediately rectified in the morning, with a genuine apology from the front desk staff.

THIS is how to do business and to keep happy customers returning....
... more expensive hotels should take note.

• Liked — Spotlessly clean, comfortable beds. Complimentary parking, breakfast and internet access.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything (and that's a first for me!)
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank tamiaira
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2007

This is one of the best Hampton Inns anywhere and an excellent bargain - very new, clean, and spacious. Excellent location close to SFO, 101onramp, and within walking distance to Gullivers, El Torito and Elephant Bar. Free parking and airport shuttle is a plus. The free breakfast is excellent with hot entrees. As a Hilton Diamond member, I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, and this one is on my top 10 list. You won't be disappointed. My only complaint is that I missed the hotel driving down Old Bayshore the first time, because of poor signage - but if you remember it is directly across the street from the Marriott, you won't go wrong.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank drichrx
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2007

A friend and I spent New Years Eve at this location and we were very happy with the location, services, and price. I booked two rooms on the Hampton Inn website for $80.10 each. Upon arrival the rooms were ready and clean. The room were larger than expected and that was great, along with a microwave and mini refrigerator made it easy to heat up/store New Years eve food items. This hotel also has free internet access and decent television channels although would have loved it to have FoxNews not CNN.

The bed was large and confortable along with the pillows. The bathroom was large and included many of the free aminities like mouthwash, hand lotion and even shower gel ( bar soap was also provided)

The breakfast the next morning was good danish, oat meal, muffins, coffee and tea among other continental items.

Overall highly recommend the hotel for its great service, clean rooms and all the extras.

• Liked — Clean room, price and location
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank SteveSanFrancisco
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2006

I booked this hotel on the Hampton Inn website for 7 nights. Three people were traveling. We booked a king study. According to the king study, it was a king bed and a sofa that pulls out into a bed. We checked in pretty late and were going directly to bed. The sofa did not pull out, but because we were tired, decided to stay in the room until the morning. Went to front desk in morning, and was treated pretty rudely by Lisa the night auditor. She said that the hotel was sold out and they could not move rooms and that Kind Study's do not have a sofa bed. I told her about the website, but she didn't care. I asked for a discount and also asked if they charged extra for 3 people. She said she would check for a discount and I would have to stop by that afternoon to find out. And she said the hotel does not charge extra for guests. I later went through and discovered what I already knew which is the hotel charges $10 extra for a third guest. When i confronted Lisa her exact words were "Oh Well." Back to the stay. I went back the afternoon, and talked with Fernando, he was excellent and the only person at the hotel to EVER apologize for anything. Fernando discounted the rest of my stay. Greatly appreciated. Still sold out and no way to move rooms. Hotel room was clean and nice. No noise from airport. Had to ask on three different occassions to get an extra towel, pillow, and sheet for the person sleeping on the sofa. When I checked out, my bill was wrong. Went to front desk again and had the displeasure of talking with Lisa whom once again, in my eyes, had an attitude of I don't care. She supposedly corrected the problem. Got home and had a call from Hampton Inn saying they had a problem with 1 of the 2 credit cards used for the stay. We split the bill. Talked to Fernando, and they ended up giving me one free night. Very nice. Thought that was the end. Now, a month later, one of the credit cards was charged twice. Once for the correct charge and once for the incorrect charge. Had to call hotel again and this time spoke with Donald. Started off friendly, but still never apologized. Told issues and about the second charge. He told me that it was only an authorization and I should call my bank. I told him that it was not a bank card. He said that it didn't matter. When I asked if there was anything else they could do, he said no. Called Discover and guess what, it was a charge. Called Hampton Inn toll free number, and they are calling the hotel on my behalf to get this resolved. I am supposed to hear back from the hotel in 3 business days. I Will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The room was nice, but the staff other than Fernando, don't seem to care about the Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I was not looking for a free stay. I was just looking for someone to take care of the issue and try to resolve it. Oh yeah, and STILL on Hampton Inn's website, a king study has a pull out sofa bed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Staff, room incorrect, unwillingness to find another room
  • Tips/Secrets — Be wary of staying here. Check on room before you go. Don't split bill
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bobby31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South? Share your experiences!