“Good location for catching a flight” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South

Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good location for catching a flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Overpriced. Cute room---king corner. Very noisy/sleepless night---between the planes and the loud 'BEEP-BEEP-BEEP' of a large vehicle in reverse just below our window multiple times throughout the middle of the night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

There was no view at all in the room I stayed. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others. I'm sorry to express my views at this moment. It's my pleasure to forward my further comment later because I'm not available to add others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent one night here while in the area on business. I must admit that I arrived really late, and left super early the next morning. So I didn't really sample any of the hotel amenities. Despite that, I had a great overnight stay.

The property is situated close to the San Francisco airport, and offers a shuttle service. This let us turn in our rental car early, and not worry about getting to the airport in the morning. The staff was friendly and courteous. When I indicated I would be leaving at 4:00am in the morning, the receptionist offered to have a bag breakfast waiting for me at the counter at my departure time, since the restaurant wouldn't be open yet. Now I call that service!

My room was clean and comfortable. It was set up to accommodate someone who is wheelchair-bound. I don't know if all of the rooms are like that or not. But because of it, the shower was quite roomy, and set up with no curtain, door or threshold. It was nice, but the arrangement allowed a lot of water to puddle on the bathroom floor, which might be a slip hazard. Not a complaint, so much as an observation in case you get a room like this.

It was a short stay, so this is a short review. Given my experience here, I would definitely stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a great hotel conveniently located for access to San Francisco airport. We used the hotel shuttle back to the airport so we could use the BART train into the centre of the city for the tourist sights. It took about 20 minutes to get to the airport. We had trouble getting back to the hotel afterwards as the shuttle did not come. We waited for over half an hour and decided to get on the Marriott shuttle instead which seemed to run every 15mins (that hotel is over the road from the Hampton).
The room was clean and quiet, despite being close to the airport. If you love plane watching you can see all the take off and landings from a really good vantage point over the road near the Marriott. While there you will see a path/jogging trail which runs along the bay-side and gives a lovely view of the bay. There is a Starbucks inside the Marriott.
The Hampton had lovely fresh cookies available when we arrived and the check-in was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good with all the usual fare; yogurts, cereal, toast, pastries, muffins, fruit and some hot options, eggs etc.
Wi-Fi worked well, no drop-out, and best of all was included in the room rate. Will definitely return when we can get back to San Francisco. Thanks to all staff for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank the_flying_goose
Utah, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I flew in with family/friends to attend the Nike Marathon this last weekend. The gal who checked me in was wonderful and helped me out tremendously in finding my way into downtown San Fran after the BART went on strike. I was very happy with this hotel, until our last day there.

The night before the race we had worked it out with the front desk for a late check out. They gave us until 2pm and we had three rooms. To be fair to them since we didn't know what time we would be back with all the traffic caused by the race, we put all our belongings into one room that we had planned on staying over in (one girl in our party didn't fly out until the next morning). If we weren't back by 2pm they would check us out of those rooms and we would just have the one that was staying over. We were up and out by 5am.

We returned back to the hotel at 1pm. We all went back to our rooms to shower and get dressed. After running 13.1 miles all you want is a hot shower and a bed to lie down in for a few minutes. Two of our room keys worked and one didn't. The gal in the one room without a working key went to the front desk to get it reprogrammed. The front desk girl completely went off on her telling her she wasn't allowed back into her room and handed her a bag full of her things. Remember, we had three rooms with 2pm checkouts. My keys still worked so I went into my room to shower only to have the front desk girl come running down screaming and yelling that we were not allowed back into our rooms. We explained we had a late checkout, our keys still worked, we just needed to shower and then we would be gone. She wanted a detailed description of what the front desk person who told us that looked like and was just going off on all five of us in the middle of the hallway. A guest from 5 doors down actually came out and wanted to know what the problem was. She said she didn't hear anyone yelling except for the front desk girl.

We kindly asked to speak with her manager. She wouldn't let us speak to him/or her just told us what the manager had said. She told us we had to be out of that one room by 2pm (now only 45 minutes away) or she would have us thrown out. This was just a simple case of the front desk not talking with each other and us, the paying guest, getting stuck in the middle. So five women quickly showered and threw clothes on and we left with 8 minutes to spare.

We were so afraid we actually took pictures of how we left the room and the time on the clock and got a print out of the time we checked out of the hotel. I've never been threatened to have the police called on me! We were just five moms’ there to run a charity race! We had to spend the rest of the night walking around San Fran on our hurting and tired feet, and find a last minute place for our other person flying out the next day.

It's so sad that one front desk person can completely ruin a wonderful uplifting trip. I think she just got caught not doing her job and had to find someone to blame it on. I found it very interesting our request to speak with her manager was denied and we were told no manager ever works on the weekend. When I went to get a copy of my receipt she was at the front desk with her school books open. I'm pretty sure that is not professional at all. The whole way she handled us and this situation was not professional. The hotel was great. The staff completely ruined it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Management247
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here after arriving at SFO. It was a quick drive from the airport and was very convenient to the airport and highway. It was the same as most other Hampton Inns - clean, pleasant and had a good breakfast. If we return to SFO and need a one night stay, this will be where.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Long Beach, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hampton Inn offers a great product and has never disappointed me the many times I have stayed in their hotels around the country. This SFO location is very convenient to the airport but it comes at a price. The EAST side of the hotel directly faces an airline catering facility that operates at all hours. Heavy truck activity is easily heard from this side of the hotel. That said, you can't get much closer to the airport, so if that's your agenda this hotel will work well for you. Clean rooms, good service and professional staff is what I experienced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rob B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South? Share your experiences!