“Beautiful property, great service”

Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Hong Kong
“Beautiful property, great service”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is an airport hotel so mind you, it's definitely far from the city and best only as a layover before an early morning flight, but if this is what you are after, Hilton Garden Inn SF / Burlingame is a great choice! It's a beautiful property, extremely reasonable rates (managed to get $99 + taxes on the hotel website), rooms are wide and spacious, bathroom is clean with the Bath and Body Works line of toiletries, huge comfy beds, nice roomy workspace, and although near the airport there it isn't noisy at all as one would expect and my sleep quality was splendid. Service was great too. The shuttle comes every half hour (unlike 15-20 minutes at some other properties) so leave yourself enough time to get to the airport! And don't board the wrong shuttle as there is another Garden Inn at SF Airport North.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again. There are no / limited nearby dining options but breakfast in the lobby is a hearty spread at a reasonable $12.95 + taxes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great price, quiet and clean room. No problems with parking, an outdoor lot. Breakfast was not included but with the good price for the room and the Continental breakfast option, it was very reasonable. They had pre-printed sheets with information for the area (we wanted directions to a local grocery store).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was here for 2 nights while traveling for work. I arrived very late at night, staff was friendly, breakfast was good, aprking was easy and free. Hotel was easy to find from the airport. The cafe food is a bit pricey for what you get but it is decent. Very nice hotel for the price. I would be happy to stay there again when I am back in town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were here just for one night, basically in transit between coming from LA and going to Las Vegas, and now wish we had stayed a bit longer. Everything was great - check in was a breeze. A mistake was made with our room, so we received a complimentary glass of wine with dinner (which was a nice touch), our room was very clean and comfortable, dinner was pleasant, wi-fi was great and breakfast was really tasty. Caught the shuttle back to the airport the next day. The only negative would be that there was such a long wait for the shuttle when we first arrived at San Francisco Airport that we decided to take a taxi instead - we were tired and did not want to wait the 35-45 minutes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank karenko111
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed for four nights while visiting in San Francisco. Originally we had planned to stay at a Hampton Inn close by but when we arrived the Hampton Inn had no swimming pool and not even a place to sit outside; plus there was construction all around. We were able to book four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn and we were not at all disappointed. The setting of the hotel is very pleasant, right by a trail that runs along the bay and a waterway.

Although I used my Hilton Honors points to pay for this hotel, the price quoted to us was 189.00 a night which was very reasonable considering what hotels in the San Francisco area charge. Our room was large enough and very clean. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our stay included breakfast which is cooked to order (or you can just choose the continental offerings). I can't imagine that anyone would want more than is offered for breakfast; most mornings we were satisfied with fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries and oatmeal. The wait staff for the breakfast was excellent.

Our primary reason for choosing a hotel near the airport was to ride the shuttle to the airport in order to take the train into the city. The shuttle arrives promptly every 30 minutes and the drivers were courteous and helpful, dropping each passenger off at their desired stop. The shuttle was shared only with this hotel and the Embassy Suites close by.

The hotel does have a heated indoor pool and hot tub. The pool is small but adequate considering that most of the travelers here seemed to be business travelers and not a lot of families. There is a workout room available 24 hours a day and a business center with computers, printers and a copier and free wireless. There is also a coin-operated laundry with two washers and dryers. Parking also is free.

We really don't have complaints except to say that the choice of television channels was not very good. We didn't come to San Francisco to watch tv but we did enjoy having the television to watch after long days spent sightseeing. Also, the beds are very comfortable but were double size, not queen. I would expect a property this nice to have larger beds.

The attached restaurant, while providing excellent service, only provides mediocre food. We did eat there a couple of times; the day we arrived since we were tired after a long day of travel and our last night there, when we got salads to go. The portions are generous but the food was nothing special with the lettuce on my salad showing some brown edges. So, I would avoid the restaurant except for breakfast but overall the hotel is a great place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CampingCrazy
Placerville, California
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm usually very disappointed in the wireless internet speed at most hotels. Not so here. It was very fast. Makes working from the room possible, Rooms are newer, with flat screens. Parking is free unlike the Embassy Suites across the street. Only thing I'd recommend the hotel improve is to get a window clear out, as my window view of the bay was obscured by a fairly dirty window.

The staff here were first rate, and very friendly/helpful. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of the Bay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I spent the night after arriving at SFO at 1:00 am. I had to leave the next morning by 5 am so I just had a few hours in the room. It was a basic, clean and comfortable room. The room rate was a bit more pricey as my stay was the last day of the US Open which was unfortunate especially considering I was there for four hours...

The biggest problem with the room was that the blow dryer did not work. This might not seem like a big deal but I timed my morning exactly to get dressed and ready and then hit the road...there was not time to see about getting a replacement so I headed off to my day with wet hair.

I also had issues getting my Hilton points posted...my missing stay request was denied and I eventually had to call Honors customer service to get this resolved. Not a huge issue, but not one I have ever had before.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Geoggirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame? Share your experiences!