“Comfortable and Semi-Helpful Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Comfortable and Semi-Helpful Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

I was forced to stay at this hotel after a lay over.

The staff members were very helpful and tried their best to help out and make things work. What I did think was funny was that the Front Desk Manager left the desk when their was a line-up and people were waiting. I would not consider this to be well trained management for a Hilton hotel. In fact, when I was watching her, she actually didn't seem very friendly at all.

The room was comfortable, but there were some noises and banging in the morning that were rather annoying, especially when you are trying to stay sleeping.

I did eat there and the food was on the higher side of medium scale. (Room service was very quick)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

I got a great price on Priceline. I was very pleased with my stay. The service was great. My room was very comfortable. The bed was great. The shower was awesome. There is a very big flat screen in room. If you love coffee like I do go down stairs and get a free refill coffee in lobby for $2. Its Pete's and very Good. The free in room coffee tastes like watered down poison. Room service coffee is $10 for 3 cups. The restaurant was a little disappointing. When we got there we were tired (2 hours of traffic on bay bridge). We wanted some food and bed. The restaurant had only one waiter and one bus boy that did not speak English. The poor waiter had about 10 tables of customers. The service was horrible. He got my order wrong and I had to sit there and watch my friend eat while I waited for my food. The restaurant was the only disappointing part of my stay. The service in the hotel was very top knotch. Parking is $18 per day but you are goping to pay for parking anywere in S.F.

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

The hotel is very convenient for spending a night before your flight from the SFO Airport. The room was great, very spacious and comfortable. We had a King Size bed that guaranteed a good night's sleep. The location is not perfect, you don't have any restaurants or bars nearby. However, the free shuttle to the airport is an asset.
Great place for stays just before your flight. Highly recommended.

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

This hotel was convenient to the airport and the shuttle was prompt in picking up and dropping off at the airport. I ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was good. The only problem I has with this hotel was I could hear the buidling's main heating/air conditioning unit which was a few floors down outside my window. It was loud and very noticeable 24 hours.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Central Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

An excellent airport hotel. The property has conveniant van service to SFO. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The rooms are large and comfortable. Kincaid's is a very short and easy walk behind the hotel. The Park and Fly options are reasonable.
In all ways this is an excellent place to spend the night prior to a departure from SFO!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

I'm a Hilton Diamond member, and expect great service and experience from Hilton. Normally I get it. This Hilton, which is supposed to be at the airport is 25 minutes away by courtesy shuttle. I waited 20 minutes for Hilton HHonors check-in because there was only one person staffing Registration and there was a line of 5! I commented about that to the clerk who said "Sorry about that". There was no bathrobe in the room, and I paid $20 more for breakfast, which is provided free if you can get to the Executive Lounge, which I get automatically. I would have thought they would have rolled the price back, but no. The bed was comfortable, but not as great as other Hiltons. To take BART to the city, you have to take the shuttle back to the airport, then get BART. I'm not coming back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Applegate, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

We had what we thought was a lovely stay at the Hilton in room 633. The room was seemingly clean and roomy. Front desk was courteous and accommodating to an early check-in. Room service was great. All was perfect until the bite welts appeared on my husband's back and arms this morning. We immediately called and notified the Hilton and hopefully management will look into the matter and do whatever is necessary to eradicate the bed bugs. I hate to sound such an alarm, but we would have appreciated knowing of this problem before we became a victim to it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your stay. I am happy to hear our front desk staff and room service team provided you with excellent service.

In regards to the Bed Bug incident you believe you experienced at our hotel I want to assure you this is an issue my team and I take very serious. We diligently follow a detailed procedure designed to maximize the prevention and identification of Bed Bugs. Once you notified us of your concerns we immediately enacted the relevant steps of our policy including placing the room out of service until it could be professionally inspected by the nationally recognized pest control service Ecolab. I am happy to report that Ecolab found no evidence of Bed Bugs in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the bay area again soon.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!