“Not Great”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I'm a Hilton Diamond member, and expect great service and experience from Hilton. Normally I get it. This Hilton, which is supposed to be at the airport is 25 minutes away by courtesy shuttle. I waited 20 minutes for Hilton HHonors check-in because there was only one person staffing Registration and there was a line of 5! I commented about that to the clerk who said "Sorry about that". There was no bathrobe in the room, and I paid $20 more for breakfast, which is provided free if you can get to the Executive Lounge, which I get automatically. I would have thought they would have rolled the price back, but no. The bed was comfortable, but not as great as other Hiltons. To take BART to the city, you have to take the shuttle back to the airport, then get BART. I'm not coming back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Reviewed December 4, 2010

We had what we thought was a lovely stay at the Hilton in room 633. The room was seemingly clean and roomy. Front desk was courteous and accommodating to an early check-in. Room service was great. All was perfect until the bite welts appeared on my husband's back and arms this morning. We immediately called and notified the Hilton and hopefully management will look into the matter and do whatever is necessary to eradicate the bed bugs. I hate to sound such an alarm, but we would have appreciated knowing of this problem before we became a victim to it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your stay. I am happy to hear our front desk staff and room service team provided you with excellent service.

In regards to the Bed Bug incident you believe you experienced at our hotel I want to assure you this is an issue my team and I take very serious. We diligently follow a detailed procedure designed to maximize the prevention and identification of Bed Bugs. Once you notified us of your concerns we immediately enacted the relevant steps of our policy including placing the room out of service until it could be professionally inspected by the nationally recognized pest control service Ecolab. I am happy to report that Ecolab found no evidence of Bed Bugs in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the bay area again soon.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2010

Amazing interior design in rooms and lobby. The manager Vaughn Bennett was quite helpful. The restaurant is lovely. For a really nice dinner walk to Kincaid's Seafood on the bay right next door.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel was reasonably priced with very large rooms. Internet access was complimentary as was a shuttle to the airport that starts running at 4am. There is also a shuttle that runs approximately every hour to the shopping area (approximately 3-4 blocks) in Burlingame. The area offers a variety of shops and international restaurants. A good place to spend a couple of hours. The hotel is also directly adjacent to a beautiful walking trail along the bay with views of the city and airport. The only downside is the isolated location when it comes to dining options. There is not much around except for a pricey in-house restaurant and the equally pricey (but normal) room service as well as a restaurant next door.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

this hotel should be a 4/ 4.5 but i am giving it a 3 at the most because of front desk service, namely MELISSA, who was totally unfriendly, unhelpful and indifferent at check in and again later when asked a simple question. All other staff were very good, but to have someone like this at front desk is beyond comprehension. Rooms are nicely renovated with excellent lighting and flat screen tv. Try another airport hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I like Hilton properties and this one does not disappoint. I was only there one night and can only comment on check-in and the rooms. Check-in was superfast and friendly. The lobby of the hotel (with the changing light colors behind the check-in desk) was beautiful. The room, a single with king on the 13th floor, was large but not huge (the perfect size) with a nice, modern-yet-comfy decor. Hilton has the best pillows in the industry (IMHO) so I slept like a baby.
The location is good in relation to the airport and anything South of the airport, however, if you are driving from San Francisco city, it is about the furthest airport hotel from the city. Not bad though...and it sits on the Bay with lovely views.
The only drawback - no free wi-fi! How a huge hotel chain like Hilton cannot offer free wi-fi is beyond me.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Have stayed at this property for a period of several weeks. Very impressed with service as management is very visible and go out of their way to assure they meet customer's needs. Reasonable pricing for rooms. Only recommendation would be to provide a more varied dining room menu as restaurant options in immediate area are limited.
Overall though highly suggest people to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experiences and observations. My management team believes a hands-on, visible approach is essential to providing our guests with outstanding service. I am also happy to report that within the last week we have significantly revised our Restaurant and Room Service menu, expanding the selections while also offering many new items. The feedback has been very positive and I do hope you will again share your thoughts on our selections after your next visit to our hotel.
Regards,
John C. Kellites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!