1,918 results
All reviews the executive lounge san francisco nice hotel room service self parking view of the bay room key business trip free shuttle convenient location one night stay long flight walking path shuttle service an early morning flight cookies rental car
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

This full service Hilton is situated in a group of hotels at the far southern end of the Lagoon to the south of SFO. I have stayed here 4 times now, most recently the weekend of May 6-7. The free shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes and is shared with the nearby Embassy Suites. A lot of the hotel shuttles are similar in size & black in color or share nearly the same name (there are a TON of SFO hotels), so be patient the right one will be along soon enough. The trip to the hotel takes about 15 minutes. Many air crews use this hotel, and are on the move 24/7, so the drivers know how to hustle.

Everyone I encountered on this stay was extremely courteous and helpful. I arrived around 10:30am and was happy to be able to check into a room on the top floor (15)-this is also where the large key access Executive Lounge is located. My room faced north toward SFO and San Francisco way in the distance. The Exec Lounge faces south and I much prefer my north room view. I think most folks would like this too. I am a Hilton Diamond member and always get Lounge access, which is actually a very nice perk here. The lounge is open all 7 days of the week and serves a full breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres followed by desserts. Cookies and cold drinks are available until the brief closing period of 11pm-6am. It really is a wonderful Lounge for a US Hilton and kudos for keeping it open on the weekends. There are two PCs that share a printer here as well.

My room had lovely views of SFO runways and many of the terminals. You will also get great views of the Santa Cruz Mountains and the never ending traffic on the 101 Freeway that separates the airport hotels with downtown Burlingame, Millbrae & San Mateo. The oversized rooms have rather outdated blonde furnishings that are functional rather than luxurious. Of note is the very large flat screen tv. A comfy chair was next to the window and if you are into plane spotting you could sit for hours! There are a few outlets for charging built into the desk and under and beside them were various sized drawers. A built in luggage rack is on the other side of the tv. There is a large closet before the bath with wooden doors and a large laptop size safe. The large theme continues to an oversized bathroom with standard Roth Hilton amenities. A full tub/shower completes the room. Water pressure is adequate. Wifi was strong and steady on my two devices, but I get premium when I log in. The one big irritation is the lack of a refrigerator. I just don't see why this hotel spends so much money on facilities yet neglects what lesser brands give you as a basic amenity. Incredibly I got turn down service which consisted of closing my curtains, folding the duvet over and putting two tiny mints on the nightstand. No trash pickup or towel replacement/removal. It seemed like a waste of labor.

The area around the hotel is great for watching aircraft if that is your thing, and there is quite a long path on the edge of the bay. The lone restaurant you can really walk to is Kinkaid's, which opens at 4pm on Saturday and closes at 9pm. That's pretty crazy, truthfully you are better off taking the free trolley on it's loop into downtown Burlingame with a bevy of great places to eat and drink. Plus they stay open to normal hours! There are great maps on the trolley schedule (even separated by cuisine) of all the array of choices. I suggest picking a few and look at the reviews and enjoy a meal in town. If you miss the trolley, Uber/Lyft will be cheap back to the hotel.

The lobby level bar/restaurant is okay, but I didn't eat here, I only stopped by for a cocktail. There are views of the bay and airplanes, but trees do block out a lot of it. I would call it pretty utilitarian. It was never very crowded with people, I guess they all took the free trolley like I did! In front of the restaurant are a couple of PCs and printers mostly used for boarding pass printing.

When I left very early Sunday checkout was a snap and the shuttle was spot on time, of course 90% of the van were air crew. All in all a very solid hotel, if they put fridges in the rooms there would really be nothing to grouse about. Enjoy the Hilton SFO Bayfront.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank NJRobS787
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Close to the airport, pleasant staff and quick, efficient check in and out service. Relaxing restaurant atmosphere and accommodation for breakfast on the go exceeded expectations. Friendly service with a smile!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank marymA3340MC
Reviewed May 5, 2017

just back from another great stay at the SFO Hilton. this hotel never lets me down, the staff, room, executive lounge always great. we had a room on the 15th floor with nice views of the bay and airport. the staff here makes you feel like family we stay here at least 3 times a year and i have never had a bad experience. we will be back!

Room tip: executive level
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scubaman628
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Stayed here 3/11/17 for one night. Although it was a nice, clean hotel with a good location, I have to give it a low rating. In the middle of the night, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the hotel. We were not let back up to our room until the fire dept. cleared it. Even though this was a major inconvenience and I was extremely exhausted, I understand that things happen. However, the alarm proceeded to go off at least another 5 times, startling me awake every time. I got no sleep whatsoever. Did not receive any type of apology from any staff. When I checked out, I was asked how my night was and I said not good, so she gave me free parking but did not apologize or make any type of comments about what happened all night. I usually do not write reviews but I felt the need to comment on my experience here. I would be hesitant to stay again if I plan on getting any sleep.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank nicolealyse
Reviewed May 4, 2017

This Hotel provides great value for your money. The executive lounge provided a much needed ease and comfort for breakfast, water, and snacks. The hotel located near the airport and easy to get to. The view of the bay (you can see both sunrise and sunset from different parts of the hotel!) is also amazing.

Date of stay: April 2017