I stay in a lot of Hilton Hotels and this was very typical Hilton chain. The parking is expensive - $18.00 a day if you park yourself, which I'd recommend over the Valet option. The parking garage is well lit and easy to walk out the front of the hotel and get downstairs within a minute. They have an elevator if you don't want to take the stairs.
I ate in the restaurant once and the food was pretty good and the atmoshere for dinner was nice. They have a nice large bar area that is on the other side set away from the restaurant so the noise was greatly reduced. The service was great. I liked that even though I dined alone they didn't cram me at a small table.
The view from the hotel is great and there is a path furhter down from the hotel that is ideal for walking/running. It was busy most afternoons and seemed safe.
Their fitness center was great. Very nice equipped with nice equipment, two TV's. They have a lot of equipment jammed in there, but it was empty the few times I used it so I loved it. Lots of towels and a water cooler. They had sanitizer wipes as well, which I actually took to my room to wipe down the night stand between the two beds in my room.
The room was clean, but they missed a few minor things - such as glass rings on the night stands and the desk area. Internet worked great - it's 9.95 a day which is typical but it was wireless which was helpful. The rooms are fairly quiet from hotel guest noise. Because of it's close proximity to SFO you can hear some flight traffic but it's not too bad and I rarely noticed it. Bed was comfortable and the furnishings were nice, including a nice giant flat screen on the wall. Big room and even a comfy chair to sit in and read a book in. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and overall comfortable.
The hotel is right next to a fabulous restaurant called Kincaids. It had fabulous seafood and a too die for bar. GIANT BAR. Expensive, but if you're gonna have a nice dinner I recommend it. Great view!
I had a few issues that prevent me from giving this outstanding:
1) My room keys did not work to get my car out of the garage. I had to repark, go back to the front desk and was given a key that worked great, but then only for 2 days (I stayed 5).
2) The parking garage gate (main one) stopped working so trying to get all the cars to backup to go out the back entrance was a bit of a nightmare and I was late for my appointment - this happened on a separate day!
3) When my keys to the garage stopped working the second time and I went to the front desk the front desk clerk was on a personal phone call and refused to get off the phone. I waited patiently for 5 - 6 minutes before I asked her to please put her call on hold to get another key programmed for the garage. I didn't find this professional and it didn't help that I was in a hurry and had already been delayed.
If you stay here be sure to let them know how many days you're staying so they program your room keys properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a feeling of welcome unlike any other at the Hilton San Francisco Airport hotel. Set along the charming and historic San Francisco Bay, our SFO hotel is within easy reach of San Francisco Airport, downtown San Francisco, and the greater Silicon Valley area's attractions and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront Hotel Burlingame