“Nice place to crash”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I stay in a lot of Hilton Hotels and this was very typical Hilton chain. The parking is expensive - $18.00 a day if you park yourself, which I'd recommend over the Valet option. The parking garage is well lit and easy to walk out the front of the hotel and get downstairs within a minute. They have an elevator if you don't want to take the stairs.

I ate in the restaurant once and the food was pretty good and the atmoshere for dinner was nice. They have a nice large bar area that is on the other side set away from the restaurant so the noise was greatly reduced. The service was great. I liked that even though I dined alone they didn't cram me at a small table.

The view from the hotel is great and there is a path furhter down from the hotel that is ideal for walking/running. It was busy most afternoons and seemed safe.

Their fitness center was great. Very nice equipped with nice equipment, two TV's. They have a lot of equipment jammed in there, but it was empty the few times I used it so I loved it. Lots of towels and a water cooler. They had sanitizer wipes as well, which I actually took to my room to wipe down the night stand between the two beds in my room.

The room was clean, but they missed a few minor things - such as glass rings on the night stands and the desk area. Internet worked great - it's 9.95 a day which is typical but it was wireless which was helpful. The rooms are fairly quiet from hotel guest noise. Because of it's close proximity to SFO you can hear some flight traffic but it's not too bad and I rarely noticed it. Bed was comfortable and the furnishings were nice, including a nice giant flat screen on the wall. Big room and even a comfy chair to sit in and read a book in. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and overall comfortable.

The hotel is right next to a fabulous restaurant called Kincaids. It had fabulous seafood and a too die for bar. GIANT BAR. Expensive, but if you're gonna have a nice dinner I recommend it. Great view!

I had a few issues that prevent me from giving this outstanding:

1) My room keys did not work to get my car out of the garage. I had to repark, go back to the front desk and was given a key that worked great, but then only for 2 days (I stayed 5).

2) The parking garage gate (main one) stopped working so trying to get all the cars to backup to go out the back entrance was a bit of a nightmare and I was late for my appointment - this happened on a separate day!

3) When my keys to the garage stopped working the second time and I went to the front desk the front desk clerk was on a personal phone call and refused to get off the phone. I waited patiently for 5 - 6 minutes before I asked her to please put her call on hold to get another key programmed for the garage. I didn't find this professional and it didn't help that I was in a hurry and had already been delayed.

If you stay here be sure to let them know how many days you're staying so they program your room keys properly.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Reviewed October 25, 2009

In the past, I've most often used the neighboring Doubletree's Park-Stay-Fly deal for extended trips out of SFO since they have a good deal for 2-week parking. This time I noticed that this hotel had an even better deal: $120 including 10 days parking! Can't beat that. As another poster mentioned, if you're NOT doing the Park-Stay-Fly deal, there's an outside lot next door which charges only $8 per day, and uses the same shuttle as the hotel (the hotel's covered lot is otherwise $10/day more expensive). The hotel was recently upgraded from a Sheraton, and I like what they've done to the place. Behind the check-in desk are a series of lights which constantly change color.
The public facilities are nice. There's free internet in the lobby if you don't need privacy, and a handsome bar and restaurant. There's also a nice indoor lap pool and gym, as well as a jogging path (public). The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and of average size. They're also very quiet--I had no airport noise or hallway/adjacent room noise.
As a HHonors Gold member, I was able to use the lounge for breakfast, and was pleased to see that they actually had hot food (eggs)! Usually they serve only Continental breakfast for the HHonors Gold/Platinum lounge. The breakfast isn't as nice as the Doubletree's buffet, but it's definitely all I need for breakfast.
The airport shuttle is a full-sized bus which stops only at the hotel and the adjacent outdoor lot (presumably also owned by the hotel), so it gets guests to the airport promptly and without risking being full like some hotel vans for cheaper hotels. I don't know if the rate I paid was just an introductory rate, or if that's really what they're going to keep charging. If their rates stay the same, this will definitely be my favorite SFO hotel. And it certainly deserves a higher ranking among the Burlingame hotels than it currently has (#5): I suspect it's probably the nicest in Burlingame, and one of the nicest of the many SFO hotels.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Hilton SFO (formerly a Sheraton Gateway) for four nights. We chose the location because we had a late arrival time, and early departure time, and an event one day at the airport. On the other two days, we took the hotel shuttle bus back to SFO and caught BART into the city. We were very happy with our choice, as the shuttle bus ran like clockwork every 20 minutes between 5am and 1am. The hotel itself was an oasis of comfort, and next to a lovely park on the bay. We had one minor glitch with housekeeping, and were rewarded with a 50% discount on our room rate for that day! I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Loved the stay at the Hilton...nice place. Be sure to park your car at the adjacent lot that is advertised as airport parking. You can pull right into the Hilton's lot and park in the exact same spot as if you were to enter the main Hilton lot. Only $7.50 a night instead of the hotel's fee of $18.00. Use your extra 10.50 for room service :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed here for one night, used to called the Sheraton Gateway, changed to the Hilton.

When we arrived, the upgraded us and we had all the facilities free to us. We had between 5-7, free snacks and use of the internet for as long as you like. Then at 7-9 its free cookies and coffee, great views, lovely staff, how amazing is this. Very peaceful and not far from the airport.

Amazing, loved it!! Thanks

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago for one night and loved it. Back then it was a Sheraton. This trip was for our honeymoon and knew we wanted to stay here. We booked it through Expedia and just a few weeks before our trip, it was bought out by Hilton. They reservations were still fine. The hotel staff did not talk much but got the job done. The hotel was clean, the rooms were great, and we had a great experience in the hotel. We got room service and a movie and both were satisfactory.

The only problem we had was with the parking gate. We stayed there for 5 days and we had to have the card key (same as room key) recoded 5 times. We had to back up traffic and go into the front desk. I am a technology person and tried every way I could to get the card to read. The desk staff said they were having problems with it, but I expressed that I was dissatisfied with that aspect. They did not take any of the costs off.

Overall, we would stay here again. We love SF and hope to return to this location soon.

Also, there is a great 24 hour diner just down the road. I think it is called Leanns.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed over the weekend with family to visit friends and found the hotel to be inviting, comfortable, and clean. Traveling with kids can be a hassle but the staff was very accomodating. The front desk was helpful and check in was quick. The restaurant was a little dated but the food was good. The room was updated and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!