“Chose it for the location”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Boston
“Chose it for the location”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton in Burlingame the night before an early flight. It satisfied the main objectives, which were to eat and sleep, but I wouldn't choose to stay there again. The staff was great but the hotel itself is really run down - peeling wallpaper, outdated fixtures and lots of loud door slamming at night. This was the executive floor, so don't think that will help out with the room condition!
I did get room service and enjoyed it - I had a half ceasar salad and the corn and zucchini fritters... the fritters were surprisingly large and delicious and I was sad when I got too full to finish them. The order was missing the drink I ordered (twice) on the phone, but I was still satisfied with my dinner.
The bed seemed comfy, but I slept horribly, though this probably had more to do with early wakeup anxiety than the condition of the bed. The hotel is convenient to the airport, but **there are no gas stations near it, so fill your rental car before you get to the exit**. I filled my car after I checked in and had to drive a couple of miles back to the highway to find a scuzzy gas station. The morning drive to SFO was uneventful the next day, and I got there within 10 minutes.
Overall, I was satisfied but would choose a different hotel if I needed to stay near SFO in the future.

Room Tip: A good room may be found at another hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with me. I am terribly sorry for the issues you encountered with your guestroom. My team and I are committed to ensuring our guests have a flawless experience during their time with us and when that does not happen we are sincerely disappointed. There is nothing worse than reading one of our guests is not intending to return due to our lack of performance.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. You may contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

I do hope you will give us another chance. I am confident you will leave us with a much better opinion of our hotel.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I still can't believe this place claims the Hilton brand. Tired, dated, small, grubby. We stayed for a quick overnight before an early morning flight -- thank goodness it wasn't any longer than that. The "executive floor" was a joke. (Don't think you'll be spared the dingy room because you upgrade!) The shuttle took about 20 minutes. We stopped at the Embassy Suites along the way to the airport -- looked much nicer. Stay there instead!

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else. A (newer) budget hotel would be a better bet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our hotel. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked the room under my surname, which is different from my husband's. When we arrived, I gave them the name it was booked under and handed over my credit card for incidentals. The man on reception, however, did not so much as make eye contact with me, and spoke only to my husband, which we found quite rude but put it down to one individual. Frankly it would have been a rude way to treat someone who's standing in front of your desk checking in, even if they're not the ones who made the reservation - it's polite to make eye contact with all members of a party.
The following morning, we received the same treatment, but from a woman this time. We only corrected her when she (incorrectly) addressed my husband by my last name. I'm disgusted at their behaviour.
The beds were clean and comfortable, and the view from the room was good, even though we stayed one night. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi are a little rough around the edges, but a welcome facility nonetheless. The running/walking track around the adjacent pond also made for a pleasant walk in the morning before our flight.
The free transfer is pretty quick when going from the airport to the hotel, but calls at a few other hotels on the way back to the airport. Be sure to factor this in to your return journey.

Room Tip: Bay View rooms had a pleasant view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your experience with me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us to continue improving our service levels.

I am terribly sorry your stay with us was not an exceptional experience. We clearly have some issues we need to address. The cold reception you experienced from our Front Desk team is unacceptable and will be immediately corrected. I am confident if you give us another opportunity your experience will be much improved.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your difficulties with you personally if you could find the time to contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Not up to the normal standards I expect from a Hilton. The decor in the rooms was very outdated and the room was small. We even "upgraded" to the executive floor. I would hate to see a regular room based on what we go with the upgrade. The room was tiny, the furniture seemed like it was from the 80s and the bathroom had not been updated since the nineties. You had to pay for the wifi and the tv in our room did not work (although they did respond quickly when we called about it). They gave us the wrong bill under the door in the morning. On the whole, if you have to stay near the airport, choose a different option. For a Hilton price you are getting a much lesser hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dallastexastraveller
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Exceptional service, a well maintained room and a warm and inviting environment are basic requirements a quality hotel must provide. I apologize if at anytime we do not provide these fundamental elements. Feedback such as this provides valuable insight into areas we need to improve upon and help us continue to improve our guests’ service experience.

London
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Dated rooms and especially bathroom. You pay $10 for parking and another $10 for internet. Room service adds 18% surcharge plus a $3 delivery charge. It all adds up very quickly for a hotel that offers very little in terms of quality, comfort or value to match their prices.
Annoying. Feel like i got mugged.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bannorman
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and are sorry to learn you were unhappy with our hotel.

I am sorry you found some of our fees annoying. We do offer a variety of packages which incorporate various features such as internet and parking which you may find a better value based on your particular needs. These packages can be found on our Hilton brand site.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We fly into SFO 2 - 4x per month. Often, we are heading to downtown San Francisco for meetings, or to one of the other Burlingame hotels, as the meetings are there. However, we often connect out of SFO to points elsewhere, and often stay at the Hilton Burlingame, to keep from having to catch 5:00AM flights to other places. We have been staying at the Hilton Burlingame for many years, though usually for just the night, to make our connections to London, Sydney, Hawai`i and even points on the US East Coast. This inn has great proximity to SFO, and offers a free shuttle service, that is very efficient. However, it is starting to show its age, and pretty badly. It needs a major overhaul.

Now, I am an HHonors Diamond VIP (the highest level in their loyalty program), and have "Non-Smoking, King bed" in my profile, plus always make sure to check the same. However, on this stay, we were given a room, that had a smoker, as the previous guest, and housekeeping just opened the window - not good enough - the room stank from the smoke. We were promptly moved, BUT the AC unit in the new room sounded like a leaf blower, when it turned on, which was about ever 20 mins. - really not fun to try to get some sleep.

The staff has always been great, and have quickly helped with any issues, but it appears that the infrastructure needs some major work to get this property back to where it once was.

1 Thank The_Loup_Garou
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. I am terribly sorry your stay was filled with so many disappointments. Unfortunately not all our guests respect our 100% smoke free policy and I am terribly sorry you were given a guestroom that had not been adequately refreshed. We strive to provide our guests with a flawless experience and when that is not the case the entire team is disappointed.

To ensure I adequately address all your concerns I ask that you please contact me directly so we can have the opportunity to discuss each of your issues. I can be reached at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line is 650-340-9179.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

York, PA
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Hilton Bay Front is a nice hotel the rooms were clean the staff were ok not overly friendly (my coworker received a package but the hotel never left her know and we had to go back for it before she left for the airport), I liked the decor of the hotel, and the fruit infused water was very good. I stayed here two nights on business and it was convienantly located to my place of work, downtown San Francisco and the airport. My only minor complaint was the shower it took me until the last day to get the switch that turns it from a shower to bath to work right, the first two nights it felt more like a drizzle than a shower but I am assuming since I was at an end of a hallway this room was not given out much. But I would stay here again if on business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinion of all our guests and greatly appreciate you sharing yours with us. It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your time with us however I am disappointed that your stay was not the flawless experience you deserve. Please be assured we will investigate your concerns immediately and make every effort to ensure the low water pressure issue you experience does not repeat itself.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!