“Pay for Everything Here!”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Although the hotel was in a great location, we literally had to pay for everything. $18/day to park, no in room internet, but available for a fee, no microwave or frig, but again available for a fee. Basic hotel amenities could be given, but always for a fee. Did not like that.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for finding the time to complete a review of your stays with us.

I am sorry you found some of our fees annoying. We do offer a variety of packages which incorporate various features such as internet and parking which you may find a better value based on your particular needs.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. You may contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

There are newer reviews for Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed three nights and really enjoyed our stay. Had dinner the first night in the restaurant which was very good. Pool is smal but the gym was good. The beds and room were very comfortable and check out was very efficient. Great location for trips into SF and also for heading south to Sunnyvale ans Stamford. Am very happy to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again rather than downtown. Good Value.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Pros: Convenient location, close proximity to the airport with prompt shuttle service. Clean room with very comfortable bed. Room service was prompt and the food was well prepared. Beautiful decor and friendly reception.

Cons: Room service over charged me for breakfast. I was given the excuse that the menu prices had recently changed. Followed by, the excuse that I had made a substitution and had to be charged for that.  I didn't want one of the items that went with the meal so maybe I should have been charged less? I promptly showed the menu I ordered from and advised the server that I only expected to be charged what was listed. The bill was promptly corrected along with an apology. An annoyance more than anything.

I stayed on the executive level with a view of another building, parking lot and bay. The private lounge was decent, not sure what the big perk is.  I prefer the shared/general population experience where there is more human interaction. However, if you prefer to stay to yourself I recommend it.

The pool and fitness area were both adequate/clean. I peaked in but did not have the opportunity to use either. There was a power outage during my stay. I think this is the norm for the area as I experienced the same earlier in my trip at a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great staff, great value. Great view of the airport/bay from upper levels. Free airport shuttle runs every 1/2 hour. Parking fee $18 is a little excessive b/c this property is not in high traffic area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to highlight so many of our hotels wonderful features. Our location and value make us an excellent choice when visiting the Bay Area for business and/or pleasure.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel has a great location lined up on the flight path for two of SFO's runways. We sat over breakfast and used our apps to identify where planes were coming from and watched them land. Also, not far from BART or CalTrain for a quick ride into the city, hassle-free. A really good value.

The breakfast was excellent and quite varied. The staff was outstanding. The hotel obviously gets a LOT of use with the carpets being a little dirty despite looking very recent. The restaurant and bar were all a little dated and stuffy, but very functional and clean. The parking situation was a little odd as the elevator from the lot to the hotel was broken, but fixed before we left. Not sure how often that happens.

The rooms are very functional, comfortable and with a very nice large flat-panel.

However, the front desk staff was pretty frazzled. Upon check in I had two different packages on the two rooms - one of which included breakfast for four. The staff could find no record of that (despite me having the papers for it) and only after some cajoling gave me vouchers for breakfast. I got the same prepared spiel at least twice in three minutes. Seemed very disorganized and confused. Maybe just a busy night.

Finally - the executive lounge is nice and had nice access to refreshments - but the cash bar is a disappointment. Seems kind of cheap, esp. when you're a Diamond member of HHonors.

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel appears to have views of the water and airport. Rooms on the east side, ho...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. I was happy to read you found so many of your experiences with us enjoyable. Many of our guests have commented on the amazing views of planes landing at SFO. Your kind words regarding our restaurant staff is also greatly appreciated and you can be assured will be shared with the team.

I do apologize for the issues you encountered. Your feedback has provided valuable information we will us to further improve our service. It is our goal for all our guests to have a flawless experience during their stay and we will continue to work diligently towards this goal.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed our family stay at the hotel. We found a good price compared to some downtown San Francisco. No charge for wifi and parking.
However, watch out for the bus boy (not the server in the breakfast room). He is a no smiling dude. If there is a mistake in the order, he will be blaming you. I wish they would teach him how to deal with customers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is situated around quite a few others just south of the airport. There are a few restaurants around the area which are nice. If you are looking to spend time in Silicon Valley as well as San Francisco, this is a nice central point to be able to easily get to both.

They also have a nice bar and restaurant on site with good food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me. Like you, many of our guests enjoy our convenient location and spectacular setting. If you are visiting downtown San Francisco or have business south our location provides an excellent central location for all there is to see and do in the Bay Area.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!