“Nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Centerville
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Pros: Convenient location, close proximity to the airport with prompt shuttle service. Clean room with very comfortable bed. Room service was prompt and the food was well prepared. Beautiful decor and friendly reception.

Cons: Room service over charged me for breakfast. I was given the excuse that the menu prices had recently changed. Followed by, the excuse that I had made a substitution and had to be charged for that.  I didn't want one of the items that went with the meal so maybe I should have been charged less? I promptly showed the menu I ordered from and advised the server that I only expected to be charged what was listed. The bill was promptly corrected along with an apology. An annoyance more than anything.

I stayed on the executive level with a view of another building, parking lot and bay. The private lounge was decent, not sure what the big perk is.  I prefer the shared/general population experience where there is more human interaction. However, if you prefer to stay to yourself I recommend it.

The pool and fitness area were both adequate/clean. I peaked in but did not have the opportunity to use either. There was a power outage during my stay. I think this is the norm for the area as I experienced the same earlier in my trip at a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
MKE, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great staff, great value. Great view of the airport/bay from upper levels. Free airport shuttle runs every 1/2 hour. Parking fee $18 is a little excessive b/c this property is not in high traffic area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to highlight so many of our hotels wonderful features. Our location and value make us an excellent choice when visiting the Bay Area for business and/or pleasure.

We hope to see you again soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Lafayette, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel has a great location lined up on the flight path for two of SFO's runways. We sat over breakfast and used our apps to identify where planes were coming from and watched them land. Also, not far from BART or CalTrain for a quick ride into the city, hassle-free. A really good value.

The breakfast was excellent and quite varied. The staff was outstanding. The hotel obviously gets a LOT of use with the carpets being a little dirty despite looking very recent. The restaurant and bar were all a little dated and stuffy, but very functional and clean. The parking situation was a little odd as the elevator from the lot to the hotel was broken, but fixed before we left. Not sure how often that happens.

The rooms are very functional, comfortable and with a very nice large flat-panel.

However, the front desk staff was pretty frazzled. Upon check in I had two different packages on the two rooms - one of which included breakfast for four. The staff could find no record of that (despite me having the papers for it) and only after some cajoling gave me vouchers for breakfast. I got the same prepared spiel at least twice in three minutes. Seemed very disorganized and confused. Maybe just a busy night.

Finally - the executive lounge is nice and had nice access to refreshments - but the cash bar is a disappointment. Seems kind of cheap, esp. when you're a Diamond member of HHonors.

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel appears to have views of the water and airport. Rooms on the east side, ho...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. I was happy to read you found so many of your experiences with us enjoyable. Many of our guests have commented on the amazing views of planes landing at SFO. Your kind words regarding our restaurant staff is also greatly appreciated and you can be assured will be shared with the team.

I do apologize for the issues you encountered. Your feedback has provided valuable information we will us to further improve our service. It is our goal for all our guests to have a flawless experience during their stay and we will continue to work diligently towards this goal.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed our family stay at the hotel. We found a good price compared to some downtown San Francisco. No charge for wifi and parking.
However, watch out for the bus boy (not the server in the breakfast room). He is a no smiling dude. If there is a mistake in the order, he will be blaming you. I wish they would teach him how to deal with customers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is situated around quite a few others just south of the airport. There are a few restaurants around the area which are nice. If you are looking to spend time in Silicon Valley as well as San Francisco, this is a nice central point to be able to easily get to both.

They also have a nice bar and restaurant on site with good food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me. Like you, many of our guests enjoy our convenient location and spectacular setting. If you are visiting downtown San Francisco or have business south our location provides an excellent central location for all there is to see and do in the Bay Area.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton for two nights for a work related training last weekend. It is located on the Bayfront with a nice walkway around it and in site of SFO where you can easily see the planes fly by to land, but no noise, even when outside. Staff was very friendly and helpful with the exception of the woman staff who checked me in and checked me out, whose enthusiasm level seemed to be one notch below others, though still professional. Room was fairly large and in a quiet location and the fitness club was clean, well maintained and contained new machines with a nice view of the Bay. The maid was very friendly, and efficient. Minor problems: There was a dog barking, two rooms down, while I worked through the evening and by bed time, had to call down to the front desk. They could hear the dog over the phone and it was taken care of quickly (yes, this hotel apparent does allow pets), WIFI did not initially worked, called Hilton and they said the problem was with the hotel. Called the front desk and they sent someone up who arrived quickly, and sort of mumbled and set up for WIFI. I needed to stop him before he left to clarify what I would need to do each day to get on WIFI. Yes, this Hilton does NOT have FREE WIFI, except for upper tier Honor members (of which I am one), even though they are in the Cyber capitol of the country where even your local McDonalds has free WIFI. Given these minor inconveniences I'd be happy to way there again, should I need to be in the area.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was given one with obstructed view of the Bay. I don't know if the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank D L
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were only in for one night, but we enjoyed our room overlooking the bay. Love Hilton bedding. We had drinks and appetizers with friends in the executive lounge and had terrrific service. We also enjoyed the lounge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!