“Great Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Salem, Oregon
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great hotel! Excellent rooms, very clean and well kept. Extremely friendly staff, very helpful and kind. All the amenities that you need during your business trip. Parking rates are not bad for the San Francisco area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Platteville, Colorado
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hotel is in a very quiet area ,no traffic,great views.The room was very cleanand comfy. parking a car here is 12$ a day which is total bulls$%t.and after 7 at night you cant find a parking spot.We a drinks in the bar .Do not have a margarita there .they are awful.access to hyw 101 is great. we would deffinatly stay again.we found a great price on priceline.com .You cannot beat $103 a night for this nice of a room. did not eat in the resturant........................................

Room Tip: pick a room facing south or east.for the airport flight path or west and north for the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotia, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed with my husband and mother at this Hilton, for one night, so that we could make our early flight. The halls were a bland color and the hall lighting was not too good, and the room was not "deluxe" in any way. We had two double beds. The beds were ok, full sized, not queen. The room was dated and dark. The bathroom was furnished with two bath towels, and when I called "guest services" to request at least one more, there was no answer. I left a message and we never received the extra towels. The hotel charges for bottled water ($3.00), wireless computer access in the rooms (I didn't bother), and for parking. They claim to be an "airport" hotel, but the hotel was at least 5 miles from the airport. We were going to return our rental car a night early, and take the hotel shuttle, but due to the distance we just waited to return the car the next morning. When I saw how crowded the shuttle was, and talked to other people staying at the hotel, I was glad we paid for the extra parking.
The restaurant/bar food and drinks were mediocre, at best. The service was OK, but the bartender was way too busy. The fruit in the sangria was a bit bitter. My mom had a tiny bowl of soup, which was tasty but overpriced. The quesadilla was dry and the quacamole and other sauces were tasteless. We were hungry and tired, so we made do.
I would not recommend this hotel, even for one night, as there are so many hotels near the airport, that do not charge as much and provide more services (free wireless and parking for guests). I expected so much more from a Hilton!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cjjmd
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review and share your experience. Our goal is to provide each guest with a perfect, flawless stay and when that does not occur we have failed to deliver the experience our guests deserve. I apologize for the issues and disappointments you encounter during your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable and will ultimately help us to continue improving the service we provide our guests.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you with our hotel and service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My only real beefs with this property were distance from the airport and SSF biotech companies. This is the "Airport Hilton", but you sure have to drive pretty darned far away from the airport. It's about as far away as you can get and still call yourself and airport hotel. The Marriott and Westin have much better locations, even the Embassy up the road at Anza. Also, the a/c units are quite load, being wall units. I prefer the Hilton brand, so I stay here and put up with the drive far from my co-workers that are Marriott junkies. As a property, it's quite nice. I've never eaten their food though, so I can't comment on that.

One thing that I LOVE about this hotel is their pet friendliness. They have doggie treats for all sizes of dogs at the concierge desk, and also free "poo bags" for lack of a better term. I don't travel with my pup, but if I did, this amenity would indeed put them over the top for any hotel choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. Your continued loyalty to the Hilton family is greatly appreciated. While we are a little further out from the airport than some other hotels many of our guests appreciate this feature as it provides our guests a quieter environment and larger surrounding green space. We even have a nice dog park just a short walk away for our guests traveling with their four legged friends. (Yes, we are very dog friendly)

Our goal is to be much more than just OK and you can be assured we will continue to work very hard at achieving this goal. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you have an opportunity to come back and see us again soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel room I was in really lacked any ambiance. The bath tub looked quite old, and I've seen better at other 3* places in the area. Also other parts of the room looked oldish (e.g. the chair).

To my surprise the parking was not free (12-18 USH/night charge). I didn't even check that when I booked the room, I just assumed that it was.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your experience with me. Your feedback will help us identify areas where we can improve so future guest receive the exceptional service they deserve.

I am so sorry your stay with us was not an exceptional experience. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you personally if you can find time to contact me directly at 650-340-9179.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here on a mini vacation while visiting friends and found the hotel to be average. The property itself is a bit away from the city and is not convienant to walk anywhere. However, the hotel operates a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport every half hour. From the airport you can take the Bart into the city. However, if you want to make a quick run to a convience store, fast food or other restaurant, forget it as there is nothing nearby.

The room was medium sized as was the bathroom. The view from my room was away from the bay and facing a parking lot and drainage ditch (not very pretty or exciting).

The bed was comfortable as were the pillows.

The bar was extremely overpriced and the service was mediocre. I had to run down the bartender to order more drinks and to ask for the check.

The staff was neither friendly or rude but rather seemed disinterested. There were however, no mistakes upon check in or check out, so that was nice.

All in all, I would only stay here again if I had no one to visit, no where to go and just needed a roof over my head. It wasn't horrible by any means, just not memorable in any way and inconvienantly located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinion of all our guests and greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours with us.

As you mentioned many of our guest find our location to be perfect for enjoying the Bay Area. We are centrally located and only short ride away from downtown SF and Wine Country activities to our north as well as only minutes away from all the wonderful attractions to our south.

I am sorry to read you only think of us as average and would welcome the opportunity to speak with further about how we may leave you with an exceptional experience during your future stays. Please feel free to contact me directly at 650-340-9179.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here in Mar 2013. We often spend a night in San Francisco prior to a next-day international flight, and wanted to finally figure out our favorite airport hotel, we stayed in 3 hotels back to back to back. So this review is primarily about one hotel but puts it in context of 3 Hilton properties, plus the 30 or so additional nights I have spent in Hilton, Starwood, and Marriott properties in the last few months.
The Hilton San Francisco Bayfront has an interesting location, as it is close to the Bayfront but it’s not like you can just walk out the front door and walk the Bayfront. There are nice flower arrangements in and out, lots of covered parking at the reasonably good deal of $12 for the night, and sporatic but overall decent lobby service. Pros: decent internet speed, good exec lounge w eggs & bacon. Cons: bring your earplugs and Ambien, it is impossible to get a good night’s sleep here. Our first room was on the 11th floor and had an amazing harbor view, but you could hear the shuttle in reverse beeping all night – every 20 min that is. We stayed here 9 days later and were on the 14th floor, opposite side, which means you hear the freeway traffic all night. Airport shuttle ran on time but was slow as it had 2 stops to make prior to the airport (and of course there are more stops there). Recommendation: for San Francisco airport one-nighters, I recommend the Doubletree, then the Embassy Suites Burlingame, with the Hilton Bayside being the least recommended option.

Room Tip: Bayviews can be great but you hear the shuttle bus all night....still, it's better than the high...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John T
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry we did not leave you with a better impression of our hotel. It is our goal that all our guests leave us feeling we are one of the best hotel experiences they have ever had. Noise issues are rare for us I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during both your stays.

While you have mentioned two exceptional Hilton family hotels as alternatives I do hope you will come back again and give us another opportunity to demonstrate we anything but ordinary.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!