“Couldn't Ask for Anything Better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
New York
“Couldn't Ask for Anything Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my family's second stay at the Hilton Bayfront, and once again, the entire experience was wonderful. Even though we've only stayed here overnight in advance of an early morning flight back to the East Coast, we have found the staff to be extremely focused on meeting, and exceeding, our expectations. On this stay (Super Bowl Sunday,) we were celebrating a major wedding anniversary for my parents as well as a major birthday for my father. As a Diamond Hilton Honors member, we were upgraded to the Executive Floor, where we had 3 rooms, and spent some time in the Lounge, which had a very nice range of refreshments throughout the day and evening, as well as in the morning when we stopped in for breakfast. And the suite my parents had was enormous - with great views overlooking the bay, and the flight path of arriving flights into the San Francisco airport. They couldn't have been happier with their accommodations, and I'm sure they're now spoiled by the comfort and service that Hilton provided. The king size beds in all 3 rooms were among the most comfortable we've ever slept on in any hotel.

Bravo to the entire service team who made this such a memorable experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd time at this Hilton property and for the area it's pretty good. The people are very friendly and rooms are pretty average but need some updating. If you are looking for a clean, reliable full service hotel near the airport...stay here. Another plus is the adjacent running path along the bay..worth it for a great run (or walk) with awesome scenery. Bring a sweatshirt though....that bay breeze can be chilly even for the avid runner

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your time with us and the many terrific amenities our hotel has to offer. My staff and I are committed to ensuring all our guests leave us extremely satisfied with their stay. Knowing you considered your stay to be merely pretty average is not the level of service we are willing to accept. Your comments have given us valuable insight into areas in need of refinement and we will work very hard to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Your continued loyalty to our hotel and the Hilton family is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Bright, clean well-appointed room. Great housekeeping and overall service was outstanding. Have stayed here before and have always enjoyed, except for parking lot problems. Gate to lot always broken! Restaurant good. Staff professional and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff. The team never grows tired of receiving feedback from our guests. All feedback is valuable, helping us in our ongoing quest to improve.

I apologize for the difficulties you encountered with our parking system. I am excited to tell you about our recent modifications. Only a few days ago we replaced our garage exit key card readers. While it has only been a few days the feedback has been very positive and the number of issues significantly reduced. I am confident you will have a much improved experience during your next stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Madison, Wisconsin, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the converted old Sheraton Hotel at the airport. The service was good, the prices were reasonable at the dining room. The shuttle service to the hotel was also very good and prompt. The view out my window was over the bay and that was good. The space at the counter was good so I didn't have to remove my laptop when the room service food arrived.

Room Tip: Found the high floor rooms well refurbished.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Comfy bed, decently sized room. Lots of plugs for recharging. Parking is 18 - 25 bucks. Breakfast not included. Just FYI. And, while the room was definitely clean enough, there were toothpaste spots on and around the mirror, which I don't expect from any hotel room, much less one at this price point. Still, don't get me all wrong, I'll likely stay here again if I have an early or late flight from SFO. And the staff was professional and friendly.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The shuttle bus took forever but at least it is free so no complaints there. The lobby is modern and comfortable and the staff is friendly. My rooms was large and looked liked it had been renovated in the late 90's. Not bad at all but is almost due for updating because of the light wood 90's look but the HUGE flat screen TV made up for everything, it is mounted on the wall and can be pulled out and turned to every angle. I think it was at least a 47" and was the largest TV I have ever had in a hotel room. The room was clean and I enjoyed my stay.

Lawrenceville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my first stay at this Hilton. I have to say the staff was outstanding. Everyone was sure to greet you with a smile. The fitness room was nice, but only one elliptical was working. The Executive lounge was very nice with a beautiful view of the bay. It was a bit disappointing that there were no complimentary alcoholic drinks. Not even a discount on the drinks. The prices were the same as the restaurant downstairs. The restaurant was very good with nice views of the bay. The room was very nice. It was roomy and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Would I stay here again? Maybe. I have stayed at both of the airport Embassy Suites and I liked them better. If the drinks in the Executive Lounge were complimentary or at least discounted and the Fitness room had one more elliptical, I would stay there again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
4.5 of 5 stars 869 reviews

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!