“Nice airport hotel”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The shuttle bus took forever but at least it is free so no complaints there. The lobby is modern and comfortable and the staff is friendly. My rooms was large and looked liked it had been renovated in the late 90's. Not bad at all but is almost due for updating because of the light wood 90's look but the HUGE flat screen TV made up for everything, it is mounted on the wall and can be pulled out and turned to every angle. I think it was at least a 47" and was the largest TV I have ever had in a hotel room. The room was clean and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,738)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my first stay at this Hilton. I have to say the staff was outstanding. Everyone was sure to greet you with a smile. The fitness room was nice, but only one elliptical was working. The Executive lounge was very nice with a beautiful view of the bay. It was a bit disappointing that there were no complimentary alcoholic drinks. Not even a discount on the drinks. The prices were the same as the restaurant downstairs. The restaurant was very good with nice views of the bay. The room was very nice. It was roomy and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Would I stay here again? Maybe. I have stayed at both of the airport Embassy Suites and I liked them better. If the drinks in the Executive Lounge were complimentary or at least discounted and the Fitness room had one more elliptical, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel.Positives were free shuttle bus from airport/ good breakfast buffet/ good link to the courtesy bus to and from Burlingame/staff seemed attentive and helpful.
Negatives were long waiting time at reception/ very disappointed with the bathroom-small/stained shower curtain/water not draining properly in bathtub.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. I am terribly sorry we did not provide you with a better experience. You absolutely deserved better and be assured we will address the items you highlighted immediately.

I thank you for staying with us a second time. I do hope the issues you encountered will not keep you from returning in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

1 night while making transfer at SFO, upgraded to King Suite which was massive and more than I needed for this stay. It was on top floor overlooking bay, near club lounge which served up a very nice breakfast with excellent service from staff.

I didn't use much of the hotel as I was in and out but looked it over and gym and property looked great. Would no doubt consider staying again for more than a night.

Transportation to and from airport is a nice bonus, large meeting spaces if needed for meetings and functions, staff well attentive and overall very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I chose this hotel after reading some reviews, although i was a little hesitant by some of the reviews. Well here goes, arriving around midnight, we were greeted and checked in quickly. The rooms were great, yes maybe a little outdated but let's get real, as long as it is clean and nice we are good. Rooms were quiet. You can't expect a hotel to always have the biggest and best. So i totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. It is wonderful to read that we were able to impress you with our facilities and service. We look forward to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wife and I and 4 kids stayed here and were real impressed. Not much to complain about. If I had to find something it would be the size of the beds. We definitely slept close together. Overall it was an enjoyable stay and very clean!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A recent 3-night stay was a throwback to my childhood (did a lot of traveling - and experienced a lot of hotels, motels; 5-star and dives). Hilton was - and still is - a "good" hotel; I would stop short of saying "nice", as all the things I noticed during this visit, were reminiscent of overnights at Hiltons' 30-years ago. Clean room, but 'cheap' carpet, and cheap towels, bathroom fixtures falling off walls, plastic cups that couldn't even hold a toothbrush without tipping over - and worst of all - a stuffy room. The fan/AC was SUPER loud, and of course if I opened the window 3" the HVAC sounds from outside were unbearable. Front desk/reception staff - moderately friendly, and a notch down in helpfulness, when asked to change rooms. Also - parking was a complete rip-off ($30 to valet, and 'only' $20 to park myself - IN THE SAME LOT, but because there was no one ever at the gate, I was charged the full-rate of $30). Will NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter B

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay. I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your time with us. My team and I are committed to ensuring each guests experience is so enjoyable they look forward to returning should the opportunity allow. When that is not the case we are committed to doing what we can to improve.

If you could find the time to contact me directly it would be greatly appreciated. You have many concerns and I would the opportunity to discuss them all with you. You can reach me at my direct number (650)340-9179 or by email at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com

I look forward to speaking with you soon.