“Perfect airport hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Issaquah, Washington
“Perfect airport hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Last minute booking due to flight cancellation. All the staff were friendly and helpful including the front desk, lounge, and executive lounge. The room was spacious and clean...actually perfect. Shuttle to airport running at regular intervals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tkush
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Good day and thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted you had such a pleasant experience and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here to be close to the airport for my am flight back to NYC and wasn't expecting a whole lot. The room is impeccable, clean and modern, the staff are excellent and not overbearing, and the shuttle runs every 20 minutes to the airport so it's extremely convenient. Not a bad thing to say and I'm picky about hotels! Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: As for the top floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mountainview29
We are delighted you had such a pleasant stay and appreciate you sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We have shared your comments with our staff and hope we have an opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was here for a 3 day conference and arrived very late. Only had to wait a few minutes for the shuttle and the driver was very professional. Front desk was quiet because of the late hour and I got right into my room which was clean with the expected Hilton amenities. The meeting room was chilly the first morning but someone came in to adjust the temp and then it was fine. The food each day of the conference was excellent--we had lunch and breaks which were very nicely done! The presentation and quality were first class. Kudos to the chef and the banquet staff!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hotelpro18411
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while attending the conference. We value your feedback and are delighted that you had enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will give us a future opportunity to welcome you. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After a flight from London Heathrow we stayed for one night at the Hilton San Francisco Airport Hotel. It is easy to get to from the airport by the hotel shuttle bus which can be picked up just outside the airport and runs quite regularly, or not to far if you are picking up a car. We decided to pick our car up the next morning and got the hotel shuttle back to the airport. As for the hotel itself we had booked a King bed on the Executive Floor which gave us access to the Executive Lounge on the 15th floor where they serve hors d'oevres early evening until 7pm and there is also a bar there as well.Great views out over the bay. We had booked a breakfast inclusive deal but on reflection I do not think this was necessary as we could have got enough from the continental selection offered in the Execuitve Lounge in the morning. As for the room itself it was quite spacious with a comfortable bed and as we were on the 13th floor we also had a nice view out over the bay. All in all just what we needed after our flight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia186487
California
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I only stayed here for the night, right before an early morning flight. Easy enough to spot from the freeway. The hotel itself is not located near anything in the event you think you're going to grab a bite to eat outside of the hotel. They do have a restaurant, but I don't recall how late they remain open and I never bothered to check on room service options. Regardless, they have a free shuttle to SFO, but bear in mind that it makes one additional stop at a partner hotel prior to going to the airport. The room is comfortable enough, though it never got cool enough for me. Very quiet, clean, and enjoyed the Peter Thomas Roth bath products. Their rates are pretty good if you book in advance, otherwise, for an overnight stay I think its a bit pricey for 10 hours to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelinfull
Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I spent two nights here during a business trip and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the place. The staff here were some of the nicest hotel employees I have ever encountered. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant and all that I passed in between said hello and went out of their way to help guests. It reminded me of the friendly crew you encounter on a cruise ship! The room itself was extremely spacious, had a large flat screen TV, lots of outlets for gadgets, a lovely view of the bay, plenty of pillows and nice amenities. I ate dinner in the restaurant one night and had room service breakfast once. The service was excellent, fast, the food very good with generous servings and the prices were completely reasonable. I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in San Francisco on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Waiting2Board
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Like you many of our guests have expressed that we are not your typical airport hotel. Our beautiful location on the Bay, the lovely town of Burlingame a short complimentary shuttle ride away, and downtown San Francisco only a short BART ride away from SFO makes us an excellent option.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and hotel features. My team is very dedicated to ensuring our guests have an enjoyable experience and reading comments such as yours lets us know we are working in the right direction.

I hope you have an opportunity to come back and visit us again soon.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is clean and well kept with caring and helpful Front Desk and Housekeeping staff.
I liked my room arrangement and the great view facing the Bay watching the planes make their final approach. Fantastic Sunrises.I appreciated the Comp.Internet too (why I had to ask for it upon arrival? Why don't you just offer it? Like most top hotels do in the world?

The Club B'fasts are basic but good. There are no international Papers in the club lounge and most incredible is that they charge for wine and beer!....Hey Hilton, you're being "El-cheapo".Why don't you go and see what your International cousins are doing? I was not used to this low-grade "Lite" Club concept of yours, but not surprise when I saw "the theme" continue to airline Business class lounges at the International Terminal too (like all US airport so called VIP lounges)

When I booked, I was conned by the Hilton reservation website in to opting for the club room at an extra cost, I accepted thinking it's like the Hilton overseas, this was not worth it. Better stay in a good regular room and pay for your extras.

Indoor pool, dirty rings around the water's edge, it seems no one from Hilton ever actually swam there on their working trips. I suggest they do, this is not the 1st Hilton in the world I've noticed with this problem. I liked the Salt water but please use less salt as it burns the eyes! Too saline unlike most pools using salt it's a swimming pool not a brine pond.

There's no mention of the Hotel Name, Tel.Number any where on the welcome/key booklet cover nor other material at guests disposal. If you go out, make sure you get their number in case you need to call them. Hilton: Not every one carries a smart phone or GPS around, think how your none-local international guests can get hold of you if they get lost? You are positioned yourselves near a major International airport, think more Global ! Finally: I did enjoy my stay, but your prices do not justify for what you give in return.

Room Tip: Nice place to rest in between planes. Better than most around.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank GRN-GVA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!