“Stay here before your flight”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Stay here before your flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had just one night here before our return to the UK and overall it was an excellent experience.
On arrival, the check-in staff were very friendly and curteous and made you feel special. We had booked an executive room which was on the top floor with views overlooking the bay (when the fog lifted!).
The executive lounge was really nice, open all day with nice touches such as hors d'ouvres late afternoon and a bar open until 10pm. Had breakfast there the next morning and it was fine.
The restuarant and bar were lovely and the food was perfect and good value for what is often an overpriced part of a Hilton hotel stay.
While the hotel is geared towards airport travellers, it isn't far from the city itself. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Francisco.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kevmul16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Smiths Falls Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Pull in, walk up, check in...WOW!
Underground parking structure has tight spaces. We have a full sized F150 4X4. Not fully enclosed.(didn't feel safe).
Went to our room. Bright clean and well appointed. We booked thru Hotwire for $96/night.
Pool is great. Spacious rooms. Great restaurant.
<30 min drive to attractions.(downtown)

Room Tip: Higher up to see theplanes.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was very happy when this hotel converted to a HIlton a few years ago as there was nothing above a Hilton Garden Inn near SFO. While this hotel may not have been purpose-built as a Hilton, they have done a nice job with the property. Check-in is quick and easy, and the room was very quiet. I especially appreciate the extra power outlets near the flat-screen TV. Be aware that they do charge extra for parking.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room away from the flight path.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CuriousTravelerRadio
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a business trip. This was my second stay at this Hilton and both times they have recognized my HHonors Gold member status and really make me feel valued as a loyal customer. The executive lounge is a great perk and the bay views are quite enjoyable as well. The staff were very impressive and friendly. I will definitely consider this hotel again for my next trip to San Francisco. The only negative for me was that the pool/hot tub could be updated but it sounds like that may be coming soon.

• Stayed September 2012
Utrecht, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is not succeeding living up to the Hilton expectations. Hotel rooms (although large) are one the (if not the) most noisy 4-star rooms I ever stayed in. Water flowing in adjacent rooms will keep you awake, to name one issue. Hotel staff tried to make the best of it and were friendly and helpful, but not as outstanding as in other hotels in the region.

Furthermore this hotel is ready for some serious refurbishment with, besides the rooms, an old bar and even more out-of-date fitness/swimming pool area. Parking cost for a non-city location(although I understand that the vicinity to the airport makes a difference) of USD 18/night are in opinion much too high.

Concluding the price/quality for this hotel is out of balance and I'll choose one of the other Hilton brand hotels close by the next time I visit.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kunson
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. Your feedback is extremely important and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our guest experience. A peaceful guestroom environment is extremely important when staying at a hotel and I am terribly sorry your stay with us did not provide you with such an experience.

I do anticipate our bar and pool area to be renovated within the next 12 months, complimenting our recently renovated guestrooms, fitness center and meeting space.

I do thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton family and hopefully you will reconsider giving us another opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to the Bay Area.

It would be a pleasure to discuss your stay with your directly if you could find the time to contact me. You may email at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or call me directly at 650-340-9179.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton SFO Bayfront and was very impressed - the staff if very helpful and the lobby is beautiful. I had a newly renovated room that was very comfortable. Both the meals I had in the restaurant the through room service were delicious. The hotel also held an event for the group I was traveling with and it went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bielefeld, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently (Jun 2012) stayed at the Hilton Airport in SF. I was absolutely disappointed. The Hotel is okay, but the "good times" have been gone for many years.
The room really asks desperately for a renovation!

The breakfast is really good, though :)

Overall the Hilton Airport SF is okay, but it is NOT within the range of 4* Hotels!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and were sorry to learn you were unhappy with our recent renovations. Within the past few years our guestrooms were fully renovated at a cost of $17 million, our meeting space at a cost of $1 million and our fitness center at a cost of $750,000. Guest feedback is extremely important to us I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about the guestroom features you were disappointed with.

Thank you for kind words regarding our breakfast. I will be sure to share them with our Food & Beverage team.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!