“I thought average family thought great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Denver, Colorado
“I thought average family thought great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am torn with saying it is average or very good. I booked a series of rooms, when I arrived on the 4th, the place seemed empty, room nice but hotel seemed tired. The staff was wonderful and the bed comfy. It was a fine place to rest from jet lag and take the shuttle to charming town of Burlingame or drive if you have a car drive to San Mateo and test out the food and shops there. I enjoyed the walking path along the bay with it's views. Next door the Embassy suites has a more pleasant and bustling lobby with a charming atrium, however when the rest of my family arrived they really liked the rooms and also enjoyed the bar area for gathering.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you taking the time to share your stay experience with us. I am glad to hear your family enjoyed themselves but I would have preferred to hear you shared their opinion. It is our goal for all our guests to leave feeling great about their stay. It is wonderful to hear you were able to visit Burlingame and the surrounding area. There are numerous nearby activities for our guests to enjoy and it is clear your family found many of them.

I did also want to mention the hotel has completed a serious of renovation over the past few years including a $17 million dollar renovation of our guestrooms in 2008. Our restaurant is also scheduled to be completed within the next 12 months.

We hope you come back and see use again soon. We would like another opportunity to transform your average stay into a GREAT one.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Overall a nice, clean place to stay. Be careful if you don't have transportation. We could only get to and from the airport with the shuttle service. Few restaurants close by and the hotel is way super expensive. Of course the jacuzzi was also out of service. After a long day of BART to downtown and walking miles in and out of all the shops and trolley stops, it would have been nice to soak for a few hours. Pool is inside and small and on the cold side but not unbearable. Rooms are clean and fairly large with decent views. Hotel staff is friendly and offered us anything but a ride out to eat. BART is very expensive from the airport. A definite gouge tactic but though expensive it gets you around.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I can’t say enough good things about this hotel. The standout aspect was just how incredibly friendly and helpful the staff was… I just kept commenting to my boyfriend, “Everyone here is so *nice*!” I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if your travels bring you to the SFO airport area.

We stayed at this hotel for one night – June 26-27 – before starting our vacation in San Francisco/Napa. We flew in from the east coast and arrived at 8 PM. It didn’t make sense to head 40 minutes downtown to the pricier hotels just to sleep. So we stayed in Burlingame for a fraction of the cost and we are SO happy we did. There were so many positives:

+ STAFF – as mentioned, incredible friendly and welcoming. Check in & out was a breeze.

+ RESTAURANT – we had planned to walk over to Kincaid’s, but since we were so tired, we decided to just eat in the on-site restaurant – Windows on the Bay. We couldn’t have been more pleased! The wait staff was terrific and the food was super tasty (we actually just had simple sandwiches with French fries, but it was very good).

+ EXERCISE – in the morning we checked out the gym, which looked lovely, but since it was a bit crowded we decided to jog on the San Francisco Bay Trail which is just outside the hotel. AMAZING. The trail is beautiful and winds along the bay. Such a nice treat.

+ROOM – totally renovated, modern, very spacious, and wonderfully relaxing. The TV had a lot of good channels (not super-limited like some hotels), the internet was free, the bed was extra comfortable, and we were incredibly pleased. The one small drawback was the tub/shower: the tub seemed a bit dated, the drain was slow, and the water pressure was on the weak side. This is usually a big pet peeve for me, but since the rest of the hotel was so good, it didn’t bother me nearly as much as it does at other hotels.

+ LOCATION – as noted, this is right near the airport (but don’t worry – no disruptive noise whatsoever once at the hotel). The hotel offers a free shuttle to & from SFO. It was prompt and the drivers were so friendly (like everyone else). We took the shuttle the night we arrived….and we actually took it BACK to the airport the next day when it was time to head to our downtown destination due to the fact that you can pick up the Super Shuttle at SFO (a cheap $17 ride to our Union Square hotel). An added plus to the location is Leann’s Diner, which is a quick half-mile walk up the road. We had a terrific breakfast there.

I stay in a lot of Hiltons as I have found them consistently good….this property truly SHINED and I would highly recommend to others!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Howell
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stopped in for one night prior to flying out of SFO for a stay. Check in had some bumps, but I blame Orbitz for that. The staff all seemed nice.

In our traveling group of 4 people, 3 of us had issues with our room. I had a shower that wouldn't drain, another had the same problem and the third person had a room where the TV didn't work. Otherwise the rooms were fine. But, I expect more from a Hilton.

Also know there is nothing within walking distance to the airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry you and the other members of your group had difficulties with your rooms. You deserve a flawless experience when staying at a Hilton and anything less is unacceptable.

Many of our guests looking for alternative activities in the area will take advantage of the complimentary shuttle into the lovely town of Burlingame. A quick ride and you are surrounded by an abundance of shops and restaurant. There is also the beautiful walking trail just outside our doors which takes you a picturesque journey along the bay.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the exceptional stay experience you deserve from Hilton. If you can find the time it would be a pleasure to speak with you personally regarding your stay. You can reach me at my email address (john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com) or my direct number 650-340-9179.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience there this month. The staff was friendly and attentive; the room was spacious and comfortable with wonderful view of the Bay. The food in the Executive Lounge on the top 15th floor (access for Hilton Honors Club members only) was superb daily. The walking path along the Bay behind the hotel is a wonderful bonus. The hotel shuttle bus is luxurious and runs on time. The drivers are also very attentive and courteous. The lobby is spacious and guests are greeted by the staff during their comings and goings.
We definitely plan to return next year.

Room Tip: No noise issues with closeness (3 miles) to airport.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night following a late arrival from the east coast. Hotel shuttle from the airport was prompt, hotel staff was extremely friendly, the restaurant and bar is open late on weeknights and the food (while you are paying hotel prices) was quite good - and that wasn't just my I-haven't-eaten-a-real-meal-all-day belly talking. The rooms are remodeled and very spacious and comfortable. Location right on the bay is a plus, running/walking trail right out the door. All around a really good stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

This Hilton is a good airport property. I rank it right up there with the nearby Hyatt and Marriott. Some rooms offer views of the bay. The hotel shuttle runs every twenty minutes to/from the airport. Getting into the city is easy and affordable since you can catch BART at the International terminal and are in San Francisco within thirty minutes. As a gold/diamond member, the executive lounge is a nice place to unwind and grab a snack or breakfast in the morning. The staff I encountered were friendly and informative. This property is usually a bit cheaper than the nearby competitors like the Hyatt and Marriott. I didn't have a car this stay so I can't comment on the parking situation. For those who like to exercise, the fitness center was recently remodeled and has new equipment for guests to use. There is a small indoor pool which empty during my stay.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!