“Very Good Business Center”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recommend the small charge to upgrade to the business suite rooms. You'll have access to a very good business center (on the 15th floor) and continental breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I won this hotel as a 2 night stay on priceline. I was hoping for the Hyatt, but as a Hilton Gold, I thought I would be looked after. No such chance.

My hotel room was looking tired and in the bathroom the shower head was coming apart on the wall. The shower control was also broken. The air conditioning unit was wall mounted and so noisy, it was impossible to sleep with it powered on. The bed was quite comfortable and there is a large flat screen tv.

I arrived by car and was charged $18 a night to park. There is a $10 charge for internet and small bottles of water in the room are $3. I went to the lobby for a coffee and was directed to a self service flask and could not believe they charged me $2 for what are complementary in most hotels I have stayed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. While you had hoped for another property I am grateful you had an opportunity to stay with us and do hope you will visit us again soon.

I am sorry you found some of our fees annoying. We do offer a variety of packages which incorporate various features such as internet and parking which you may find a better value based on your particular needs. These packages are not available through Priceline but can be found on our Hilton brand site.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. You may contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com or my direct line 650-340-9179.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Clean, pleasant stay....nice rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast buffet.....BUT, no real hotel bar and HORRIBLE wifi. I couldn't even write an email. The lobby connection was slightly better, but probably only as fast as dialing up for AOL 2.5

I'd stay here again, but only with 4G on my iPad.

Stayed: April 2012
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. While I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel overall I am sorry to hear you do not have the same opinion of our lounge and internet. Our lounge, situated just off our lobby is a large, full service venue offering a wide range of food to compliment the beverage of your choice. We do not consider ourselves a sports bar in the traditional sense but our guests will find a selection of TV’s where they can enjoy the days sporting events.

I am extremely surprised and disappointed about your internet experience. We just recently completed, at a significant cost, an upgrade of our internet service. The feedback we have been receiving from our guests has been very positive making your experience extremely concerning to me. So I may better understand the issues you encountered I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your difficulties with you further. You may contact me directly at 650-340-9179 or at my email john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at the Bayfront for one night between long flights. The hotel was clean and comfortable. They were very accommodating to us. We arrived at 9 am and they were able to check us into a room in just a few minutes. The room was clean and comfortable for our family of 4. The view was nice looking out over the bay. We also enjoyed watching the planes land at the airport....without any noise from them.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel was our home for three nights. We arrived at SFO around 7:00p and caught their free airport shuttle that they share with the Embassy Suites hotel that is right down the street. All 12 of us fit in their shuttle and we were off to the hotel within minutes of getting our bags. Their shuttle runs about every 20 minutes and we only had to wait about 5 minutes for it. This hotel is south of the airport and right along the water, hence the name Bayfront. The check-in was very fast and easy considering I had 5 rooms under my name. We had rooms all on the same wing on the top floor (15th), which was the executive floor. It was worth booking that level especially with so many people in our group because we all had access to their concierge lounge that serves snacks and drinks all day long. Breakfast in the lounge (included some hot items) was also included as well as evening hors d'oeuvres. They serve Starbucks coffee to boot. The lounge staff were very nice and attentive. The rooms are standard for a Hilton hotel complete with large flatscreen TVs. The rooms also had 2 bottles of water per day for free. Well, they replaced them if you drank them, it's not that they brought two more every day. The hotel is close to the airport but I didn't notice any jet noise. You can see planes land from the rooms.

Another great use of the hotel's free airport shuttle is that you can take it to the international terminal which is where the BART station is located. From there you can take the train right into San Francisco for $8.10 to the Embarcadero Station. It's not exactly cheap, but it will only take 30 minutes. This hotel is a very good choice if you need or have to be near the airport. It's even a good/affordable alternative to staying in the city if you don't mind taking the shuttle to the airport and then the BART up to SF.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dr_Drew2
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a recent business trip. The decor was very dated and the room was a bit shabby for the price. It was clean and the bed was comfortable but otherwise nothing to get excited about. The shuttle was very convenient, though it took a good 20 minutes by the time we stopped at the other pick-up locations. I would be willing to stay here again but would probably look around at the other nearby options before booking.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank netgrl22
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear our recent $17 million dollar room renovation was not to your liking. Our designer took great care to incorporate elements important to both our business and leisure travelers. Additionally, we just completed a full transformation of our fitness center including a significant expansion of the facility and all new equipment including the latest aerobic Precor equipment.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you with our renovation and exceptional service.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Burlingame is a nice area south of the SF airport. The hotel is tricky to get to if following GPS. It might be easier to just spot it and drive that way by sight. Highway 101 gets in the way and some confusing access roads don't help. Everyone was service-oriented at the hotel. We stayed three-days and at check-in my daughter asked if WiFi was free. The clerk said, "I'll give it to you." Our room was stylish and quiet. We could see planes coming in to land, but there was no noise. Parking was $18 and most spots were covered. The hotel is right on a lagoon and close to the Bay, where there are paths to walk on. Don't plan on ducking into a nearby Starbucks or McDonalds; nothing is nearby. Airport shuttle van goes every 30 minutes and we did that one day to get into the BART system at SFO, but the shuttle stopped at a parking lot and also the Embassay Suites and it was crowded and a 30-minute trip. The workout room was fine with equipment that worked, towels and the pool area had a small hot tub, which was hot. Nice! Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!