“Great for Airport Stay”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Great place for quick access to/from SFO airport -- very nice accomodations, rooms comfortable and good Executive Lounge/Level for breakfast & evening snacks (warm cookies) and soda/coffee/water. Shuttle to/from airport and takes approx 15/20 miutes to get from the hotel to the airport (makes a stop at the parking area & Embassy Suites) after making a couple of stops prior. Restaurant and bar has good food and drinks; there is a Kincaid's Restaurant approx 3/5 minute walk from the hotel that has great food and a good Happy Hour. Other than that there is nothing close to hotel within walking distance.

Tip: Uses BART to get into downtown SFO -- shuttle will drop you off at the International Airport location and entry to BART -- from there $8.20 one-way ticket to town. Ride is approx 32-minutes. Shuttle runs every 20-minutes to/from airport.

When in SFO and need to say close to airport will use the Hilton -- staff goes out of the way to make sure your stay is good. There are also an Embassy Suites, HGI and DoubleTree that are very close so you can pick from the Hilton family of hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 4, 2012

For an airport hotel I had my expectations set lower, but was positively impressed with the look&feel of the underground parking and lobby area. Very modern, everything in its place, good place to be in.

Rooms are regular in size, with enough space for a lounge chair and work desk. The disappointing experience comes from 2 directions:
- very loud AC in the room. there is no centralized AC so you have a big unit inside, which makes a lot of noise. If you turn it off it gets colder in the morning
- breakfast during weekend is served only until 10:00AM. In all hotels I know breakfast over weekend is extended until 10:30 or 11:00, not here.

I did not use the shuttle to SFO but I did notice that this is one of the last hotels on Airport Boulevard. If you want to park&fly, there is a large parking lot across the street from the Hilton called ANZA Parking, where shuttles seemed to transfer pax to SFO as soon as they dropped the car, so no pre-defined schedule.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

First things first, this hotel has a serious issue with it's SFO shuttle. The shuttle took over 45 minutes to come, which is ridiculous, when other properties, including inferior properties, have a shuttle that comes every 10-15 minutes. The worst is when every other shuttle comes, except yours.

The property wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about. My stay was paid for by the airline due to a cancellation, but the front desk staff didn't honor my HHonors Gold status claiming that I was on a 'free' stay. I get annoyed when hotels try and pull this because there's no such thing as a free stay. I may not have paid for this stay directly out of my pocket, but the hotel was still getting compensated for it. Albeit from the airline, but I feel like my Gold benefits should've applied.

Room was decent and well appointed. Fairly clean and in decent condition. Overall, this was a short stay, but it wasn't terrible. I would consider using the Hilton SFO in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I really do enjoy staying at this Hilton. Location is perfect in being less than 5 minutes from San Francisco airport. The staff are extraordinarily friendly (from front desk to room service). The Club Lounge is sizable and very nice. The rooms are excellent and I highly recommend this property!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Disappointing cleanliness and service from a hotel chain I thought had high standards. Upon check-in the bathroom in my room had hair in the tub, sink, and on the floor left over from a previous guest. The housekeeping representative angrily cleaned it again, muttering audibly in Chinese. I called guest services, who assured me a manager would be right up, but no one ever came. However, later in the visit I had a problem with the plumbing and the response was quick and thorough. So overall the quality of the service was unpredictable.

I was disappointed not to have a microwave or fridge in the room, but otherwise it served my needs. The "business center" was just 3 computers in the lobby of the restaurant, so it wasn't very private. But the computers were up to date.

I stayed at this hotel for a training course on-site, but next time I would choose a different hotel in the same area.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The entire staff treated me exceptionally well the 3 nights I stayed. Check in, restaurant, executive lounge, and housekeeping were all a pleasure to deal with. I felt welcomed from the moment I walked through the door.

The room was nicely decorated and full of electrical outlets. I appreciated the one on the bed side table. I was extremely comfortable in the room and felt at home. The heater/AC unit was a little loud, but never disturbed my sleep. Although sitting in the chair next to it made for some difficulty in hearing the TV when it turns on.

The bed was a little saggy. I'm surprised the Hilton Garden Inn chain has adjustable mattresses, but the main Hilton brand doesn't have the same options.

The location was excellent. Close to SFO airport and also offers a nice path along the bay front. I used the trail to do my morning runs and enjoyed the area. The hotel also offers a gym and indoor pool on the 2nd floor. The gym has really nice equipment.

For those that have access to the Executive Lounge, it is a great place to relax. The breakfast was great and the evening snacks were enjoyable.

I think the $18 for self parking was a little excessive. This is not a downtown location where parking is limited. You also have to pay for internet if you don't have Gold or Platinum status.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Overall stay was pleasant. It was above average. Booked through the bidding on Priceline. When we got there, they couldn't give us double beds even though their website should it's available but they got us a roll-a-way which worked out just fine. The hotel was clean and sheets and bed was comfortable. The only thing that wasn't working was the in and out garage gates. It seems like every times I either enter or leave the garage, the gates will not read my hotel key. Need to get that fixed. Stayed with small children under 5 and it was fine.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family