“Problem in Parking at Hilton Bayfront”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Houston, Texas
“Problem in Parking at Hilton Bayfront”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was checking into the Hotel on Dec 27 around 3pm. I had a rental can and was going to return it to Hertz in several hrs. I Spoke to valet attendent and he said no problem. Just park in the garage for a couple of hrs. At the front desk I checked in and told the lady what had transpired.
I checked in and and came down to put car into the garage. The machine said swipe your room key to enter. It was not reconized . I went up the ramp backwards and when to the front desk. The man said the woman checking me in did not put a code in for the garage on my acct.. He gave me a separate card to use for the garage. Went back down the ramp and still could not enter. I saw that there was a HELP button and pushed it, an attendent answered and and raised the gate. Several hrs later I was going to return the car. Went to the garage but when I tried to exit the card would still not work. Called Help again and the gate was raised.

My Point: As a Hilton Hhonors customer I should not have to put up with this crap.
During this week I had stayed previously 4 nights at other Hilton Properties

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My Hong Kong flight left around 1 pm and my flight from Santa Barbara, cancelled, then delayed, had me stuck in San Fran for the night. The Hilton Airport Bayfront was a soothing respite from the craziness of airports. The shuttle arrived withtin 20 minutes as promised, Quiet, even tranquil, super-clean with pleasing patterned new carpets and large pretty king-sized rooms befitting king-sized beds, friendly porters and staff, I was ready to wind down after a time in the rather small 24-hour fitness room (it is supposed to be enlarged and upgraded soon). But hunger drove me down to the bar/resturant, where frankly for a very moderate price I had a large glass of good California Merlot, some of the best sweet potato fries ever, and a great tuna melt. Good middle class US food is as good as anything one can find when one is worn down and NOT looking for adventure but a home away from home, except with really pristine and luxurious surroundings. I am surprised the Hilton pops high up there for me, but sometimes/often, a wonderful break in the midst of travel stress calls for kudos. AND at such a reasonable cost! How do they do it?

Room Tip: None. I had the fift floor far away from the elevator, but it had no view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank slim1244
Forney, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is my second stay at this hotel and I will say that the room quality each time was great! Solid 4-star quality in my opinion . I also like the location given I worked in both San Francisco and in Millbrae during this visit. The hotel is conveniently located near highway 101, which makes going to downtown SF a breeze. Believe it or not, if you like great Chinese food, there are tons of restarants in Millbrae and thereabouts that on average are much better and authentic than what one will generally find in Chinatown in San Francisco. The only negative for my stay was that the valet parking was a bit slow at times. Finally, I did get my room using Priceline "name your own price," so in terms of value it was excellent.

Room Tip: just ask . . . belonging to Hilton Honor's might also help
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed December 17, 2011

There is no better four star value in the SFO area. This is a great hotel to utilize when travelling in or out of SFO. All of the other 3.5 and 4 star hotels in the area are priced much higher. I utilize this hotel every time I fly in and out of SFO because there are a few key feature of this hotel that make it such a great deal. First, there is long term airport parking right next door, so leaving your car for a week is easy and affordable. Second, the hotel has an indoor pool and spa. Though not huge, most hotels in the SFO area do not have a pool. Third, the hotel is located on the water for great views and easy access to the bay side pedestrian path. Forth, there is an excellent restaurant next to the hotel on the waterfront named Kincaid's that will satisfy anyone. And Fifth, the rooms are modern, recently renovated, and clean. The rooms offer wifi, large flat screen televisions, and great beds and desk space. The complimentary shuttle runs every twenty minutes to drop you off at your terminal. This hotel offers a value that is tough to beat.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the bay and you can watch the flights on final approach arriving to SFO from your...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank homeinTahoe
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I usually arrive very late to SFO and usually leave very early. I stay here as it is a really nice hotel, the rooms are recently upgraded. Large TV, good selection of channels. The restaurant isnt bad. The lobby is nice and the staff is always helpful.

I land at about midnite so I take the hotel bus (runs every 20 minutes so when it is chilly it would be nice if it ran a little more often) and check in. In the morning, I check out, take the bus back to the airport to hop the monorail to the car rental facility. I do the reverse the night before I leave on my 6am flight. This way I dont need to pay for parking at the hotel and I dont have to allow extra time at the wrong time of day do deal with renting or dropping car.

If you DO have a car, there are 2 off airport parking facilities right next door so you can park there for $10/nite instead of the $18 the hotel charges and it is just a 2 minute walk

Room Tip: Every room they have given me has been good. I have been there several times
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank WorkPlayEat
Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We have stayed at the airport Hilton several times over the years. It continues to be a good choice for comfort and quiet. It is clean, modern, bed is comfortable (as are all Hiltons I have been in), staff aims to please. The bar/restaurant food is good, fairly reasonably priced. Shuttle runs to/from airport every 20 minutes. It offers all the things a good airport hotel should offer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveldream
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and your continued loyalty to the Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront. The team and I will continue to work very hard to maintain your loyalty and provide you with an exception experience during each and every stay.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Nice executive lounge. Great lobby, very friendly staff. I don't usually stay near the airport, but did for work and would book here again in a heartbeat. Beautiful view of the bay as the sun came up.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PShermanATL
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us and will be returning to stay with us again if the opportunity allows. My team is committed to ensuring each guest leaves wanting to came back and see us again and hearing from you that our efforts have been successful is very rewarding.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Regards,
John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!