“Great Hilton near the Airport”

Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Hilton near the Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Nice executive lounge. Great lobby, very friendly staff. I don't usually stay near the airport, but did for work and would book here again in a heartbeat. Beautiful view of the bay as the sun came up.

1 Thank PShermanATL
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us and will be returning to stay with us again if the opportunity allows. My team is committed to ensuring each guest leaves wanting to came back and see us again and hearing from you that our efforts have been successful is very rewarding.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

John C. Kellites / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

This hotel has a shuttle bus that is accessible to wheelchair users. This is a really useful thing but driver didn't stop for me so waited an hour before being picked up. Once in hotel complained about problem and was given a free room service meal. That was a very nice gesture and helped after a ten hour flight.

After that there was no problems and the room was very good for a decent price. Would use again if I needed a hotel near SFO.

Room Tip: Ask for room on executive floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mac147
I am so sorry our shuttle did not stop for you the first time and I thank you for your understanding. Our complimentary airport shuttle service is normally very reliable and I will need to investigate what casued your expereince to be anything less than perfect.

It is wonderful to hear you will be staying with us again should the opportunity allow. Thank you for your loyalty and willingness to give us another chance.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for one night with my family due to an early flight the next day. Very odd entry into the property if you drive in - you enter from below the structure. Front desk staff were not very friendly. This is an old remodelled property, but they did not do a good job at it. Most of the room furniture not up to date. Carpet in the room was disgusting!!! A/C unit very old & noisy, it woke me up every time it kicked in. Only good thing about this place is the airport shuttle. Beware: stay elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank BirthdayClub
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. This definitely is not the experience or memory I want you to have regarding my hotel. If you have the opportunity to read my response I would really appreciate the chance to speak with you directly. I apologize that you encountered any issues and with your room and our staff.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I am a Marriott guy these days, but Hilton is my back-up property. The Marriott properties were booked & I ended up at the Hilton SFO Bayfront. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Room was spacious & comfortable and the service was pleasant. My corporate rate allowed me access to the Executive Lounge where I found the same runny scrambled eggs that they have at most Marriott's. (Nice to know that I am not missing out on anything there). The parking at this hotel was my greatest complaint. The spaces are narrow and the exit card swipe at one gate does not read. (I kind of had a clue from the front desk telling me what to do "if the card gets demagnetized". The card was not demagnetized, but the reader is shot).

All-in-all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you should ask for it. I didn't and I have a lovely view of a business build...
1 Thank remerton
Thank you for staying with us when the opportunity allows. While we would prefer to be you first hotel brand of choice we are grateful you have selected us as your back-up when needed. I am sorry to hear your Executive Lounge breakfast experience was not up to your satisfaction and I will be speaking to our culinary team regarding your concerns.

We do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Tel Aviv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights at the Hilton, and it suited me perfect.

The room is very spacious, and very clean. Really nice view from the 8th floor, which is a nice bonus, not expected. Big TV, super comfy bed.
The hotel restaurant is also great - I have to say, one of the best waffles I had. Thumbs up!

Thanks.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Room was clean. Staffs were nice.

BUT, the AC/Heater is REALLY LOUD that we couldn't go to sleep at all. It's not central A/C. You have your own A/C unit in your room. Thus, when you turn it on, it gets really loud, especially when you're trying to go to sleep.

Stayed for two nights. The first night, we had the heater turned on, but couldn't go to sleep due to the noise. The second night, we turned the heater off, but then my wife caught a cold the very next day. I barely could fell a sleep due to the room temperature being too low, but I did get some sleep tho. We chose the cold night over the noisy night, so we can't blame anybody.

Oh.. and the shower.. the water pressure is too low. They need to change the showerhead. I know the water bills are high in CA, but if it takes twice as long to take a shower, I don't know if it'll save anything.

I booked thru priceline and I won't be booking for SFO zone anymore just to avoid this place. This place was rated 4 stars on priceline, but should be 3 stars at best.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry you did not receive the restful night you deserved. Normally our air conditioning units do not create any significant noise and I clearly need to have the unit in your room serviced. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further if you could find the time to contact me directly at john.kellites@hiltonsfo.com.

Thank you for bring this matter to my attention and I hope to hear from you soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Not downtown San Fran, so price is a bit less. Was convenient for us, as we visited Carmel and Monterey, to the south, and Suasolito, Muir woods and San Fran, to the north. San Francisco is 20 minutes. nice, clean quiet hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jim0521
Thank you for you comments. Many of our guests such as you stay with us just for the very reasons you mentioned. The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is conveniently located to all the wonderful actives in the Bay Area and our excellent pricing compared to the pricy downtown hotels makes us an excellent value.

Thank you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!