“The BEST SFO hotel.”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Snowmass Village, Colorado
“The BEST SFO hotel.”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We arrived from France and were welcome and comfortable. Handy to get to, VERY comfortable room and bed. We will return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The fact that you consider us the "Best SFO Hotel" is very flattering. Equally wonderful to read is your intent to stay with us again........this is truely one of the best comments we could hope to read.

Thank you for you loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

John C. Kellites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I think this is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel and have been impressed every time. I usually am here for just a few hours after landing around midnight and heading off to work the next day, but on my most recent stay I had the luxury of sleeping in and actually enjoying a bit of time to relax. This hotel has great Park and Fly Packages so I dropped off my car before catching a red-eye and spent the night when I returned. Before heading to the airport I decided to have dinner at the restaurant as the dining options at SFO are fairly limited after 8pm. The food was good, the service was great and I felt l got a much better deal than eating pricey mediocre food at the airport. The parking is expansive with a small covered area - either way I feel that my car is safe being left here for a number of days. The shuttle service is easy and reliable on both pick up and drop off. On all of my visits, staff at the front desk have always been exceptional - friendly, prompt and ready to help. On my most recent stay I was in a king room on the executive floor. The hotel recently underwent a massive renovation and the rooms are modern, clean, spacious, and I had a nice view. There were plenty of plugs for all of my gadgets and the room had a massive flat screen TV. The bed was incredibly comfortable and for being so close to the freeway and airport the room was super quiet! I will definitely choose this hotel the next time I fly out of SFO!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your continued loyalty. There is no greater compliment than a guest who returns time and again due to the service we provide. I am glad you were able to spend a little extra time with us this visit to further enjoy our hotel’s amenities. I am happy to report we are currently transforming our fitness center (new, location, new equipment, larger space) and hope to have it completed mid December.

The entire team at the Hilton San Francisco Bayfront hope to welcome you back again soon.

Dana Point, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for a few days with my family and somehow we got stuck in a handicap room. My garment bag was touching the floor, the ironing board was like something from a Dream House Barbie collection and the bathroom had about 1sqft of counter space. It was funny at first but a little annoying when they told me no other rooms were available. Other rooms are always available. The next day I called again because the room next to us was be turned over and was given the same story until a Manager moved us to another room. I don't recall but maybe we were punished for booking on Priceline. The service for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was great but the food was average.

Room Tip: Tell them upfront you're not handicapped.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry we were not able to provide you with a tradition room when you arrived. We do have 15 rooms designed for those travelers with special needs which from time to time requires us to assign these rooms to guest such as you when our hotel is fully occupied. We certainly should have been more proactive in moving you to a traditional room the next day once we knew that was your wish. Please accept my apologizes. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your visit with me further.

Please be assured we are committed to providing all our guests with the best possible experience and when that is not the case we are greatly disappointed and make every effort to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you have an opportunity to visit us again.

John c. Kellites / General Manager
Reviewed October 31, 2011

There wasn't anything terribly wrong with this hotel, but it seemed overpriced, crowded and understaffed. We arrived close to midnight, and the one and only bellman was totally overwhelmed, nor were their baggage carts readily available for self service. Overall, we wouldn't choose to stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Please give us another chance. This definitely is not the experience you deserve or the memory I want you to have of my hotel. If you have the opportunity to read my response I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. I apologize that you encountered any issues during your stay.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We had a tight schedule on our trip to San Francisco in the Fall of 2010. After 4 days in downtown San Francisco and 3 in Monterey we had a 6 am departure from SFO (San Francisco Airport) and needed a good quality hotel close to the airport with a shuttle service. Answer The Hilton San Francisco Airport! We compounded our stay by going to a baseball game in downtown San Francisco the evening before our flight home, how we made this work for us I will explain in a moment. First the ins and outs of how we ended up here and glad we did!
1. We opted to try for a 4 star hotel near San Francisco Airport through Hotwire.
2. We chose one for $85 a night, king bed.
3. We paid in advance, unknown as to what we got and found that this was our Hotel.
4. We saved about $45 over posted rates at this hotel going this route.
5. We used the Hotel shuttle to take us back from the airport after taking the BART back from seeing the baseball game.
6. We used the Hotel Shuttle to get us to the airport at 4 am in the morning for our early flight.
7. We got Hilton 4 star quality for a great price.
8. We got a wonderful room with a great view, modern and clean and most important a super comfortable bed!
9. For all the pluses we got I give this hotel 5 stars, there were no issues and we were very pleased and happy with this Hotel.
10. Thank you Hilton San Francisco Airport Hilton for giving us all we could ask for and more!

Room Tip: We got a saving with Hotwire, chosen as a 4 Star Hotel San Franciso Airport!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. The team at the Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is very proud of our hotel and hearing such wonderful praise from one of our guest is the best compliment we could ever hope to receive.

You did receive a wonder value using Hotwire, one of our booking partners. We also have some equally good opportunities directly through our brand website which will ensure you receive our specific hotel. Regardless of how you make your reservation you can be assured we will do all that we can to ensure you have an exception experience while staying with us.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I weren't too excited when we saw the hotel from road; not that it's bad, but very plain. We were very pleasantly surprised upon entering the lobby, and more importantly our room. Very nice recent renovation; the modern concept utilized in the rooms is fantastic (all built-ins). The 42" mounted flat screed HD monitors are a fun touch as well!!!
Hotel is super close to the airport, and about 17 miles from downtown SF, but easily accessible. Nearby neighborhood, Burlingame, has plenty to do if you're looking out for a quick evening out - tons of good restaurants within 2 miles.
Hotel does charge for parking; however, price is very reasonable for area (certainly by SF standards).
Our opinion is this particular Hilton is better suited for business travelers, but we would recommend it to all types of travelers!

Room Tip: If possible, you can request a "bay view" room via e-mail when booking. I tried this, and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to highlight all the wonderful elements that make our hotel so special. Our multi million dollar renovation has given us a spectacular hotel and our location has taken care of the rest. The Bay Area is an amazing destination and the Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is in the perfect location to experience all it has to offer.

My staff and I hope you will return soon.

Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 18, 2011

It's not an exciting location, but a nice hotel, close to the airport and convenient place for taking a run in the morning - a nearby path runs along the bayside. Also had a pretty good restaurant - even had a spread of Asian breakfast items ( fish, rice porridge)

• Stayed October 2011
The_GM_HiltonSFO, General Manager at Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me. Like you, many of our guests enjoy our convenient location and spectacular setting. If you are visiting downtown San Francisco or have business south our location provides an excellent central location for all there is to see and do in the Bay Area. And yes, the lovely walking/jogging path just outside our doors running along the bay is amazing and a favorite spot of our guests.

It is also wonderful to hear you enjoyed our specialty Chinese breakfast dishes. We recently added these items to our breakfast buffet as a part of our comprehensive Chinese “Huanying” (welcome) program.

I hope you will come see us again soon.

John C. Kellites / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront? Share your experiences!