“Excellent food with a good view”
Review of Kincaid's

Kincaid's
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 177 Restaurants in Burlingame
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Blvd.
Description: Kincaid's translates the traditional fish, chop and steak house into contemporary terms. In a casually elegant atmosphere, the restaurant offers outstanding cuisine and impressive bay views. You'll find new classics, consistent excellence and a splash of swagger!
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went here in a group of 5 (business dinner). Steak was excellent, as were soups and appetizers. Service was prompt and courteous (one order was incorrect, quickly fixed). The view of the bay is pretty. The place was busy, and would probably be good people-watching. It is pricey, but not ridiculous.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

A coworker recommended this place to me - she told me to get a patio seat, so I could watch the planes land and take off from SFO. I went on a Tuesday night, and the restaurant seemed busy, but no one on the patio. I snagged a table on the patio by the glass wall, and had a perfect view of the bay and, sure enough, the planes coming in and out of SFO. The high glass wall around the patio does a nice job of blocking the wind and the noise - it was quite comfortable. (Though their patio furniture could have been more so.). ....I had the seared ahi tuna special, which was recommended by the server, and it was REALLY good. So was the pea salad that I ordered on the side. Overall, very nice experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We we were recommended this by the hotel when we arrived. Was only a 200m walk from the Hilton. The restaurant was very busy so initial service was a bit slow, but once the drinks and food arrived, it was well worth the wait. Would definitely come back!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife, our two children, and a friend dined here recently at the tail end of vacation. We selected the restaurant based on proximity to our hotel and prior TA reviews. This is a nice, upscale restaurant located right on the bay. We showed up early and had no problem being seated, but I'd recommend reservations for most other times. The food was really nice. We had the crab and artichoke dip for app; very rich and creamy, baked just with a little crisp around the edge, very nice overall. I had the coconut crusted Ahi and my wife the Halibut specials. All preparation and presentation was done very well. Flavors were great and my crunchy/coconut exterior was fantastic. Certainly showcasing the quality of food and talents of the staff. Very happy with our food experience and I would recommend others to seek Kincaids based on this alone.

However, the most outstanding aspect of our dining experience was our server Robert. Now, many upscale restaurants make you feel like a heel dragging two young children along. Not here or with Robert. He was immediately personable, always smiling, and interacting with our family. He went above and beyond to make sure our children got the food they 'wanted' (our son was obsessed with 'soup and pickles' that day); Robert not only searched and found some pickles, but let our son actually sample the bisque (closet thing they had to tomato soup) to see if he liked it and then brought out another cup at my sons request! If you've ever taken kids to a more upscale eatery, you know the relief felt when a server and restaurant actually take time to help you out. Not only was Robert good with the kids, he made excellent wine parings for us, was prompt and courteous with random requests (i.e. crackers and cheese for the kids, etc..). When we were scrambling to 'clean up the floor', all parents know what I'm talking about, Robert very politely said not to worry, to go enjoy our last vacation evening and his staff would take care of everything. Both my wife and I remarked numerous times during the evening that this was easily one of the best service and restaurant experiences we had in the YEARS since we have been dining with our young family.

Certainly, if the manager of Kincaids reads this, please, please, give Robert appropriate commendation for being exemplary during our visit. Bravo!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

the VIEW is amazing. Get a window table and enjoy. Coho salmon was beautifully prepared. Waitstaff was so accommodating - explained all the dishes and made terrific recommendations to ensure a terrific evening