“Great choice when staying close to the airport !”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Great choice when staying close to the airport !”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed only for one night at this hotel - arrival in the evening from Europe and having to pick up our rented car the following day.

There is an airport shuttle provided by the hotel - every 20 minutes or so. In case you are wondering, it was not noisy at all (even though, the airport is quite close).

The staff at the reception was very nice and was willing to answer all our questions.

The room was clean and well equipped (flat TV, hairdryer, kettle ...). We had a good night sleep thanks to the comfy bed.

The Wi-Fi was working perfectly in our room (based on our experience, it is not always the case even if announced by the hotel).

There is a swimming pool but unfortunately, we didn't have a chance (or rather time) to profit from it.

We noticed that there is a restaurant at the hotel. However, we grabbed something small at the airport before our arrival to the hotel so we didn't try it.

I think it is a good choice when choosing a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veronik_P
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, free Wi-Fi, free Shuttle service, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Our staff will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Red Roof Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights whilst on a trip to San Francisco with 3 others. We had hired a car so werent bothered about the 30min drive into the city centre as it also put us in driving distance of other places we wanted to visit outside San Fran.
Room was more than big enough for 4 people and well stocked with all the facilities we needed. Air conditioner was a life saver as it got quite hot at night.
The 24 hr diner next to the lobby was great for breakfast and was great value, I recommend the All American!

Would defo consider staying here again but if you only want to stay in the heart of San Francisco a hotel nearer the city centre might be more suitable but will be a higher price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay and found great value for the price you paid for the room, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, free Wi-Fi, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant on site. Yes, "All American" was a good choice! My staff will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed the night before an early flight. Perfect. Not the place I would want to stay in except for in/out of airport. Room was two double (not queen) beds. Clean and neat, bathroom was clean as well. Free internet was fine the night we moved in, but didn't work the (very early) morning we left. Plenty of free parking. Easy access to the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mywebss
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your park and fly stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location. I'm sorry to hear that internet was not working for you next morning, which was fixed later with a phone call to out 24/7 Tech Support.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent one night here in September after flying in from the UK and before picking up our car for the rest of the holiday. Unfortunately when we arrived there was chaos at check in, the computer was down and the staff were struggling to cope, unable to retrieve reservations and issuing keys to rooms already occupied, including ours. There was no plan B. the room was fine and the food and service in the ground floor cafe excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm sorry computer went down during your check-in process, your feedback is very important to us, we will take corrective actions to avoid such situation again in the future.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant on site.

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel to San Francisco often and I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn. I was there twice last week and always had a great experience. Last night I lost my phone in the lobby and Charlotte and Honiva tracked me down to return the phone. As a digital Marketing sales person, my phone is my life line. I was so thankful that they tracked me down and returned it to me.

They are the best,

Mark London
Portland Oregon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark L
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Charlotte and Homira will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed during a couple of days at the Red Roof SFO for a business purpose which took me both to the Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Somewhat in between, it proofed to be the ideal location since one can reach the Valley easily throu I-280 (better choice than the overloaded 101) and be fast in SF. I had a superior King room and was pleased with its size, features (microwave, fridge, ironing board) and cleanliness. The remodeling of late 2012 resulted in a hardboard floor which I definitely prefer over the typical 70ies carpet solution you still find in many hotels. I didn't use neither the pool nor the restaurant so can't tell much there but that the restaurant had always quite a number of guests. The staff was very helpful ans supportive.

WLAN was available, but had slowness peaks during high usage hours (evenings, at weekend). Maybe one could extend the backbone. The windows can't be opened, but with its motel setup (front view with public access) you rather leave it closed anyway.

Room Tip: I'd recommend higher floors towards the airport (north side)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our modern and renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Our staff will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I are in desperate need of a place to stay on a Saturday early morning (2am). We just came back from a trip and because we are very tired we can't afford to drive at all. The hotel is okay but we had a hard time to sleep because the bed and specially the pillow are not comfortable. For $150 that we paid just for that 1 night and we checked out early morning around 8am the next day I don't think it is worth paying that much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that pillow and bed were not comfortable for you. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Hope to see you soon!

Jack K. - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!