“Great experience!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Great experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel to San Francisco often and I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn. I was there twice last week and always had a great experience. Last night I lost my phone in the lobby and Charlotte and Honiva tracked me down to return the phone. As a digital Marketing sales person, my phone is my life line. I was so thankful that they tracked me down and returned it to me.

They are the best,

Mark London
Portland Oregon

1 Thank Mark L
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Charlotte and Homira will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

Jack K. - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed during a couple of days at the Red Roof SFO for a business purpose which took me both to the Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Somewhat in between, it proofed to be the ideal location since one can reach the Valley easily throu I-280 (better choice than the overloaded 101) and be fast in SF. I had a superior King room and was pleased with its size, features (microwave, fridge, ironing board) and cleanliness. The remodeling of late 2012 resulted in a hardboard floor which I definitely prefer over the typical 70ies carpet solution you still find in many hotels. I didn't use neither the pool nor the restaurant so can't tell much there but that the restaurant had always quite a number of guests. The staff was very helpful ans supportive.

WLAN was available, but had slowness peaks during high usage hours (evenings, at weekend). Maybe one could extend the backbone. The windows can't be opened, but with its motel setup (front view with public access) you rather leave it closed anyway.

Room Tip: I'd recommend higher floors towards the airport (north side)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our modern and renovated rooms, free parking, convenient location and our 24 hour restaurant. Our staff will be very happy to know that you were delighted with their customer service skills.

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I are in desperate need of a place to stay on a Saturday early morning (2am). We just came back from a trip and because we are very tired we can't afford to drive at all. The hotel is okay but we had a hard time to sleep because the bed and specially the pillow are not comfortable. For $150 that we paid just for that 1 night and we checked out early morning around 8am the next day I don't think it is worth paying that much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that pillow and bed were not comfortable for you. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Hope to see you soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had made a reservation with the Red Roof Inn a couple of weeks prior to my visit. A few days later, I had realized that I had not received my confirmation number, so I called back and talked to Edward about my reservation. He had informed me that I HAD no reservation and the Hotel was now sold out on those days. I explained to him who I had talked to and my experience. He took me at my word and fixed the problem!! Now, that's integrity!! I checked in at the Hotel and was able to meet Edward. Very professional and just wanted to make sure I had all my needs met!! Edward alone, is reason enough for me to be a Red Roof Inn user for LIFE!! Thank you, EDWARD!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel has better internet access
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay with Red Roof Inn San Francisco. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay, in particular our renovated rooms, and convenient location. I’m very proud of my staff members. I'm very happy to know that Edward went extra mile to provide you with a delighted customer service!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at the redroof inn a and it was a lovely stay. The rooms were nice and clean. I checked in and there was a very nice lady at the front desk her name was Beverly she helped us with everything we needed.. Thank you again Beverly and redroof inn..

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. The Red Roof Inn definitely has a perfect location and clean renovated rooms. Thank you for your compliments on our staff, I will be sure to pass this to my team.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thanks again,

Red Roof Inn San Francisco Airport CA
Fort Worth, Tx.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Older Inn that has been remodeled, fair for the price if your on a budget.Clean room & convenient location. Only complaint was air conditioner filter very dirty which caused a musty/stale smoke odor. Didn't use pool, but it didn't look very clean. Restaurant was NOTHING like website reviews described. Maybe great if you like Asian food. Your allowed to go next door to use the fitness center at the Doubletree. Next time we will spend a little extra and stay there. San Francisco is Awesome!

Room Tip: Stayed on top floor. Elevators very slow.....we used the stairs every time due to the wait.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RRISSOGM, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. We are pleased you liked or our newly renovated rooms.
Please accept my sincere apology for the slow elevator and Air Condition filter issue. We hope you will give us second change and see the difference on your next stay with us. We look forward to seeing you!

Red Roof Inn, San Francisco, CA
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Many things a just fine about this location, yet many little things are not. The location for the price is good; the rooms are nicely equipped and the beds are ok. The TV service is limited and certain channels did not work, yet were listed. Housekeeping was bad and slow, and the management really pressure you to not really use it. There was one time when there was no hot water. The mini-frig was so cold the it froze out food. There is free wifi in the room, yet you have to reconnect more than I would expect, again annoying; and "the business center" does not provide free wifi there no printer (except for boarding passes).

Room Tip: High floor not king suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. The Red Roof Inn definitely has a perfect location and I am pleased you found the good value. I'm sorry you had to reconnect to Wi-Fi multiple times, for future reference we do have 24 hours support for any WiFi concerns. Regarding Business Center computer, yes we do provide boarding pass printing for free and other services costs you minimal fee, the station is managed by third party vendor for us.

Hope we will get a second change to server you.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Jack K. - General Manager

Red Roof Inn, San Francisco, CA.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!