“What a nice hotel”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Roseville, California
“What a nice hotel”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Talked to Beverly on the phone and she made my reservation very nice to talk to. When I got here was met with a smile from Maria and with in 10 minutes I was in my room. Maria told me about everything the Red Roof offered and if there was anything I needed just call the front desk. I was so impressed that I booked this Friday night. Folks its a no brainer for service, value,and a very clean hotel its here,oh and its quite

1 Thank Donald H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just a short kudos to the Red Roof inn San francisco airport. I am a crewmember (flight attendant) and I stay here sometimes, on average 3-4 nights / month give or take, because I commute.. The rooms are basic, quiet and clean. My life is unfortunately on the road, so I stay at all types of hotels. I can honestly say that the staff at the Red Roof in SF Airport has some of the best customer service. In particular I would like to mention Julio Sigala. He gave me excellent customer service by providing me with the flexibility I needed when i was unsure of my flight schedule. I also had a delicious meal at Leann's Cafe which is located adjacent to the hotel. There are walking/running trails near by, so you can get out and take advantage of the fresh air. Thanks ..RB

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the south side are a little quieter, and the higher floors
1 Thank R B
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After checking all the hotels in downtown SF we decided to choose the Red Roof Airport based on different reasons: 1. we really appreciate the good standard of Red Roof which we enjoyed so many times during our trip through the US, 2. it's good value for the money and 3. it should be possible to park our car somewhere downtown.
Our decision was absolutely right! The reception staff was very friendly. The rooms was large and the beds very comfy as in every Red Roof! There is the possibility to use the Fitness room in the hotel next door - due to all the things you can see and do in SF we had no time - as well as to use the pool.

If you have a car, it's maybe 20 minutes to drive to SF downtown. We always found a parking space around the marina.

The only downside was the buses which park in front of the hotel every night. And - we don't know for what reason - in the morning, they got the engine running maybe half an hour before they leave - very noisy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveling-Nici
Messaou, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a listing for our hotel on trip advisor. I am glad to read that your stay exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well.
Regards,
Denton, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was waiting in line of a large group of people waiting to check in at the Red Roof Burlingame. The hotel was completely booked and the front desk staff was very busy. The first thing I noticed was that the staff did not look overwhelmed even though it was swamped. They were very kind and warm to every single guest no matter what they asked. I noticed that all of the guests walking out were pleased with the service they got. They also dealt with everyone there in a surprisingly timely manner. When I got to the front to ask for a last minute room, they informed me that they were completely sold out because of a convention in town. Every other hotel in the area was completely booked. The staff knew I had no where to go. They told me not to leave to see what they could do for me. They sat there and watched the reservations computer for quite a while, and when a cancellation came up, they quickly jumped in and booked the room for me before the master reservation system booked someone else. They're above and beyond attitude saved me from having no place to stay, and they were super nice to me to boot. It's rare to see that kind of caring in business today. A special thanks to Edward and Ruben Lopez for helping me out of a bind. They truly do good work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a listing for our hotel on trip advisor.Your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to read that our staff did a excellent job making you feel at home! I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well. Thank you again for your business!
Regards
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just south of the airport you can find a dozen if not more hotels and inns in an area that has nothing else to offer but proximity to the airport. The Red Roof is a decent place to stay and the view onto the bay and the airport is kind of neat. The rooms are clean and standard size, yet nothing out of the ordinary.

Internet is free but frustratingly slow, the safe in the room was broken (I was given another room) and the washing machine for guests was also broken.

Downtown SF is far but a free shuttle running every 30 minutes takes you to the airport in under 10 minutes - and from there you can take the BART to town (ca. $8 one way, 30 minutes roughly).

A big plus I suppose is the friendliness of staff.

All in all I am happy with the value I got - but far from being "wowed".

Tipp: if you don't like the wait fir the shuttle take the one to and from the Double Tree. It is next door and shuttles seem to go twice as often.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a listing for our hotel on trip advisor. I am glad that staff in your eyes was responsive and that you took advantage of our complimentary 24 hour shuttle which leaves every half hour from the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well. Thank you for your business.
Regards
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After spending a few days in central SF, we looked for something of a base to explore the surrounding areas outside of the city.

Red Roof provided us with that, and exceeded expectations. The size of the room was great, with a nice big TV and decent shower.

The onsite diner was very good, we ate there on a couple of occasions, and the vicinity to the airport was perfect for our early morning flight when we needed it.

We had booked through Agoda, who hadn't forwarded on our booking to the hotel, but the staff were friendly and helped us sort this, despite never even hearing of Agoda before.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool. The vending machines are LOUD, and are located on this side!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a listing for our hotel on trip advisor. I am glad to read that your stay and the hotel amenities exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the front desk and restaurant staff as well. Thank you again for your business.
Regards,
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for three nights. We decided to stay at this hotel due the expensive hotels in San Francisco. Everyday we drove to the city (Union Square, Pier 39, etc) and it usually takes about 25min. I believe that the hotel met our goals.

The room is clean and we did not face any problem during our stay. The beds and bathroom is also ok. The parking is free and there are too many options of restaurants nearby on the other side of the road.

The only negative point is the fact that the breakfast is not included. Although, you can pay for it at the restaurant of the hotel.

I either reccomend the hotel if you are going to stay for one night (close to airport) or for tourism in San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!