“Affordable and comfortable accommodations”

Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Burlingame
Toronto, Canada
“Affordable and comfortable accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Booked for the first time a few weeks ago due to a long wait for a connecting flight in SFO. Was pleasantly surprised to find the room to be clean and well-maintained, especially for the designation of "Inn". I have never stayed at an "inn" before and I find that the quality of the room and the building itself to be comparable to, at least a 3 star hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful; we called in a broken hair dryer and the unit was changed to a working one within a couple of minutes. In fact, we were so impressed with the facility that we booked again when we returned to San Francisco.
And when around the area, try the cafe connected to the inn!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle J
Messaou, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
We appreciate your positive comments about our Red Roof Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are one of the cleanest and safest inns in the area. Our staff makes all the difference. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
henderson,nv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stay at the SFO Red Roof in Burlingame at least four times a month. The staff there always treats me with excellent service, The rooms they assign are always safe and clean. I especially want to mention Rubin, Guillermo, George, Beverly, Edward, Julio, Maria, Alma, Claudia, Shevina, Risha, and Sherazed. They always give me excellent service. The location and price of the hotel are both great deals.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank octavio1
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We love to hear such great comments about our staff. My team is here to help and provide exceptional customer service 24/7. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Palm Springs, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of a trip to Europe, so I could take advantage of their airport shuttle and parking for my car while I was away. The first time I was on the ground floor, and it was very noisy from lots of people talking and walking by. The real shocker was when someone opened my door with a plastic key card that had been issued to them by the desk. If I hadn't had the hinge door lock on, a stranger would have barged into my room.

The second time I was on a higher floor, but near the ice machine, which was also rather noisy. Both times, the rooms were OK, but the towels were the thinnest and skimpiest I ever say in a hotel.

The shuttle and parking were very convenient. But I would never stay in this facility again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Messaou, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your online review. First of all I am sorry you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I can assure you that actions have been taken to make sure our guests feel safe while staying with us. Safety and security of our guests are our top priority. We are in the process of making some changes to better serve our guests. Our park and fly packages are a great value and our 24 hour shuttle service is very reliable and timely. I hope you can give us another chance to serve you, I guarantee you will not be disppointed. Please contact me directly, I would like to have a personal discussion with you at your convenience.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a great option if you are looking for a lower budget, clean, safe and convenient hotel in close proximity to the San Francisco Airport. Rate on Hotels.Com for a 2 double-bed room were around$100, but if you are looking for AAA discounts you can get price for $10 lower by booking directly on the Red Rood website. Room and bath were clean, though linens/towels were getting pretty thin. Very cost-effective Park and Fly option. Parking seemed secure and the free airport shuttle is very reliable, arriving/departing every 30 minutes on a 24-hour basis. The shuttle is currently shared with the Doubtletree Hotel, so with the extra hotel stop the maximum time to the airport is 30 minutes, but depending on your terminal it could only take 15 minutes (hotel is advertised as about 3.7 miles from airport). Property has free wi-fi, access to a PC and printer to print boarding passes, hair dryer, iron/board and a 24-hour restaurant on site (food not that great but other options are available within a short driving distance). There is a long jogging trail that runs along the bay and is accessible within a couple-block walk from the hotel, which is a nice nearby amenity. You do get noise from planes taking off, but that will occur with any hotel near the airport. There is an in-room fan/AC unit that - when on - effectively blocked much of the noise. This place is definitely not fancy, but is very workable for the price.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor, seemed fine but it was right by the stairway (rooms open to the outsid...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our sleep, park and fly packages are a great value. No one beats our prices. We do offer a 24 hours shuttle service from and to the airport. It runs every 30 minutes at 24 and 54 after the hour. Our staff is outstanding and is here to help with anything you need. Please come see us again and you will get the same customer service you had during your previous visit. Have a wonderful day.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

My family and I were taking a trip to the city, you know to be tourist since we have this wonderful city so close to us and we were looking for a great hotel with reasonable prices. We stumbled upon Red Roof and it was a very pleasant stay. The prices were good and the staff met our expectations. Beverly helped us a lot too. She brought us pillows and called us a cab too. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice relaxing stay

Room Tip: The 5th floor!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments regarding you recent visit. My staff is always here to help when needed. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.
Mokhtar Messaou
mmessaou@redroof.com
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

One night stay at a King room on the 5th floor. Room was clean, well maintained and of a good size. Fine overall for a motel. (If Red Roof billed itself as a hotel, you'd be seeing two stars, not three.) The carpet and bed spread were fugly. But the mattress was comfortable and the pillows were fine. The TV had a good selection of channels. (It was still a CRT though.) Rounding out the room inventory were an in-room safe, work desk, mini fridge (with nothing in it), luggage rack, and an air-conditioning/heating unit. The work desk was fairly large. I particularly liked the the design of the desk lamp, modern and contemporary. I did not see any pens or paper though. Only the bath and the "throne" are enclosed in a separate room, the wash basin is located outside. Size wise, the bath is very smal indeed. Towels, particularly the bath towels, while seemingly new, were nonetheless small and thin. Basic wall mounted shower and tub combination. (A hand held shower would have been nicer.) Good water pressure. WiFi was free and the speed, while not blazingly fast, was adequate.

True to its motel roots, rooms are located along open walkways. Heck, the room door felt like it was made from heavy gauge steel! Makes you wonder why....???

I found the staff to be fine. But then again, it isn't as if I was making any above and beyond the call of duty service requests, so I didn't really tax their patience or willingness to help.

Ate at the onsite restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. It's your everyday diner food, nothing special. The cow print plastic covers on the booths were the ugliest things I've ever seen! And the eatery itself felt rundown.

I like that the Red Roof is near the bay walk. It made for a nice stroll plus you could watch the planes, especially the heavies, landing at SFO. The free shuttle to the airport was handy but this isn't unique to Red Roof since almost all the hotels in the area offer similar shuttle services.

Also, a disclaimer, I paid much more than the usual everyday $59 per night rate... I have Oracle and it's hotel room shortage inducing convention to thank for that... Had the rate been the usual rate, I'd probably have praised the Red Roof Inn a bit more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
I appreciate your review about our property. I am glad you had a nice visit. We are currently working on a few things to make your next stay even more enjoyable. Just so you know, the on site restaurant will soon be remodeled, so it will have a fresh new look. we are also working on updating our rooms and our TVs. Our wi-fi is now much faster then before. We still offer very competitive rates in the area and i can assure you that next time you stay with us you will get the best value in town. I hope to see you agin soon.
Mokhtar Messaou
Siesta Key, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Nice pet friendly hotel right near the airport. Shuttles run every 30 minutes, and they have a printed schedule listing pick up times and each arrival time at each terminal-a nice feature. Even nicer; the schedule is adhered to! Quiet. Clean room, but no in room coffee, which would be nice, although there is coffee in the lobby. The attached Asian fusion restaurant is adequate, with quite well done Thai and Hunan dishes as well as the usual American fare. Moderately, priced, pet friendly hotel close to the airport. Good place to stay, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ronzam
Messaou, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for your great comments about our property. We are one of the few hotels in the area that does not charge for pets. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly company. I am glad you liked our rooms and I can tell you that we are working on getting all of our rooms equiped with an in room coffee maker. We just started a new and improved shuttle service to and from the airport. It runs every 30 minutes 24/7, 365 days a year. Our on site restaurant is well known for its asian dishes and its delicious burgers. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlingame
DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#3 of 12 in Burlingame
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport / Burlingame

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!