“Take Out For Family Gathering”
Review of Mingalaba

Mingalaba
Get food delivered
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in Burlingame
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Visited family in the area, and I wanted to try Burmese food. We ordered a variety of items for takeout, and they were all pretty good. Tea leaf salad was unusual, very crunchy and tasted good. Pumpkin yellow chicken had a lot of flavor, as did the house special noodles. I would get either of them again. For a vegetable, we has basil spicy eggplant, but I thought it lacked any heat and not as much basil flavor as I would have expected. The curry pork and potatoes were fine, but not the least bit spicy to me. I think the samosas were my least favorite of the items we tried. My only advice is not to shy away from dishes labeled spicy, and try whatever sounds good.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed June 26, 2016

Lunch specials are more expensive then Ala Carte menu since they combine entrée with a small salad. Unless you want the salad, I recommend select your entrée from regular menu. Please be aware that rice or other staples are charged separately. This place is very busy for lunch. We asked for chilli sauce at beginning of the meal and reminded once more during the meal but it was never brought out. Staff is very busy and does not pay much attention.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank seharmd
Reviewed May 25, 2016

Tried their vegetarian fares - Walnut Broccoli with Tofu and Veg. Shan Noodles - both good. Pricey, but good portions! Would recommend for the vegetarians out there!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed May 24, 2016

Mingalaba is a busy Burmese restaurant on Burlingame Avenue. Their food is very good and not too expensive. Parking is generally available within a block or two. In addition Burlingame Avenue is a great shopping area. The service is prompt and pleasant.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Don't know Why I have never tried this restaurant before when I have been traversing Burlingame avenue for at least 25 years. Not that they have been there for that length of time. But went here with my co-workers for lunch and enjoyed the food and friendly service. Definitely coming back.

Date of visit: April 2016