“A good alternative "fusion" food.”
Review of Mingalaba

Mingalaba
Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Burlingame
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orinda, California
“A good alternative "fusion" food.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I believe this used to be a Chinese restaurant. My wife and I went in and was pleasantly surprised about the changes. Clean, friendly service, and amazing food. Prices are reasonable. When we went, it began to get very crowded so plan accordingly.

• Visited September 2012

San Francisco, California
“Great change of food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've been here acouple of times already and love the Green Tea salad. The service is fast and efficient. I think it's because they have to move the tables. I was there for dinner and they had asked us to leave. Kind of rude, but understandable with a line outside. I like to take friends that want to try something new in taste and textures. I like going for lunch instead due to the long line and lack of seating to enjoy a nice dinner.

• Visited October 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
“Excellent food not far from SFO”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friend thought we should give this restaurant and we were not disappointed. It was very busy at 8pm on Thursday when we went but we put our name on the list and got a table within 15 minutes of so. We had never had Burmese food and were give a great review of the menu by a member of the staff. We chose a salad (the first one on the list but the name escapes me), the pumpkin chicken curry, and the green beans with shrimp. We also each had a glass of Chardonnay which we were told would go well with our food choices (the wine list was much better than I thought it was going to be). I thought the salad was ok (maybe too garlicy for me, but I had been warned) but the rest really was fantastic. It all tasted very fresh and came to the table quite quickly. It reminded me a bit of Indian food and a bit of Thai food. If you like either of those, I suspect you will really like Burmese food.

My friend and I don't see each other much so we were trying to catch up with each others news. It is a bit noisy for that so if you are looking for a place for a quiet conversation this is not it. But if you want some interesting good food, this is a great place. And it is quite close to the airport so convenient if you are near there and have time for a meal.

• Visited November 2012
Burlingame, California
“Come early, or put your name on the list!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Never had Burmese fare? Great place to try it! Excellent authentic dishes, good service and the servers are very helpful with suggestions.

Visited October 2012
North Carolina
“Interesting and delicious meal”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by the innkeeper from our stay in Mendocino and we were not disappointed. We had never had Burmese food and the waiter was very helpful in helping us order. There were so many different flavors and interesting combinations, we had the tea leaf salad (doesn't sound that good, but wonderful!), mango chicken, and eggplant. It is a small restaurant and very busy and noisy, so not the best if you're looking for a romantic dinner. We were able to call ahead, they said they didn't take reservations for 2, but if you call 30 min before arrival, you shouldn't have to wait long and we didn't.

• Visited August 2012