“Hidden gem! Don't let the exterior deter you!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Tapatio Restaurant
Ranked #236 of 430 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 31, 2012

While visiting friends in LA, they said we had to eat at this place. When we pulled up I wasn't so sure. We got a parking place out back and went inside. Nothing fancy. Clean and colorful. Our sever was Lupe. He was very nice, which I haven't seen a lot of while in the LA area. I was born and raised in the south where we have manners and are known for our hospitality, so it was refreshing to have good hospitable service here (haven't had it anywhere else in the LA area this trip). Lupe got us a high chair for my friend's baby quickly and answered questions I had about the menu, since it was my first time there. I ordered the plate with four little tacos. I tried the shredded beef, marinated pork, steak and chicken. The tortillas tasted homemade. The salsa had just the right amount of heat and flavor for me. This is the kind of food I am going to crave once I return home to the east coast, and will have to revisit next time I am back in Cali.

1  Thank Sugarfoot57
There are newer reviews for El Tapatio Restaurant
Reviewed November 21, 2010

El Tapatio is amazing. Seriously, my favorite place in Burbank. I am in Burbank every other weekend and I always go at least once.

The food is amazing. Love the fish tacos. Love the nachos. Love the Horchata or the Tamarindo juice. It is also super cheap.

Beyond the amazing food, the staff are the nicest people I've ever met. They always offer free refills (even to these non-fountain drinks I love). They have even asked me if I would like a refill as I was walking away.
(And when I said, "Well, alright, just give me half the cup", the guy came back with a full cup and said, "Oh sorry, I forgot.")

The patio is nice and cute and the food comes out quickly.

I love El Tapatio and recommend it to anyone who will listen!!

1  Thank AleksEydelman