“Delicious food”

Porto's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Burbank
Cuisines: Cafe, Cuban, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryville, Tennessee
“Delicious food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This bakery has such a great variety of food and drink items, friendly staff and vibrant atmosphere. Both counters had lines back to the door the day I visited, and I was told that is common. The portion sizes are extremely generous, and most of the prices are reasonable enough that you don't have to break the bank to try several different items. The service was a little on the slow side, but given their traffic, it is understandable. Order one of several different things, then go back for your favorites!

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Orovada, NV
“Worth the wait, don't miss it!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm not a fan of waiting, anywhere, but Porto's is so worth it. You have to wait for a spot in the parking lot, you wait in line to get in the door, you wait in another line to order your food at the counter, then you wait for the food to come to your table. Porto's has the best coffee I've ever had, full-bodied, but not bitter at all. We had Cubano sandwiches, which were also very good (not Miami good, but good for California), and flan, which was divine! The cakes and pastries were beautiful works of art!

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Great value as a bakery”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We got takeout pastries and were quite satisfied with both the selection and the prices. We went on a Sunday morning and did not have to wait. Turnovers and such were under $1, and chocolate croissant and lemon bundt cake about $1.60.

• Visited December 2012
NJ
“Overrated”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

While visiting a friend, I was told I had to stop by Porto’s Bakery for breakfast. When we arrived, the place was packed so I thought that was a good sign of the quality of food. Unfortunately, I wasn’t all that impressed. I ordered a cinnamon bun which was served room temperature. Everyone knows cinnamon buns are best warm when the icing is dipping! I also ordered a cherry turnover which I had no complaints about. I ordered a hot chocolate as well but didn’t drink it because it was frothy – YUCK!! My friend had the Brioch which she too said would have been better warmed up. All in all, I would say this is definitely a place to pass by.

• Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Always good”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Go to this location and the one in Glendale too. Usually crowded but dont mind the wait. Everything is fresh and yummy

Visited December 2012