“It's Greek!”

Add it.
The Golden Chicken
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Sounds like Chinese food, but is actually very good mediteranean.
Must have changed the signs to 'Greek and Mediterranean Restaurant, The Golden Chicken"

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stumbled on this place down the street from the holiday inn, very pleased with the food and ambience

Reviewed November 21, 2010

After an outstanding day at the "rA Organic Spa" in downtown Burbank, my wife and I were looking for a nice restaurant to eat dinner at on Friday evening, November 12, 2010, when we came across "The Golden Chicken" restaurant, advertising Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. I am sorry to say, but we were underwhelmed. Ideally located at 164 E. Palm Avenue in downtown Burbank, "The Golden Chicken" is clean and presents well. Yet we had hoped for so much more.

Now, perhaps I am biased since I live in the Greater Vancouver area of British Columbia with its abundance of high-end restaurants and great little ethnic eateries, including numerous Greek and Mediterranean restaurants. But I should have known better when I reviewed the Menu and noted that there was no kalamari (squid) on the Menu. For me, and many of my friends, the tell-tale sign of a Greek restaurant's quality is how well they do their kalamari. Given that "The Golden Chicken" did not even offer kalamari, I should have known...

In any event, my wife and I shared a hummus and pita bread for an appie, then we both had chicken gyros with Greek salads for our main courses. The pita bread was very thin and hard. While the gyros were edible, the Greek salads were a tasteless lettuce with a little cucumber, tomato and feta cheese on top (Tip: Greek salad, or horiatiki salata, should be made of juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, sliced red or sweet onion, crumbly feta cheese and plump kalamata olives, in a light olive oil based dressing. Chopped green peppers can be added as well. Lettuce -- on the other hand -- has no place in a Greek salad!).

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is perfect, I rate "The Golden Chicken" as a very disappointing 5.

1  Thank carfaxdave