“Great Go To”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Whenever I can't decide what to eat for dinner or know I don't want to cook - tallyrand is a good staple. There's nothing fancy about the place but the food is always good and people are always nice.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

After taking the Warner Brothers Studio VIP tour on a Monday morning, I decided to try the Tallyrand for lunch. (It's less than 1.5 miles up Olive Ave from the WB building.) The parking lot was almost full (a good sign). Heading in, I was quickly seated, surrounded by the American diner decor and atmosphere. Looked like there was a bar down the stairs at the back of the main dining area.
The place was well-patronized, as I expected, and the menu was large. I finally ordered the fish and chips, with a side salad and fruit cup. The waitress, I think her name was Marty, offered some great suggestions for what to order and how. It was a delight to deal with someone who knew her job so well. The meal was well-prepared, and it was ample enough that the blueberry muffin she brought me at the end was simply too much -- she had to bag it for me to go. Back at the hotel that evening, I finished the delicious muffin and reflected on the thoroughly delightful lunch I'd had that day. Tallyrand will definitely be on my list to return to, the next time I'm in LA/Burbank.
The ample lunch ran to a little over $12, before tip. Well worth it, say I.

1  Thank kay-cee-1138
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very friendly...great location...lots of comfort food...the turkey dinner was very nice. Easy walking distance from the Coast Annabelle.

Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Reviewed May 10, 2014

What attracts me to this place is not really the food, which is at best above average to good, but that it's very local.

It's that even though the staff don't recognise me (because I'm so far, just a once-a-year visitor), I do recognise some of them. I see the familiar faces.

But what made this visit exceptional is on this visit that I sat next to an old patron of Tallyrand, who goes by the name of Ruthie. Spunky lady. She's old, but her mind is sharp as a tack.

It's such experiences that paint with vibrant colour what would otherwise be an above average visit.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

What can you say about this place other than it delivers on exactly what it sets out to be. It is a classic mid-century diner. Excellent, old fashioned, hearty American, classic diner food. Modestly priced and wonderfully tasty, I think the stand-out here is the cappuccino muffin (heated up) - yum!!! they have terrific sandwiches, breakfasts, salads and entrees. If you want good food at good prices - with no pretense whatsoever - this is the place! Enjoy!

1  Thank feiden