“"Meh"”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was told this was a great place for breakfast, but I would say it was just ok. The prices were good, and the portions large, but the quality was just ok, and service wasn't great. They do have awesome hashbrowns though!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I ate at the Tallyrand Restaurant in Burbank, CA on 7/1/2012. It was my 2nd time there. Tallyrand has been around a long time - over 50 years. I got there before 7:00 a.m. and was pleasantly surprised that they were already open. They have a huge breakfast menu. 10 of what they call their "Favorite Omelettes" or you can combine your own. Most of their "Favorite Omelettes" are $8.95. Also, most breakfast items you can think of are available - including item #3 Two Poached Eggs, item #5 French Toast , and item #8 Corned Beef Hash. I tried their "Chili Hash" (Seasoned Potatoes, Chili, Jack & Cheddar, Ham, Bell Pepper and Onion) for $6.95. If you add two eggs it would be $7.95. It was great. Good food and good service - I will go back again.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

While the decor is dated, the food is deliciously simple and inexpensive to boot. I haven't found a single thing here that I did not like.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Good food, good service, and decent prices. Restaurant has been there for 50 years. You could hear the locals talking indicating it has a good reputation locally. Fresh baked muffins made daily are really good! Went for breakfast and split an omelet which was large enough for two along with fresh fruit. Everything was cooked well with good sized portions and of course served timely. Juice was fresh squeezed!

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Against my better intuition I went to Tallyrand with a friend. I haven't been here in over 10 years and once here I realized why I don't care for the place. It's old, service slow, dirty, especially in the lower dining room. Food was not good. If it takes another 10 years, I'll remember not to come back. There are better places in Burbank.

1  Thank Ron M