“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I would not consider myself to be a picky traveler, and this was the worst hotel stay of my life. The condition of the room was awful- stains on the carpet, small holes in the ceiling, hair in the bathroom, peeling paint, and very old furniture and TV. Even the gross conditions are not the reason for my bad review. The service was the worst part. First, my husband called down to the front desk for the WIFI code. The young man told him to hold on, but did not call back until 2:30 IN THE MORNING! It's not like we were really asleep though, because every passing truck or seedy guest walking by our door sounded like they were actually in the room. It was one of those nights where you are lying awake just waiting for morning. In the morning I went to take a shower but could not get it to turn on. It took my husband about 10 minutes to get the faucet unstuck. Next, the toilet chain broke and would not flush. I called down to the front desk and explained, and he said somebody would be right up. About 10 minutes later a young girl (no uniform, not sure she was actually an employee) was at our door wordlessly shoving a plunger at me. I explained again that it was not a plunger issue, and she left without a word. Several more minutes passed before the same man who had checked us in was in our room (still in the same clothing) pulling the back of the toilet off and explaining that we would just have to reach in and pull the chain when we wanted to flush the toilet. Are you kidding me? No offer to switch rooms or anything. At that moment my husband and I packed up our things and left, deciding that we would just find another hotel for the remainder of the weekend. At the front desk my husband asked for some kind of discount, and the young man refused. While he was talking, I ventured over to the breakfast area. I found the coffee maker sitting on the floor, and decided I would not try anything else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank El C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed here several times and each time the desk staff was very helpful, rooms were clean, everything was working as supposed to, breakfast was excellent and in the same lot as the hotel is a jack in the box with 24hr drive thru. Its just off 5fwy so easy to get everywhere. I would definately stay here again and highly recommend it for the price!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel early and request what you want. The desk staff is very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed there for the 4th of July holiday and if you are looking for convenience, this is the place you want to be. Their room was spacious and we love their complimentary breakfast was excellent. Right next door is a fastfood and right across is a gas station. It's only few minutes away from Universal Studio Hollywood and the Hollywood Sign. My family and I had a great time here. All the workers, especially the manager, were friendly. Thank you for your awesome service :)

Room Tip: Executive Suite is very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dallas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed two weeks there. I would definitely stay here again. I read so many great reviews here on trip advisor and decided to book this hotel. I'm sure glad I did! All of the fabulous reviews are true! Excellent beds!! Lovely atmosphere, comfortable and very clean rooms, attention to details, good quality complimentary toiletries, coffee, tea and microwave, fridge in room. The breakfast is GREAT! The evening reception guy is very good (Johnny). Staff is warm, friendly and helpful. Parking, WiFi & shuttle service are free.

Room Tip: ask for manager special
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Ok here is the situation I checked in on 7-7-12 at 0230 in the morning went to check out at 11 am on the 8th of July paid the clerk cash 111.00 and change for another night since I needed more sleep, asked for a receipt and the clerk said get it when you check out, well at 1:30 pm plans changed and I went to check out and the clerk ripped me for checking out late when I had paid for the whole nite, tried to get a refund but she said no you need to check with the manager so I called the main office and got the run around,and then they had the gall to charge my credit card again needless to say I will never stay at this Hotel again and will be hard pressed to stay at any of this chains hotels

Room Tip: Train tracks right accross the street
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Upon check-in at 10pm Thurs night (June 14th, 2012) the hotel manager was VERY rude when I verified it was a non-smoking room, he said they were out. I stated how important it was for a N/S room since I'm allergic and will be very sick the next morning (I was), he just shrugged and blew me off. He asked why I reserved a smoking room then, I told him I didn't, why would I? I travel very frequently, I'm very aware of reserving N/S rooms. Not once did he ever apologize for the inconvenience. I asked him whatever happened to customer service. When I asked about an air freshener for the room, he said Housekeeping has that, they'll be open in the morning, a lot of good that would do me for that night. When I asked why they don't have an air freshener spray at the front counter for situations like this, and late check-ins, he just shrugged again and cussed at me. I asked if he was the Hotel manager (Johnny), he was, I said, "No wonder there's no customer service, you can't get in trouble with your boss. Well I'll be reporting you to the head office." (Which I did, reported everything.) He said I was the worst customer he's ever had and ripped the registration form out of my hand as I was filling it out, refusing to check me in AND refusing to refund my money (pre-paid through Travelocity as Top Secret Hotel)!! Had to go back to my car and call Travelocity to resolve the issue. They said it was non-refundable on their end so I told them to “make it right” since the Hotel Manager can’t be refusing to refund my money if he refuses to allow me to check in. After being placed on hold for several minutes, they finally came back on the line and said the Hotel Manager agreed to check me in. (If I had the extra money, I would have gone elsewhere, but I had pre-paid for 3 nights and couldn’t afford to lose that money.) When I was finally checking in, I asked to have my Delta Skymiles number added for credit, he refused, said it was a pre-paid reservation. I thought of saying, "It's still good money!" but I kept silent since I was planning on reporting him to Choice Hotels later. (They later credited me over the phone.) After check-in I had to go to a grocery store down the road (open late) to buy some Air Freshener for the room, it was so stinky with stale smoke. Opened window for fresh air, but still woke up with a raspy voice the next 3 mornings. Sprayed Febreze on the bedding, drapes, carpet, air, everything! The store didn't have any Oust.
Took pictures of the room (see attached), not up to Codes, broken smoke detector, no fire sprinklers in the room; broken handles on dresser drawers, difficult to open drawers. VERY noisy through the door, needs insulation. Carpets not vacuumed, long blonde hair on the carpet (I'm brunette). Breakfast room size of a postage stamp, 3 small tables, no more than 2 people can be in serving area at same time, poor choice of breakfast items, frozen Eggo waffles, EXPIRED date on yoghurt all 3 mornings.
The ONLY good thing about this place was it's less than a mile from Burbank airport and the free WiFi. This property is not up to Quality Inn standards, both in service and property quality, which chain I always used to stay for the DL Skymiles credit.
Upon returning home, when I reported him to Choice Hotels, I eventually got an Apology letter from the hotel manager (Johnny), but he blamed everything on his hotel staff! HE was the only one I dealt with! I also told Travelocity that this property should NOT be in their inventory at all, let alone offered as a Top Secret Hotel, WAY overpriced. Maybe it's a 1-star stretching it.
Pass this one by!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank RockinLittleAngel
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I took my families to visit to Universal Studio in May 2012. We stayed at Quality Inn for two days. We enjoyed staying there very much. The front desk person was friendly and Flexible. The room was nice and clean. I would stay in the hotel again when I visit LA.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family