“First timers will be going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Granville

Granville
Ranked #3 of 420 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“First timers will be going back”
Reviewed May 27, 2008

First, if you do not eat red meat, bypass this review since the dishes I will discuss both contained meat. Second, this review pertains to the new location in Glendale, CA, which is not yet posted here.

In a word, wonderful. From beginning to end, all positive, only one minor "heads up" about condiments you may want to take note of.

My wife and I were told the wait would be 15-20 minutes and had a seat at the packed bar(got lucky that two people were getting up to leave just as we entered). Drinks were reasonably priced -$6 glass of white wine, $7 for Jacks Daniels and coke. We generally pay $15 to $18 total for those two drinks at other comparable restaurants so that was a break to us. We only sat for 10 minutes when were seated. Service was polite and professional and the food came hot. My wife ordered the rib-eye salad and I got their "signature" item of the bacon and blue cheese burger. Everything was good, even the french fries were tasty and thick. The burger and fries were so good I didn't drown them in ketchup like I normally do. This burger, though pricey, is as good as advertised. The dressing on my wife's salad was terrific and the meat was tender.

Our food bill came to $25(we paid for the drinks earilier) for the salad, the burger and they charge an extra buck to give you regular fries in place of the potato chips that normally come with the burger. We enjoyed it all. The one quibble I had came with the ketchup. Rather than a bottle you get a tiny little shot glass size worth. I had to ask for a second but as I said, I did not use it a lot.

The AAA wrote this chain up recently as a trendy place to give a shot to and I suggest you at least try it once.

Monterey
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed April 14, 2008

We ate here with our children and had a very pleasant Sunday lunch. We sat on the patio, and enjoyed the chic, pleasant outdoor seating. The service was decent to above average and the food choices were wonderful. So many things I wanted to try...

I ended up with the spring salad. The dressing had a nice flavor, and with the chicken, simple but going nicely with the other flavors, was quite filling. They were a bit skimpy with the gorgonzola, fruit and candied pecans, but it was a good meal with good flavors. The gorgonzola was fantastic.

My children weren't thrilled with their macaroni, but that's only because it wasn't kraft. I actually took it home to eat later. We also enjoyed the sweet potato fries, although the blue cheese sauce wasn't my favorite - perhaps it would have gone better if they had been more generous with the herb seasoning on the fries. My husband's sandwich was very tasty, and we would definitely eat here again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I LOVE this restaurant...great atmosphere and fantastic food...make sure you get the Uptown Mac & Cheese and sweet...”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I LOVE this restaurant...great atmosphere and fantastic food...make sure you get the Uptown Mac & Cheese and sweet potato fries for an appetizer

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Oh, Granville Cafe. I really want to like you. You're so pretty inside. So inviting. Burbank really needs a...”
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Oh, Granville Cafe. I really want to like you. You're so pretty inside. So inviting. Burbank really needs a restaurant that looks like you. But your food is bland and uninspired. You have good intentions, but the taste just isn't there. (What's really troubling is that the owners of this restaurant want Granville to become a chain and inspire a line of frozen dinners in supermarkets, a la Wolfgang Puck. Says so on their website. Is that why the food is so middle of the road?) My recommendation: Put the empire building on hold. Find a new chef, come up with better recipes, and concentrate on making this first restaurant an excellent dining experience.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook