“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Review of Granville

Granville
Ranked #3 of 426 Restaurants in Burbank
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Monterey
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed April 14, 2008

We ate here with our children and had a very pleasant Sunday lunch. We sat on the patio, and enjoyed the chic, pleasant outdoor seating. The service was decent to above average and the food choices were wonderful. So many things I wanted to try...

I ended up with the spring salad. The dressing had a nice flavor, and with the chicken, simple but going nicely with the other flavors, was quite filling. They were a bit skimpy with the gorgonzola, fruit and candied pecans, but it was a good meal with good flavors. The gorgonzola was fantastic.

My children weren't thrilled with their macaroni, but that's only because it wasn't kraft. I actually took it home to eat later. We also enjoyed the sweet potato fries, although the blue cheese sauce wasn't my favorite - perhaps it would have gone better if they had been more generous with the herb seasoning on the fries. My husband's sandwich was very tasty, and we would definitely eat here again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I LOVE this restaurant...great atmosphere and fantastic food...make sure you get the Uptown Mac & Cheese and sweet...”
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I LOVE this restaurant...great atmosphere and fantastic food...make sure you get the Uptown Mac & Cheese and sweet potato fries for an appetizer

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Oh, Granville Cafe. I really want to like you. You're so pretty inside. So inviting. Burbank really needs a...”
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Oh, Granville Cafe. I really want to like you. You're so pretty inside. So inviting. Burbank really needs a restaurant that looks like you. But your food is bland and uninspired. You have good intentions, but the taste just isn't there. (What's really troubling is that the owners of this restaurant want Granville to become a chain and inspire a line of frozen dinners in supermarkets, a la Wolfgang Puck. Says so on their website. Is that why the food is so middle of the road?) My recommendation: Put the empire building on hold. Find a new chef, come up with better recipes, and concentrate on making this first restaurant an excellent dining experience.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Granville? Share your experiences!