“Disappointing: Eat in same day or suffer dry cupcakes”
Review of Yummy Cupcakes

Yummy Cupcakes
Ranked #5 of 10 Bakeries in Burbank
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing: Eat in same day or suffer dry cupcakes”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Folks in my office love this place since its the closest cupcake bakeries and we often get them for birthday celebrations, while its still a fad. I've tried several flavors over the years, some newer flavors like Blueberry pancake (only found maybe 4 blueberries in total, does not taste like blueberries at all, very disappointing as it had overwhelming cinnamon flavor), Lemon Tart bar (good tang from lemon), and good ol' Red velvet (I still don't get what the hype is with Red Velvet), Old School (creamy center), Key Lime Pie (get a nice pucker taste), Coconut (boring white cake), Chocolate Oreo (oreo overload) on the ever revolving menu. At $3.50 to almost $4, I would pick your "flavor" wisely. They all look "yummy" but you should eat them the same day otherwise overnight in the refrigerator completely changes the texture of the cupcakes and they're not that good. Or seal it in an airtight container because they are not that moist nor flavorful. I don't recommend stocking up on them either if you are like me, the first few times and can't resist grabbing 4-6 varieties. Some cupcakes have too much cinnamon added which over the years I've come to dislike. Some cupcakes have way too much frosting, how about adding whipped cream instead? The cream cheese frosting are fairly good. There's also the cupcake truffles which I don't really care for but others rave they're the best. These are over priced for an over hyped fad. How awful is it that I think the Costco blueberry muffins taste better than their cupcakes?

• Visited June 2013

Santa Clarita, California
“Love the carrot cake cupcakes!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

There are always different flavors to try see their calendar of flavors.
They also have mini cupcakes. I bought the plastic containers so out daughter can enjoy them at school for lunch.

Visited December 2012
Santa Clarita, California
“Amazing Cupcakes - Too good to pass up!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We love Yummy Cupcakes and try to stop in whenever we are in Burbank. They are known for their specialty flavors and the large variety of cupcakes they have available to choose from every day. I highly recommend the Fudge Yummy (Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Ganache inside -- very rich, but delicious) and the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cupcake (buttery and flavorful with Brown sugar/cinnamon crumbles throughout and a wonderful vanilla butter frosting on top.) My daughter's favorite is the Frozen Banana cupcake which has a banana cake with banana frosting. It is then dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in nuts. Another great offering is the Lemon Cream Pie Cupcake which has a graham cracker base, a lemon cupcake with lemon curd inside and flavorful creamy whipped cream frosting on top. Mmmmmm! Top quality cupcakes that won't disappoint!!!

Visited July 2012
US
“I wish they were good.”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have been there several times. Every few months we try to give them a other chance as we live very close by. The cake is always dry and no matter what flavor you get, the cake always tastes bland and uninspired. The last time I was there one of the bakers had the nasties looking dirty fingernails with chipped nail polish. Not OK.

• Visited October 2011
Carlsbad, California
“Got milk? Painfully dry.”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was coming through Burbank on my way back to San Diego. A friend told me that this bakery was as good as DC Cupcakes in Georgetown. I purchased 8 cupcakes. 24 bucks. I had intended to buy the minis so that I could taste and not commit to full cupcakes. They would only sell a pre-selected box of 12 minis for twenty bucks. I tried 3 of the 8 cupcakes and was stunned that they were all dry. I am going to infuse the rest of them with a filling so they will be edible. I can tell by putting gentle pressure on the wrappers that they are all dry. I should have believed some of the reviewers. Another problem with their cupcakes is they make them so tall that you can't possibly take a bite and get frosting AND cake, which is what is pleasurable about biting into a cupcake. The Old School flavor was said to have a whipped cream filling. I had high hopes for that one. There was only about a half teaspoon of filling so it didn't help the ratio of moist to dry. Don't waste your money!

Visited June 2011