“One of my favorite places in Burbank” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Lijiang, China
“One of my favorite places in Burbank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I just been staying in Burbank for few months now, after living in Asia for 7 years and considering it my real home I sometimes get a bit nostalgic for the far east, when that happens Tomo is one of two places I go, to me it really feels like the real thing.

I sit at the bar and normally don't have the rolls which is what most people have, they are quite good, but i prefer dishes that seem more authentic, like the sukiyaki and nabemono ramen, they are awesome, specially the first, together with a small bottle of warm house sake i really feel at home.

But probably what makes me feel more welcome at Tomo is Tom the owner and cook, he is the man, he is always really cool and he gives me the chance to talk Mandarin or Japanese with him (he of course also speaks perfect English and some Spanish).

• Visited February 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“VERY good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The place is small but SO delicious! Give it a try if you want to leave stuffed but not empty your wallet!!

Visited August 2013
Burbank
“Tomo Sushi is the best in Burbank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

I have been going to Tomo Sushi since the day he opened, and Tom the owner and chef is a good friend. His Sushi is fresh, Tom is always smiling and always remembers customers, I watch the faces of customers that come in with smiles on their faces. Place is small but does not bother me, I love his Sushi and the friendly atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
NY
“Great Fish, Minimal Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2008

I tried this place based on a recomendation from a local during a business trip to Burbank.

The place is very small, and the ambieance is minimal. The walls are lined with numerous dollar bills decorated by patrons.

The owner and head sushi chef seemed to know most people by first name.

I ordered some Blue Fin Tuna sushi which was very, very good. The Philadelphia roll was okay, but too large and not enough salmon. The Rainbow roll was also very very good.

The prices seemed fair by compairison to other places I have eaten.

Not a place to take a date or client if you want to impress.

Portland, Oregon
“Sometimes, you just get lucky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2008

We needed a vegan friendly place for a late arriving partying and fortunately found Tomo. Very friendly and fast for our hungry group. Not too expensive and lots of selection. Great place and would definitely go back.

Been to Tomo Sushi? Share your experiences!