Portofino Inn Burbank
Coast Anabelle Hotel(Burbank)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay here againshort driving distancefree wifiuniversal studiosfull length mirrorhotel is beautifulpastriesneeded a place to staycheck in was easywarner brosbusy streetbooked this hotelrental carmotelmicrowavesheets
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 5, 2008

The reviews about it being a little "iffy" on the outside are true, but the inside of the rooms are actually decent! We had a flat screen tv, a nice big tub/shower, plenty of sink room, a comfy bed and we got good access to the internet. The only problem we had was when the people next to us were *ahem* banging the bed against the wall at 2 am. I'm a light sleeper and I thought cops were pounding on our door. I jumped out of bed with my heart racing and woke my boyfriend up. 30 seconds later we figured out it was just our sleazy neighbors. My boyfriend called the front desk and they said they'd handle it. 10 minutes later and I could still hear the thumping. I made the second call and was very adament about them making them stop or I was going to be furious. My boyfriend and I put our ears up to the wall and we heard their phone ring and the guy say "ok, sorry about that" and the girl giggled. How rude! But that wasn't the hotel's fault, just inconsiderate people. The breakfast wasn't bad either. We didn't get down there first thing in the morning - because of all that racket in the middle of the night! - but even at 10am there was plenty of food still. There were 4 kinds of cereal, muffins, pastries, coffee, hot chocolate & oatmeal. Our room was clean, the front desk guy was helpful (even though we had to disturb him from watching Family Guy on the computer).
    But overall it was fine. We felt safe, it was close to alot of things and it was affordable!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed August 31, 2008

I stayed at the Portofino Inn for 3 days. It was the only place I could find that was reasonably priced.

When you drive in and check into the Portofino Inn, you get the feeling you are checking into an old motel. But when you get get to the room you are pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, with a large plasma tv, microwave, refrigerator and a pleasant bathroom. They obviously did some extensive renovating to an old motel with very good results.

There were a few negatives. The internet was very sporadic, the breakfast was very mediocre, the room a bit small and parking tight.

However, if I were going back to Burbank, I would strongly consider staying at the Portofino Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    2  Thank hmflyer
    Reviewed August 13, 2008

I flew to Burbank to look for a place to rent. During this time I rented a room from Portofino Inn. They had a very friendly guy at front desk who helped my with all me needs and gave me Ethernet cable for the internet. He said that WiFi wasn't working well. At first glance I thought this would be like a cheap motel you can find anywhere. When I got to the room, I was surprised to see a very clean room with everything brand new. There was a huge queen bed with a lot of pillows and a comfortable mattress. A work desk with an Ethernet outlet, where I easily set up a little work environment. The greatest thing was the big flat screen TV hanging on the wall. The room also had a fridge and a microwave. Showers worked well and were very clean.
    This place had a pool, but by looking at it one could assume that it was out of order for at least a month. At night, when the hotel was completely booked I had no place to park, so the friendly guy at the desk advised me to park at the business next door, but I must move my car by 9am. One night some drunk guests were being loud, screaming gibberish outside the hotel, but it ended in minutes.
    I would recommend this INN to anyone who is in Burbank/LA for a business trip, a person who doesn't need things like pool or a gym. Just a comfortable bed and a good, clean shower.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    1  Thank yurys
    Reviewed August 11, 2008

Stayed in the hotel for three nights. There was three of us in one room and the size and cleanliness of the rooms were very pleasant surpises.

Service was good and also breakfast was better that usually in hotels in this price range.

Location is good when visiting Los Angeles with your own car. Hollywood and Universal studios are quite near and Burbank downtown only a minute away.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    1  Thank Matti_R
    Reviewed August 6, 2008

The exterior is not very attractive but the room was very pleasant. The furniture was new and the flat screen TV was a plus. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. New carpet. The rooms have been renovated but the pool is still being repaired. Also, no guest computer was available but the desk clerk told us one was on order. The parking lot is cramped but we were able to park right next to our room. Rooms are not very sound proof, we heard the couple next door late at night. Very convenient if you are using Burbank airport. Breakfast was adequate. For a great meal, walk a few blocks down Olive to Theresa's family restaurant. Great home cooked food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple