“Solid value”

Portofino Inn Burbank
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great for the price you pay. Rooms are very clean. Decent continental breakfast. Friendly staff. Wi-Fi was pretty strong in our room. The only knock I have on this place is the location. If you have a car (which upon hindsight, we should have rented one) it's not bad. We did Hollywood, Universal Studios and Warner Bros. while we were there, of which those places are actually pretty close. But the motel is nowhere near the subway. Could have saved ourselves probably $50 in cab rides, since Hollywood and Universal are right adjacent to subway stations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoTron

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were going to see the Tonight Show in Burbank, so we wanted something close to the studio. This hotel seem to be the best in the area for the price. We ended up staying 2 nights, but were more than ready to leave by the 3 day. The rooms had been recently renovated, but they were very small and there was hair in the sink, the tub and bathroom floor. Next time I'm in Burbank, I will definitely seek out a different hotel, even if I have to pay more. A lot of noise, too!

Room Tip: The Tonight Show is 1.8 miles from this hotel...we ate at Morton's Steakhouse in Burbank, which...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The service and rudeness at this establishment is incredible. The rooms stinks, the carpet was stained, they charged us an extra $50/ night at the door for a room with a double bed, after i payed in advance with a card, the WiFI repeatedly cut out, and the free breakfast was a joke. Furthermore I was woken up at 9am by an employee trying to get more money out of me. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MrSlimPickins
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I have stayed here at least 5 times. We have always been happy and comfortable here at this hotel. The location is good and close to many things. However, this stay was different. We arrived in early and I called the hotel to see if a room was available for early check in. In the past, there has never been a problem and we have always gotten our room early. The man answered the phone and said no check in is not until 3pm. That was fine. No problem. Then I asked about a late check out for the following day. He told me check out was at 11am and if we wanted a late check out we would have to pay.
So we arrive around 6pm and check in and turns out the man helping us is the owner. We were wanting to split are room fee on 2 separate credit cards. We have done this every time we have stayed here. But for some reason, this time, the OWNER says thats impossible. Can't do it, don't know how that was ever done in the past. So he proceeds to say that the only way to split the payment is if one pays cash and the other can pay on credit card. So thats what we did. But he made this into a huge deal. When we got to our room the set up is all the same. The room was showing some wear and tear. The toilet seat was worn and the bathroom wasn't as clean as it had been in the past. The bureau drawers at least the 2 that I pulled out were broker and wouldn't come out straight. The AC was turned off, so the room was super hot when we checked in. Took forever to cool down. The AC was loud and at night kept coming on and off. Then during the check out we said we would be out around 12 noon. At 12:05 the maid is trying to come into our room, we were just about leaving. Told her we would be leaving in just a few minutes. Then we get a phone call from the owner wanting to know if we are staying another night! He didn't seem to care or want to keep our business. So as a result, we won't be staying there ever again! I would recommend everyone NOT go to this hotel. Its not the same...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kityhwk
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The people were nice, the rooms were clean, tv, microwave, fridge, COMFORTABLE beds! Hassle free check in/out. Good price. Great location. I am very happy with my stay :D

I did have trouble parking that night when I got back because something was being filmed at the Inn, but I was able to park soon after and it was not enough to affect my opinion of the Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank K_Sanders3
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was where my husband and I stayed while visiting LA on our honeymoon. Clean, quiet, and recently renovated, this was such a good find. A good price, and polite staff as well. Rebooked it for our visit this year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan and Erica R
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the first time I've been misled by reviews posted on tripadvisor.com. This hotel has more cons than pros and we will most likely not book here again. My husband and I recently stayed for three nights while visiting our daughter. We have previously stayed at the Tangerine (highly recommend) and thought we'd give this place a try based on posted reviews. Pros: price, good location, plenty of parking, comfortable bed, microwave, refrig, and coffee maker in room. Cons: very small room, thin walls (could hear conversations and the television in the adjoining rooms, worn furniture, a/c shuts off and on during the night, horrible towels - felt like sandpaper and were thin and frayed, the toilet seat was worn and the toilet was missing some pieces, the carpeting had numerous worn spots, and an annoying blue light on the TV that I covered every night. Breakfast consists of various cold cereals, juice that tasted like it was made from a powdered mixture, and coffee. If you want a cheap place for one night, this place will fit your needs, but I wouldn't advise staying here any length of stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room on the upper floor facing west or you will wake up at the crack of dawn. Bring a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family