“Pleasantly Surprised”

Portofino Inn Burbank
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked this room because I had family in town and wanted an affordable room that was central, safe. I was pleasantly surprised w/ the updated room (comfy bed w/ a strong air conditioning unit). It was close to several freeways and attractions (We went to Universal Citywalk, Rodeo Dr., the Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood/Highland, the Getty Center, Griffith Observatory, Santa Monica Pier). A downside to my room was thin walls between rooms or just loud neighbors (that they have no control over) but I was able to hear the people next door (their tv and conversation @ 2 a.m.). Also, the tv has a bright blue light when it's turned off that was bright. I only mention it in case some have trouble sleeping and need complete darkness. FYI, breakfast is some cereal, milk, and juice. Nothing fancy but okay for being part of the price. Overall, though, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would pick a room away from the street. I didn't think it would be loud but I did hear cars s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eatlaughtravel
There are newer reviews for Portofino Inn Burbank

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Room was clean, appreciated the microwave and the free wi-fi. Staff was friendly. Had everything I needed and then some. Parking is close to your room. If I ever have another reason to stay in Burbank, this is where it will be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Recently, we were in Burbank to visit family and attend the "Ellen" Show. We had the pleasure of staying at the Portofino Inn. What an excellent visit. The gentleman that assisted us when we arrived and also helped us to obtain the same rate for our extra day spent there was most pleasant. This hotel is one of the best and I will visit and stay here again. Room was immaculate as was the property. No complaints whatsoever. Best I have experienced in Burbank on several trips there. Thank-you for the great service and hospitality!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jschlutz
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have to say WOW because this is not what I was expecting at all when I drove up to this hotel. On this vacation we stayed at several hotels and this one was the best one. The check in was easy and the clerk helped us allot. Our room was clean and comfortable....the hotel really looks worse then it is from the outside, but the inside WOW it is beautiful. The continental breakfast was ok not as good as some but alright....The downside to this hotel is there is no coffee maker in the room but it did have a fridge, and micro....and the parking is pretty tight but it is well worth it....they do have coffee in the lobby if you really need your java. This is a 4 star hotel for sure! the soap and shampoo was even upscale....you really need to see it to believe it! There was a party going on in one of the rooms just 3 doors away and I was afraid we wouldn't get any rest, but either our room is sound proof or the manager quieted them down when we checked in. Very nice place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor corner unit as they are easier to access and are larger
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandra s
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Portofino Inn for 5 nights, and I have not one complaint about this place! The staff is wonderful, our beds were made every single day, and we always had new towels, etc. The hotel is very clean, the location is perfect, there is free parking, Wifi, and a free breakfast with bagels, pastries, muffins, cereal, coffee, juice… just enough to get your morning started. From the outside, Portofino Inn looks very average, and a bit older, BUT, don’t let that fool you!!!! All of the rooms are newly remodeled, with flat screen TV’s, nice décor, nice linens (thick sheets, nice new comforters). The vanity area is outside of the bathroom, and this is a huge plus for me. There is also a full length mirror, another plus. We are well seasoned travelers, and have been to the best and the worst of places. This place is definitely a gem, and the price can’t be beat. We will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marisa1123
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed multiple nights at the Portofino in Burbank. This was our second time to stay here. We were surprised how much our experience had declined year over year. We found hair on our towels,sheets and pillowcases. The toilet paper holder fell off the wall, the light fixture cover came off. The cleaning staff was rude. They asked us to please hurry and leave our room (We weren't checking out)since we were the last room and it was only noon.

The manager at the front desk does seem nice but there is a disconnect between him and the staff.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ChickenTraveler
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for three nights. It's nicely updated, attractive bathrooms, great linens and comfortable beds. However, the walls are very thin and conversations can be heard clearly from the adjacent rooms. There are large gaps around the entry doors. A little weatherstripping would help. There is no pool or outdoor lounge area. Despite that, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013