“Good Budget Motel”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
San Francisco, California
“Good Budget Motel”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good location...very close to Burbank Airport. Easy to get to multiple freeways and different parts of the LA area. Clean room, but definitely an older property. Free parking and Internet, plus room has fridge and microwave. On the down side...air conditioner made a lot of noise, and mattress was very hard. Took a very long time (5+ minutes) to get hot water. Room was small but adequate if you are only there for a short time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank davec936

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ok, its not the best hotel in the world, but its clean, and has friendly staff. Therefore in my book this is a good hotel/motel. Ensure you visit the Coral Cafe down the road for breakfast too!

The location is great. On the outskirts of the LA, great for Universal Studios.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If anyone needed to complain now is the time...

My family and I had 3 rooms with this hotel and had bad experiences one right after the other.

1. We were never asked if we wanted smoking or non smoking rooms. I have a 7 month old daughter and we were stuck in the smokiest room.
2. The floors were disgusting. After minutes of walking around my feet were black and the same with the other 2 rooms.
3. The place is just overall dirty. Yes the sheets and towels were clean, but everything else is gross.
4. The towels didn't even fit around my daughter, so they are as small as they come.
5. The parking lots are small, Dark and we all felt insecure leaving the car unattended.
6. The pool was closed early every night, so we were never able to use it.
7. We had bugs in the room… no idea what they were…
8. Checkout time was 11am. We were packed up and going to check out at 10:30am… Terry told us in a condescending tone that she already charged out the first two rooms, So with her telling us that I told her that I would pay for the last room in cash so she wouldn’t charge the incorrect card a 3rd time. The groundskeeper was standing next to her the entire time talking about how we should have paid when we first checked in. I handed Terry $400.00 to pay our $337.24 bill. She gave me my change and all the receipts. However she didn’t mark that she received cash for the 3rd room. My mother has now received a credit card statement showing that we were charged 3 times. My Mother contacted Terry and spoke with her and all Terry has said is that she has no record of me paying cash and that she balanced out that night. I called her to walk her through everything that had happened during our checkout to help her remember, but she instantly started arguing with me and hung up on me. Now all that we can do is dispute the charge through the credit card company and never return to this place because Terry is rude, has no respect for any guest and obviously pocketed the money.

Room Tip: Dont go here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Hawkins122

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I hate putting up negative reviews, however, I feel like everyone needs to be weary of this hotel. Here's what I experienced in order of occurance:
1. Two parking lots, inadequate security for both.
2. As you enter the office to check-in, you get this overwhelming smell of patchouli, which is fine except for the office being the size of a port-a-potty.
3. No one was up front and did not come out for two-four mins, which lead me to believe those cameras in the parking lot weren't working. We rang the bell a couple times before someone came out.
4. As the manager/owner or whatever came out, the back room had sofas and clothes pilled up; it just looked so messy and unkemp. We prepaid so we were pretty much stuck there.
5. We had to upgrade our room, which put us at the third floor - no elevators. I only stress this because if you have kids, or others with you, you need to be mindful when brining luggage from the car all the way to the top floors.
6. They advertised breakfast, but it is pre-packaged danishes, and coffee served out of a pot which looked like it needed to deep scrubbing. We purchased breakfast elsewhere.
7. The rooms were eh, ok. However, we had a major toilet leak and had to wait until the next day for maintenance. The beds? Terrible, but I did not expect much from the start, so.
8. There is a pool; however, there's also a mexican restaurant directly behind it - the restaurant patrons get to people-watch since there isn't a covered divider between the two.
9. The hotel keys keep deactivating; which would not have been a big deal had they told us the office closes at 10.
10. There's a room 101 that they use for storage and other stuff but they have not removed the room number. They told us the only room they had was on the thrid floor so, technically, they lied. To be fair, there's no way I would have wanted to stay in that room since it was so close to the front of the unsecured entrance.
11. The towels? OMG bring your own. They even had the nerve to post a sign asking us to recycle the towels so they could save the environment by not having to wash so much. No lie.
12. The microwave looks as if it was white at some point in it's life..some point.
13. Bugs, but that's only because the rooms were stiffling when you walked in.
14. Bathroom? The tub was brownish and that's where the coffee pot was placed. Nothing like making a pot of coffee as you are using the toilet..gross.
15. The lights in the parking lots did not work, neither did the cameras. Someone brought this to their attention and I believe the response was something to the effect of "I know". Which basically made us feel like they had our money, so they could care less.
16. Last (or from what I can remember), the customer service. The man tried to be nice, but the woman just kept talking over and belittling him, all so she could be nasty. Think of the worst customer service experience you had...that's probably better than what you'll receive here. Not to mention, they looked so dirty and just did not care.
Silver lining? The ice machine worked very well.
My advice is to keep driving and only stop there if you have no intentions of staying long.

Room Tip: Try your hardest to book elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sheila W
Dublin, California
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had to stay for 2 nights in this hotel. In comparison to the other Travelodge hotels I have stayed, I would say this one is just average. The property seems to be pretty old and the rooms also have not been renovated for years, the TV, the AC machine are pretty old and I had to struggle to use those. There are very limited parking spots available. Few good points I would say, one is the hotel staff, they were quiet helpful and the second is the hotel is at a very convenient location, near to restaurants and airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Admittedly I was a little nervous about staying in this hotel based on previous reviews. I needed somewhere in Burbank and found most of the accommodation in the area was double if not quadruple the price of the travelodge.

Firstly the shuttle bus which is supposedly offered by the hotel didn't arrive, the supershuttle staff told me I needed to call them but since I'd just arrived without an international phone, there was no way for me to contact them which seemed like a bit of an odd system when the shuttle is offered as a free amenity on their website.

That aside, the hotel is a short journey from Bob Hop airport and so I took a taxi instead.

The lady that checked me in was extremely friendly, she explained about the free breakfast which could be collected from the lobby area and taken back to room.

The room was clean, my bed was comfortable. There was a small dining table with two chairs which was great for eating breakfast.
A chest of drawers with two large drawers was perfect space for a two week stay and there was also a closet with enough hanging space for approx 6-7 coats.

Other amenities include tea/coffee facilities, shower, toilet, sink and a small basket of shower gel, bath and face soap and a shower cap. TV, fridge, microwave as well as a vanity area with a mirror.

The only downside with the room (and I find this in a lot of hotels) was the positioning of plug sockets, there were a couple behind the tv but they were difficult to use with space given between drawers and the size of my international adapter plug. The other location was at the head of the bed in the centre which meant having to pull out the bed every time I wanted to plug something in... in this day and age with all the laptops, phones etc I'm pretty sure this would be a requirement on a daily basis so perhaps if possible there is room for improvement there.

The hotel featured a swimming pool which had a small number of loungers and a table with chairs around it, it was nice to be able to sit there and read but I couldn't imagine spending day after day 'by the pool', it was just a nice added bonus.

The complimentary bear bites breakfast was a small selection of bread/toast, cereal, fruit, pastries and porridge, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and orange juice.

The hotel offers free WIFI, during my stay there was a problem with this and it was unavailable for a few days... since I rely on wifi for communication with my work at home I was a little thrown back when the wifi disappeared however the owners called me and said they could get someone to drive me to another hotel to either use the wifi or move hotels and that they would refund the rest of my stay. I didn't move and so can't comment on how that would have turned out, but just to have been offered the help and assistance without me even asking for it shows the type of owners these are.

Taking note of some previous reviews, it was quite apparent that this hotel has been taken over by new owners and they have and are still doing a fabulous job in improving it. Every morning the place was spotless, the staff were cleaning the stairs, car park, watering the car park area etc it just seemed to me like they were doing their very best to maintain this place and turn it around... so far so good.

Location wise it's based just off Magnolia Blvd which had a good number of shops and restaurants including a number of Vintage stores and also a shop that sold items of clothing that were used in tv which was great to look around.

It was also about a 25-35 minute walk into downtown Burbank, I enjoy walking so this was quite nice for me. It's also walkable to North Hollywood station (if your a walker) or a short cab ride.

Overall I'd definitely recommend this hotel, as far as I'm concerned you can ignore the older reviews and move forward knowing this hotel has fabulous new owners and now offer a friendly and comfortable stay.

plugs down side

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kegan5
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The couple managing this hotel were nice and nothing was to much trouble. They let me check in at 9am. The room was comfortable and spacious. Walking distance to Warner studios. Burbank is a nice area of LA. Quiet and safe.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Steve H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burbank
Holiday Inn Burbank
Nite Inn at Universal City
#132 of 351 in Los Angeles
Safari Inn
#5 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Travelodge Burbank-Glendale? Share your experiences!