“Not the worst hotel I have stayed in, but it is getting close”

Ramada Burbank Airport
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
EDMONTON
“Not the worst hotel I have stayed in, but it is getting close”
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at the end of August. Check in was ok, the desk staff were reasonably attentive and accommodating. We received our parking pass and room keys. It would have been nice to have received a few directions to help find the room. The elevator was down the hall, outside in the courtyard, not exactly where I would have anticipated. And not the fastest elevator either. The stairways we used seemed dark, dank and not a place I would want to hang out in, but they were the fastest way to and from the second floor.

The whole hotel looks like it is in dire need of a renovation. The elevator is old, but serviceable. Just don’t expect any great speed from it and it does have an assortment of interesting noises. The room had a stale, old smell to it, but the air conditioning worked and the smell went away quickly. The room needed renovation, old carpet, with a large burn from the iron in front of the sink. Mold/mildew in the silicone between tub/shower and the corner of the floor. The floor was lumpy under the carpet. Not sure how they managed that. The beds were they best feature in the room. They appeared to be quite new and very comfortable. I didn't see any sign of insect activity in the room when we checked in. unfortunately when I was packing up our things from the sink area I came across several ants crawling on the counter top. They seemed to be coming from around the tap area, though I didn't spend that much time studying their movements as we had a plane to catch.

The pool was small, but nice even if it was not heated and the courtyard is very nice to look at. The remaining views are less picturesque. Our room overlooked the roof of the first floor lounge/restaurant.

The parking is tight. I am glad our rental was a smaller car; a full size car or pick up would have difficulty finding enough space to maneuver. If the hotel is full, you may have to park across the street in the overflow lot.

The attached restaurant does put out decent food. We ate breakfast there the one morning and were not disappointed with the food. The coffee on the other hand, could have been better.

Overall, I was glad I didn't have to pay for the room as I used reward points, but was not up to the standards I would expect from a Ramada hotel. Other than the bed I would rate the hotel at 1 star. If I return to Burbank, I would probably choose a different place to stay.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — funky smells and ants
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Falling_Ken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Limerick
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed here October 2007 and I would never again. It was awful, I was nervous leaving my luggage in the room when we went out for dinner. Not worth it. Pay a bit more and be safe.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank SusanC80

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

biloxi
Reviewed July 4, 2008

We came into LA on July 4. Called several hotels. Many were booked or wanted 150 to 200. Stayed here for 100. Old hotel. The lobby is very nice. One elevator was open and about a foot below the floor. The working elevator made loud sounds. Had a hard time finding the stairs. Our first room had ants in the bathroom. Called the desk and they moved us to a new room. Needs to be updated. Did not feel clean. Booked another hotel for the next night. A little further away from where we wanted to be but will be worth the drive.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — dirty feel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ixolib
Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We were on the last night of a 10 night driving tour of CA and NV and had been staying at places like DoubleTree and Country Inn & Suites, so I did not expect the Ramada room to be up to those same standards... HOWEVER: The floor was hillocky and uneven (It felt like maybe there had been tiles on the floor and some were missing and it was just carpeted over), the sink faucet would not shut off properly, the bedding was literally threadbare (you could see the pattern on the pillows through the pillowcases), the room smelled like the 70's, and when I sat down on the couch I sank down halfway to China! The elevator was wheezing and shaking and frightening to ride in and the parking situation was untenable (if their tiny cramped lot is full, they make you park across the street next to the railroad tracks, which leaves you feeling very nervous about the state of your vehicle when you return to it the next morning... if it is still there). The AC units are quite loud and the front window did not want to latch properly, which left me feeling like my belongings were unsafe as well. This location seems to be a magnet for Indian people having large noisy wedding parties (when we returned to our room at 1:30am we saw the bride and groom still running around and partying) but we were so exhausted we just shut our room door as best we could and tried to ignore the running water and AC noise and get some sleep.

• Liked — it was cheap, I guess
  • Disliked — the state of the property itself
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank inflatablelover
Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2008

We stayed here one night to save some money. Never again. The staff was unfriendly and the room was a disaster. The bed fell apart upon out arrival and a security guard came up to fix-it. Room was dirty with mold in bath room. We had an early flight out and no car , so we had no choice but to spend 8 hours we will never get back. The franchisee should be made to live there for a week. Train and freeway noise served as white noise from all the yelling in the halls all night.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank codemanOhio
Minnesota, USA
Reviewed May 17, 2008

The ramada was a decent hotel and the price was reasonable. The ambiance of the pool and the bar in the lobby was really nice,

Me and about 4 other people were there for work. When we arrived to check in, the hotel clerks were lacking, to say the least. They were not friendly, they had bad attitudes, and they were unhelpful. Even the smallest request seemed like it was a huge chore to them.

I was unimpressed, to say the least.

When we went to check out, my fiance found out his ipod was missing from the dresser top. Maybe it was us being niave to believe no one would steal our stuff, but nonetheless, when we confronted the front desk about our missing ipod, they told us to go file a police report, and "the maid says she didn't take it."

We have stayed in many hotels, and nothing has ever gone missing in one until now. It was disconcerning for the ipod to go missing, but what was even more disturbing was the way the front desk just brushed it off. They didn't even fake like they cared, they just straight out didn't give a hoot that we were dissatisfied with the care and service of the place.

One other thing that was kind of weird about the front desk...when we were checking in, we asked if we could get a percentage discount, since we would be renting multiple rooms for two weeks. It didn't matter that we couldn't get a cheaper deal, we just ask because it doesn't hurt, and sometimes you get a better deal, but in this case, the front desk told us...and I quote.."if you want a cheaper room, go to the Quality Inn down the road."
Now that seems a little strange to me that the front desk of the Ramada would suggest to us to go down the road to a different hotel...especially when we just asked a simple question.

The hotel was perfectly fine....the pool wasn't heated though....but the front desk staff were the most unhelpful, snotty hotel people I have ever come across. I would NOT stay again because of them.

• Liked — the bar in the lobby
  • Disliked — The people at the front desk and freezing pool
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank AlainaMRZ
New England
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I found the hotel after consulting the hotelcouponguide. The price was great. The hotel is just off the interstate and close to the Burbank Airport. There is lots to do in the immediate area. The hotel is quaint and kind of smallish. My non smoking king room was clean and fresh looking. The rooms are centered around a court yard and swimming pool. There is a cafe and bar off of the hotel lobby and looking over the court yard. My full hot breakfast at the cafe was less then $10 and very good. I would definitely return to this hotel. For the greater Burbank - Hollywood area this is extremely nice hotel (considering the reasonable price).

• Liked — Value for the dollar
  • Disliked — Nothing - based on value rate
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business