“Renovation required” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
NORTH HAVEN
“Renovation required”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very OLD, poorly maintained hotel. Holes in walls, rust in the sink, drastically scuffed/damaged vanity, very loud air conditioner (couldn't run and sleep), literally NO water pressure in the shower, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Peter H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
PHOENIX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I never flll these things out. Never. But I was so pleased with my stay, that I wanted to write something down. First, the staff was very nice and friendly. Very kind. The courtyard was so cute, filled with tropical plants. My room was better equipped than many rooms in "luxury hotels" that I stayed in - the little extras go a long way. All in all, I love this place, and I'll stay there whenever I go back to LA again. Really nice and cute and friendly. The shuttle they provided was run by the nicest guy (Frank) who was extremely courteous and helpful. The host at the restaurant was nice and friendly. It felt like the people who worked there really, really liked their jobs, which is so refreshing.

I stayed at the Mariott last year (same business trip) and I was much happier here at the Ramada. Not to mention, it was half the cost.

Anyway, I highly recommend this place. Seriously.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Nicole G
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks because I was doing renovations to a house we purchased up Burbank Hills. Yes it is noisy and the hotel can get a little dirty but that's because of some of the people staying there. People smoke outside their rooms and large groups stay here as well as truckers. I looked at 2 rooms before I chose to stay on the final 3rd room. The other rooms were smoky and one was really run down. But not all rooms are like that. I chose a room at the ground floor that was in great shape, didn't get as much freeway noise and was easy access from parking and the restaurant. Because of this I didn't get to see a lot of the rest of the hotel on a regular basis so I was pleased. The restaurant is pretty good for breakfast and the bar is also decent with a very nice bartender.
Overall, if you are on a budget, I will definitely recommend it. Just look at the rooms first.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms get less freeway noise and also you can avoid the elevator which is super slow
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingCookies
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here with my family awhile back. We were on our way down to San Diego from Seattle, Wa. Everyone was tired so we decided to stop in and see if there was a room available. Unfortunately for us there was one room left near the kitchen.

Room was dark and dirty. There were roaches crawling on the bed. As exhausted as I was from the road trip I could not sleep a wink. Kept feeling something crawling on me and sure enough it was a roach. We complained to the front office staff but, no one seemed to care.

That left a bad taste in my mouth and will definitely stay away from this Ramada in forsure and will NOT stay in any in the future. I wish I had something positive to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Thiri E

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Sacramento, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I used this hotel on a trip to universal studios. Driving is a must for Univ Studios. However, it is very close by to the Burbank airport. The staff was very nice and helpful at all times. They even let us check in early. The shower fluctuated from hot to cold but other than that I have no complaints. Great hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked this room for much less than other chain hotels in the area, so I knew I wasn't going to get a brand new room for our stay. The rooms are fairly large and I found my bed to be comfortable. The rooms face the pool and have a large window, so you can hear when screaming children are splashing around, not so good if you are a daytime sleeper. We didn't have a problem with freeway/traffic noise as our room was opposite the freeway. We also had ants, but our stay was short and since the ants stayed in the bathroom and sink area we tolerated them. The A/C conked out overnight on the last night though. Maybe I book a lot of cheaper rooms so I wasn't too surprised by this one being less than perfect, and for the price I can't knock it too much... Except for the ants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway and inspect the bathroom for ants!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank x x
SUN VALLEY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

first off there is no way this place is worth 150 a night ,its run down dirty , noisy.
no laundry , no comp breakfast, the free hi speed internet is so slow i could not even watch a utube video the tweekers and drunks were smoking in front of my room all night.
the refrigerator had to be replaced. i lost the food that i bought.
do not stay here unless your a drunk ,or a tweeker........
oh and bring you own pillow the pillows you can sit on them and they still are to big
the bed slanted to the left and had been there for a very long time.THIS PLACE NEEDS A LOT OF HELP!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business