“Nice Hotel near Universal Studios Hollywood”

Holiday Inn Burbank
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
“Nice Hotel near Universal Studios Hollywood”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Our family had a nice stay and would recommend this hotel to others. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable, very clean and conviniently located.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 4, 2010

The rooms are larger than many these days, but still older. Probably just the bed linens and carpet have been updated. Beds are comfortable and clean. Bathroom was pink tile, tub was clean however. Room had a flat screen way over in the corner, but it rotated around for viewing. There is a mini fridge and microwave which is always handy. Best part is the Burbank location to downtown, things to do. Black Angus, BJs and others across the street. Breakfast was pretty good (pay for that), free parking in garage. The 18th floor lounge was quiet with great views as the room had also. 129 per night made it reasonable. If you are expecting more upscale luxury, you'll need to go elsewhere.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Got this hotel on hotwire for about $85 a night. It's not the best deal but I am happy with the added service this hotel have. Pros- free parking (which is really needed especially in L.A. since all need cars to drive) Free room wifi which is a real plus since I got to check my emails everyday. With room microwave, ref, coffee maker, iron board, TV, spacious room, comfy bed, cleaned and serviced well everyday, free shuttle service to burbank airport (but we never use it), self coin laundry on the main floor only a dollar for a cycle wash $0.50/ detergent pack and $1 for dryer.... very useful since we stayed here for 1 week. sodas on vending machine is only $1. close to Universal studio, driving to Disneyland is about 1hr by day and 30 mins by night. Close to burbank towncenter mall can be reached by walking for about 10 mins. There is a Ralphs close by, Walgreen, Trader's Joe, CVS all about 5-7 mins of driving away. There are some good restaurant close by just right across the street. of the hotel. It is very close to the I-5 freeway exit so easily accessible but not really noisy as well as our room was on 17th floor and quite a good view of the mountains. Cons- a bit old and outdated hotel already. Not really decorated nicely. Very basic hotel that service the airline industry and some conferences that is happening on the hotel. In room coffee doesn't taste good, hotel restaurant is not really good as well. Don't have nice toiletries such as free toothbrush, razors, etc. but I believe can be ask for if you try. However, overall I do believe this is a good hotel to stay since most of the basic things are relatively free or in minimal amount. I was originally book for 4 days only but end up extending my stay as I had an emergency and I didn't try to move to another hotel since I feel that this hotel serves my basic needs well.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Airzona
Reviewed March 5, 2010

This hotel is centrally located and blocks from the mall, and has a free airport shuttle. The hotel is in need of a complete remodel and most of the staff is helpful. This hotel is very expensive during the week but the room rates are cut in half on the weekends. The air circulation and air conditioning is very poor.This hotel in my opinion is worth only $50 a night so book on hotwire or priceline. the hotel does have a funky smell to it. If you stay near there, go to Wokano restaurant less than a block away and have the pad thai dish. They also have chocolate dipped fortune cookies. I am going to recommend this hotel ONLY if you get it for less than $60 with all the fees and taxes included, otherwise forget it

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Burbank hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I arrived late, after midnight, and was quoted a price of $179.95. I asked for a discount since I would only be staying overnight (which has ALWAYS been the case when I've stayed at any hotel past midnight - a half day rate is customary, and I've stayed in MANY hotels in my life), and it was already past midnight. They refused, even though it was clearly evident by the amount of cars parked in the garage that they were FAR from capacity. I went ahead and grudgingly paid the $179.95, since I'd been on the road for 12 hours, and was frankly too exhausted to drive around looking for a better rate. Well, the "wonderful" room I was given was smaller than any room on the 4th floor by half, as it was located in a corner nook directly by the elevators! It was dingy, and light flooded in around the door (not to mention the noise blasted into my room all morning by everyone on that floor riding the elevator - which served as an unwanted alarm clock). Again, too tired to deal with switching rooms. I then go to fill my ice bucket, only to find the ice and vending machines were absent (apparantly construction work was going on), yet again, too tired to deal with it, so I hit the hay. Fast forward to morning, looking forward to a nice hot shower. Guess what? No hot water. I call the front desk, they tell me they're sending up a maintenance man. I ask how a maintenance man is going to fix the hot water by fiddling with a shower head? Silence. I ask if anyone is in the next room, and can they just send up a key so I can shower there if it's not occupied; no dice. In any case, after waiting fifteen minutes, the maintenance fella still hasn't shown up. Another call to the front desk, "he's on his way." Another fifteen minutes, no show, another call. Finally the maintenance man shows, fiddles with the faucets, and surprise, surprise, he can't fix it. So, guess what? They send up a key for the next room! Okay, so after screwing around for close to forty five minutes on this shower deal, I hear a beating on the door, housekeeping needs to clean my room. I explain the situation, that I've been waiting to take a shower, thus the reason I'm still in the room (I'm literally wearing a towel as I explain this). She leaves, I get a call from the front desk asking why I sent the housekeeper away, with the audacity to tell me that I've had plenty of time to shower and vacate the room (it had been literally less than ten minutes since the maintenance man had left my room)! He ACTUALLY told me I only needed 15 minutes to shower and get dressed! In summation, I didn't get an apology for this fiasco, nothing, zilch, save for a bad attitude from several staffers upon check-out. I only needed a room to sleep and shower in, and both needs were not satisfied. A VERY bad experience!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
United States
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I too was wondering what I might encounter at this hotel reading the reviews here. Since they were on the Priority Club Point Break for 1Q2010, I figure I will stay there to save some points.

The hotel has 2 towers - Tower 1 has regular rooms and Tower 2 are all suites. The Odd # rooms in Tower 1 and Even # rooms in Tower 2 face each other. The odd # rooms in Tower 1 face the I-5. The even number rooms in Tower 1 have great views of the mountains on a clear day. Tower 1 is older.

I took their shuttle from Burbank - it came pretty quickly after I called them. Airline crews also stay at this hotel, by the way. The check-in was a little slow.

I had a regular room in Tower 1. The room does look dated (like the rest of the hotel) but it is decent size. The bathroom's decor is old but the bright lighting in the bathroom was great and everything worked fine. I think every room has a refrigerator and some have microwaves. The clerk also told me that some rooms have been renovated but it sounds like a very limited number of rooms are.

Parking is free for hotel guests and the parking garage is right next door. You need to get your ticket validated at the front desk before you leave.

The hotel has uniformed security guards on-duty which makes you wonder. The area is OK and you can actually walk to the MetroLink station (commuter train, not the LA subway) which will take you to Union Station.

I did have a problem which I did not think the clerk addressed properly. He took the "what do you want me to do?" attitude - thinking I was trying to get him to compensate me somehow "I can't fix your problem, I can only give you a drink coupon.". It was a very simple paper sinage problem to fix which would have saved me and many guests. I could not even get him to provide the GM's e-mail address. I talked to another employee and felt better after. In general, they are not bad.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Media Center in Burbank over the New Year's weekend. It was the closest place to the Rose Parade we could stay without getting gouged on the price. And we got the hotel on Priceline for $79/night, which was great. We were really close to everywhere we wanted to go. It was 15 minutes to Pasadena, 15 minutes to the Staples Center, 15 minutes to Hollywood. It was very convenient.

The hotel also was in a great location in Burbank. There were a ton of restaurants and shops in the neighborhood, along with several movie theater complexes. It was wonderfully convenient. Add to that convenience was free parking at the hotel.

As far as the hotel goes, the beds were supremely comfortable and we slept quite well. There was a nice flat screen tv in the room and plenty of space. In addition, there was a fitness room, wi-fi, and a nice pool. I had absolutely no complaints with the hotel. My wife and I have stayed in quite a few places and we were both very happy with our stay and would stay there again without a second thought. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple