All reviews free parking media center high floor universal studios san fernando within walking distance large hotel restaurants and shops black angus would stay here again la area hotel restaurant los angeles airport shuttle coffee maker bob hope airport king bed
Reviewed June 22, 2017

I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn in a while. I wish I hadn't this time either. This hotel is very glitzy, beautiful lobby and first floor with all its banquet rooms and meeting facilities. That is where it stops. Nothing special from that point on. However, there are some problems that just cannot be overlooked. We stayed there for a week. EVERY day, at least one of the elevators was out of service. At lest one guest we spoke to got stuck in an elevator and had to pry themselves out. They were able to get the doors to open and climbed out (the elevator was stuck between floors). There are water dispensers in the lobby; rarely were they filled. Our room had two tiny drawers for clothing and belongings. Two of us staying there for a week -- definitely not enough drawer space. This hotel is long on image and glitz but very short on reasons to stay. Parking is an additional $16 per day (if I had been someone off the street who was not staying there, parking is $18 per day). We were told the room key worked for the sauna; WRONG. Apparently, you must get a pass from the front desk to use the sauna. It wasn't worth the effort. The staff at the front desk is very professional but anything but friendly. I did, however, notice that a lot of airline employees stay here. Front desk personnel are almost overly friendly with them. We visit Los Angeles about 4 times a year. Comfort Inn is a much better value. The best thing this Holiday Inn has going for it is location. Otherwise, it is sorely lacking. By the way, when we told an employee about the elevators and their issues, he said that the hotel is over 30 years old and will be renovated in the next few months. I won't be back there in the next few months, if ever.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere is my best advice
1  Thank JamesK45
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Hello James K!

Thanks for bringing your concern to my attention. I'm glad to know from your ratings that our location worked well for you and you were able to sleep soundly. On the other hand, it is disconcerting to know that everything else went downhill because of multiple service issues particularly on the elevator, water dispenser, service from our Front Desk staff, and storage space in your room. I understand that you are upset about this so, I have sent you a private message to gather more information on the said matter. I've also shared your comments to our maintenance and reception team as a part of their continued training. I assure you that this is not how we typically take care of our guests. I appreciate your continued loyalty to our brands and I'm hoping you can find the time to respond to my message.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 19, 2017

They have unsafe elevators. I was stuck in one on the 8th floor for over 25 minutes. Rang the alarm bell, pushed the call button, NO RESPONSE. I used my phone to get through to guest services who then called the front desk who had no idea that I was stuck in the elevator!!! I was by myself, I am not young, am claustrophobic and do not do well with heights. When I asked for an explanation, none was given, just apologies. Not good enough, When we returned to the hotel that same evening, the fire department were there rescuing a group of 8 people from another elevator that had broken down. They also got no response to the alarm...Beware!!! We asked to meet with the General Manager on the morning of check-out but was fobbed off with some young "o-duty" manager!!! They did give us one free night, but it worries me that no one seems to care that I was stuck in the elevator with no response for such a long time...Just not safe.

Room tip: Don't bother...
1  Thank Simlagirl
BurbankHoliday, Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

We appreciate your business and the time you have taken to write your review. We are well aware of the issues you experienced. We had a perfect elevator storm. It does us no good to have guests stuck in elevators. We are diligently working to correct the problems. The elevators are in the process of upgrades and it is a slow process. In fact, it is a lot slower than we wish, but we are working as fast as the elevator company can work. We do regret that you feel you were "fobbed off." Our employees are dedicated to doing a good job and it is painful to hear when a guest has a bad experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

We stayed here two nights on June 12 and 13, 2017. It is in a very good location. You can walk to everything from here. Restaurants right across the street. If you like Ikea, you can walk there too. We had a room on the 15th floor and it was very quiet considering city noise below. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. Nothing special, but nice. Two things you want to be aware of is that this is a full service Holiday Inn so there are no free breakfasts, coffee etc outside of your room. We did have a refrigerator and microwave though, so we ate in our room. Also, there is a fee of $16.00 each night for parking which is somewhat normal in these areas of California. All in all, we are pretty picky travels who like many of the better Hilton brands. With that said, we would stay here again and probably will when we visit.

Room tip: I'd recommend higher floor rooms due to city noise and facing the mountains.
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, good rooms, pool area that gets the afternoon sun and good location for local dining options. But BEWARE THE WIFI! This hotel offers free wifi but it drops you at every opportunity and is unreliable, not great if like me your trying to stay in constant touch with a foreign business and are trying to avoid data roaming charges! House keeping staff are good and helpful. Didn't use the restaurant as so many local dining options.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 787ewhurst
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Hello Natalia T,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel nice, rooms at par with your expectations and location good. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about the wifi service you received that negatively affected your stay. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest and it is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 14, 2017

This busy venue in the heart of downtown Burbank is a cut above Holiday Inns I have stayed at in the past. It is frequented by flight crews out of the Hollywood Burbank Airport, but also by families and others attending small conferences and formal events. Guest rooms are fresh, quiet and nicely appointed, though the windows are only moderate size and without balcony. A spacious lounge on the 18th floor overlooking the San Fernando valley is a great place for an afternoon or evening drink & appetizers. A variety of nice opportunities for food and drink are within easy walking distance as well, and there is a good-sized, upscale shopping mall (under renovation - June 2017) a few blocks away. There is a daily fee for parking with free in-and-out privileges and easy access to nearby freeways. Check-in process needs better organization and surge capacity, but the staff was uniformly friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Higher floors offer better views overall. Some rooms look directly across at the adjacent tower - choose accordingly.