“Crystal View Lounge” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
united states
“Crystal View Lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

The hotel was great, very clean and so close to Burbank fun! The Crystal View Lounge on the top floor is a hidden secret! Excellent views of the city and a nice lounge feel.. Very quiet but a great place to go to have a relaxing drink before hitting up Burbank! Even if you are just in the city head up to the top floor of the Holiday Inn.. We had so much fun up there and the view of the city is incredible!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank labbby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Elk Grove, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

I was going to a funeral in L.A. and just needed a room for one night. I got my room for $85 using Price Line and after reading some of the reviews, I was a little concerned about my upcoming stay.

Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! What a GREAT find! I stayed on the 4th floor and my room was spacious and CLEAN. The staff was very friendly.

Right across the street is a Gordon Biersch restaurant. I know there are other restaurants and shops all within walking distance, but I didn't catch their names. Also, many local restaurants offer delivery service to your room. I know BJ's was one of them.

I enjoyed the hotel and location so much that I will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Mr_UCLA
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I don't know what is up with all the negative reviews here about this hotel. We went on Priceline and found a great price of $77.00 per night. It was perfect for our mini-vacation to Universal Studios for our kids prior to them returning to school next week.

We were put on the 8th floor and had a view of the gazebo. All rooms have a flat panel tv and our beds were extremely comfortable, we didn't want to get out of bed most days.

Hallways were brightly lit and I did not see any dirty carpet anywhere. Our room had clean carpeting. I just don't get some of the complainer's here on Tripadvisor.

We got really lucky because it had every item we wanted our hotel to have: free parking, fridge in room, restaurant, and pool. My friend and here daughter stayed in a room with two doubles as did myself and my son. Location is an easy-peasy 10 min. drive to Universal Studios. Hotel does not offer shuttle to Universal Studios, but that was fine, we had our rental car.

Hotel does offer free airport shuttle back and forth between Bob Hope Airport (BUR) only, so that's a plus if I ever fly back to LA through BUR and I plan to stay at Holiday Inn again.

One evening we decided to eat at the restaurant and my son ordered the patty melt and I had the turkey, bacon avocado sandwich. Both were delicious. On breakfast however, I was misinformed the week before our trip, when I called to confirm if my 11 yr old would be free of charge to eat the breakfast buffett, and was told several times "Yes, as long as a paying adult is eating too ($10.95)". WRONG. On the day we ate the breakfast buffett, they said I had to pay $6.95 for my kid and $10.95 for myself. My friend and I were disgruntled. Breakfast buffett was scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potatos, pancakes, hard boiled eggs, cereal and fruit. Otherwise, your other option is to order from the menu. Not worth my $10.95.

They offer room service, but we didn't bother. Both were decent. Restaurant staff, concierge and front desk staff were all very pleasant to work with.

There is a CVS Pharmacy and a Ralphs grocery store less than 5 minutes driving time away which I used one night to pick up cough drops and bottled waters.

Because we ran around so much at Universal Studios, we never got a chance to play in the pool.

Hotel was decent, efficient and clean and so very close to Hollywood and Universal Studios.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank redenvelope
Newbridge, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel is easy to get to - just off the I 5 and if you are driving then it connects handy to downtown LA, Santa Monica and LAX via the respective highways. Lovely room, neat, tidy, quiet. Staff friendly and helpful. Office centre for printing tickets etc and free wifi was great.
Therse are everal restaurants nearby, shops and pubs. We ate in BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse just across the street, lovely food, friendly staff, lively atmosphere. Only 5 minutes drive from Universal Studios which is easy to get to as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nleahy
Vaughan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed here 7 Nights in July and it was great. The hotel is a bit out-dated, but is still very nice. The staff was always very helpful and ready to assist. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. We had absolutely no problems at all. The area that the hotel is located is truly amazing and beautiful. There is quite a few restaurants, shops and a huge mall within walking distance. My overall experience was very pleasant and I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank permic7
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

We stayed about two nights in this hotel, it was very nice and spacious. There was this person who didnt have an very good attitude but besides that it was pretty nice. I loved how the staff of the restaurant were very nice. It is a lilttle expensive but really good so it is worth it!
I do recommed this hotel! Very Nice!
=]

Stayed May 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lily_1110
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

Great location - downtown area. Nice interiors, spacious rooms.
Not much of a choice in the restaurants, but the staff at the restaurant were very nice - they were ready to cook up anything that me and my wife wanted. But restaurant is expensive - better to eat at any of the other restaurants in the downtown area - just walking distance. Front desk staff were not at all co-operative - they need to change their attitude.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business