“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn-Media Center in Burbank. It's conveniently located, right off the highway. The rooms were clean and the staff were very nice. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Jose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2008

Got a good rate on this hotel at hotwire.com. The location is really nice - right in burbank downtown. Lots of nice restaurants that you can walk to. Great view from our hotel room too.

Here are the negatives -
Terrible service
* We reached the hotel at 11 pm. Stood at the reception for 10 minutes or more while the receptionist was chatting with someone. Finally someone else showed up and helped us out.
* Reached the hotel room and realized I needed to call the reception to get the wi-fi password. I called them. They put me on hold and forgot.
* We had booked a room for 4 but the room had only 3 towels. I called for a towel the next morning but they never sent it.

The decor is outdated, but the hotel is clean.

• Liked — location and view
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank vacationtimeSanJose
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

I booked this hotel on Priceline for $90 and after seeing some of the reviews I was a little worried. It was a very good hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They got us Jay Leno tickets for the next day. The tickets are free if you go and stand in line at 8:00 am for standby tickets. They (not the hotel, it was like a required tip) charged us $10 each and they picked up the tickets, drove us there and picked us up. If you rent a car, they have free parking in the garage. That's a big plus. Breakfast and lunch in the coffee house was very good and reasonably priced. We didn't eat dinner there. It is right in downtown Burbank. You can walk and shop and eat....very clean in downtown. The pool was empty (85-90 degrees outside). That was very nice and peaceful.

I would definitely stay there everytime we go o the area. Close to LA, Hollywood, etc.

• Liked — Closeness to downtown, staff
  • Disliked — one elevator didn't work
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doxiecake
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

This was my first trip to the Burbank area with my 11 year old son. After a 5 hour flight and many delays, we arrived at the hotel in a bit of a rush. We had one hour before an audition for my son. Of course when we went to check in, expedia had screwed up our reservation. The woman at the front desk could see my frustration and new we had an appointment. She got on the phone with Expedia who simply couldn't figure out what went wrong. The front desk clerk then booked us a room at a cheaper rate and ordered a cab while we straightened out the mess! Of course the cab never showed! The concierge came over offered to take the shuttle van and drive us to the audition! He even came back and picked us up! Then when our flight was cancelled the following day, we ended up back at the hotel and the same clerk was able to get us back into the same room we had before with no issue. The concierge offered to get us Dodger tickets and yes, he drove us again! (of course he got a great tip!)

The restaraunt was small and affordable. I found the food to be "okay" but service was quick and polite.

The room was larger than most, clean and quiet. I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Medford, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2008

This hotel has a great location, and it would have been nice to have information in our room regarding the restaurants in the area, maybe ours was just missing from the room.

After checking in we had to carry our own bags up to the room none of the employees standing around outside offered to help. We are in our 70's so we had to make 2 trips.

There were 2 elevators in the tower where our room was located. One elevator was out of order on Thursday when we arrived and was still out of order when we left Sunday. There were long waits for the elevator each time we used it.

I was also surprised to find the flowers in the lobby were fake. How tacky.

The in-room coffee was abomnable - one cup at a time?

• Liked — Pleasant clean room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Clemson, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2008

I will begin here by saying that I am an airline employee, age 47, who has stayed in literally hundreds of hotels and who has been traveling the world since I was 17. My mom is a huge fan of Jay Leno and an even bigger fan of Craig Ferguson and wanted to see their shows taped, instead of going on our usual Bahamas or Vegas trip. We managed to get tickets online to Ferguson's show but realized that Leno would have wait for another trip, as tickets weren't available. My first stop was Tripadvisor; I read reviews of the HI Burbank and other hotels. When I realized that the HI Burbank is where my airline puts up its crews, I figured it had to be good enough for us. I called the property and asked the woman who answered the phone if she could transfer me to reservations. She said, "I can help you," and that was the beginning of my wonderful experience at this property. She took my reservation for a single night and all was well. Until two days before our arrival date, when we learned we'd gotten tickets to see Leno on the day before Ferguson! So we needed the room for two nights instead of one, and the additional night was only the next day! I called and spoke again to Kimberly. She told me nothing was available but that she would keep an eye out for something, and get us to another property if it didn't materialize, and not to worry. Within 15 minutes she was calling to say that we were cleared for both nights. She said she'd try to make sure the room was ready for us when we arrived at 10:30 am. When we arrived in BUR we called from luggage claim and Kimberly told us the room was ready and the shuttle on its way! It was there almost immediately; the only safe, friendly drivers (and the only clean vehicles without obvious mechanical problems) we had in Burbank were the ones working at this hotel, but they more than made up for the rude and unhelpful taxi drivers in the city! Upon check-in we were upgraded to a suite by Giovanni, who was very helpful to us with directions, answering questions, and making our check-out absolutely seamless. The hotel AND every member of its staff was LOVELY and the hotel property much nicer than either of us had envisioned. We were so well-treated that we wondered if we were the only guests, but knew we were not. Our maid, Patricia, was neither seen nor heard at ANY point (we didn't even see a housekeeping cart or hear vacuuming), but her fine work was evident and her handwritten note thanking us was sweet. The hotel has free WiFi in the rooms and every cable channel you could want. Within a very short walking distance is a Black Angus steakhouse and what looks like a local pizza-and-brewery type place. There is a long, tree-shaded downtown street equally nearby with shops and restaurants, although we did not go there, merely drove past. There is a fine pool. The suite had a king bed, with a comfy mattress and nice linens, two televisions, a frig, microwave and plenty of room. It was especially nice to be able to maneuver in the bathroom, where the hot water was abundant and there was a sunlamp. The hotel has a small gift shop with reasonable prices, free USAToday, and a restaurant that gave us plenty of delicious food for a reasonable price. The waitress offered to let us have a single trip to the salad bar instead of fries with our croissant sandwiches, even though that option was not on the menu, and we were so pleased. We ordered room service twice for breakfast and once for a light dinner and it was WONDERFUL..delicious, fast, at a reasonable price and with a server who was gracious and helpful. (Try the California omelet, with avocado, and the Chinese chicken salad off the room service menu.) We would not dream of staying anywhere else when we go back soon to see Ellen Degeneres and Bill Maher. Thank you to everyone at the Holiday Inn Burbank who helped make this a great experience for my mom!

• Liked — The PEOPLE. They are what customer service providers SHOULD be...each and every one!
  • Stayed September 2008
1 Thank ToniVitanza
Thunder Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

Good enough for the Price.Paid under $100 a night with free parking and internet wich is near impossible in the LA/Hollywood area that is safe when the sun goes down close to everything I-5 is a couple blocks away,bus stop a block away and 2 blocks from downtown Burbank.STAFF WAS GREAT though very few understood english too well, including the concierge. only real issue was the carpeting in the room, it had wet spots all over it like it had just been cleaned. Good value if your on a budget and cant afford a $200 a night room.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family